Still glad I went with the 8Plus

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Good luck. I had the X and did not like it at all. Returned it and stayed with the 8 plus. My wife and daughter went to get the X but hated it and got the 8 plus as well. It is a gorgeous device for sure but for us the 8 plus was a better fit.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
It’s great there are options because not everyone is going to like the same device. Life would be boring if we all had the same and the same likes.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have 12 cases people. Lol. Am glad my cases will fit if I upgrade. Never have I had that ability to use cases on a different device. That’s big for me. I have a lot of money invested in cases even though I got them discounted. Still adds up

DevinNJ

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I visit but don't post a lot here lately, but I just wanted to wish you well, you're definitely in my thoughts, I've been through breast cancer with my wife and can appreciate what you're going through. Stay strong and remain positive and it will work out!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I visit but don't post a lot here lately, but I just wanted to wish you well, you're definitely in my thoughts, I've been through breast cancer with my wife and can appreciate what you're going through. Stay strong and remain positive and it will work out!

Bless your wife. I am a 30 yr BC survivor.

Thank you very much. Bless you

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyone return the 8 plus for a X? Was it worth it or not? Thinking about it. I have till Tuesday.

I went from the 8 plus to my note 8 to the x and back to the 8 plus. I got a good deal on the 8 plus and didn’t really feel there was enough of an upgrade to the x. It just never felt like the screen was big enough for me. The 8 plus feels like more real estate, that I can do more on it. I did really enjoy Face ID. If they make a plus version of the x next year I will be all over that.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I called Verizon tonight. I am on a very good discount price on my 7+ because of the 529.00 note5 trade in I received. If I upgrade now my bill will increase by 20 bucks. As much as I want it I think I will hold off until I have the Series 3 watch paid off. Am financing it on my Verizon for 6 months. I want the 8+ but I don’t want to increase my bill. I just paid off my Samsung S2 tablet and got it taken off my account. Selling it. I only want to use Apple products. Trying to sell my HP too. Lol. My Mac Pro tops it huge

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
Returned my X yesterday and went back to an 8 Plus. Threw in an Apple Watch for good measure. Sorry, after playing around with the X for 2 weeks, I just couldn’t justify the added cost. It’s the same phone in a different form factor. Nice screen, but with my 8 plus I don’t have to worry about burn in. And no matter how I tried to convince myself I had something cool, that notch started to bug the crap out of me. Very happy with my choice.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I’m thinking about returning my X. I miss my 7plus so the 8plus is just an upgraded version of that. I have tell Friday so I will give the X more time but I know I am going to go get the 8plus most likely. Maybe next year with an X plus.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded from the 7 plus to the 8 plus. After a week and a half I returned the 8 plus and got the X. I was having a little more trouble getting the 8 out of my leg pocket than the 7. With it being a little thicker than the 7 it was causing me pocket problems.

I miss the width a little but the size of the phone is good enough for me. It’s not too big and not too small. It’s like a 10.5” iPad Pro, right in the middle. If the X plus comes out next year than I’ll definitely look at it. But if it won’t fit in my pocket than the X will be mine for another year.

Might be the first time I kept a phone more than a year. Only time will tell.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded from the 7 plus to the 8 plus. After a week and a half I returned the 8 plus and got the X. I was having a little more trouble getting the 8 out of my leg pocket than the 7. With it being a little thicker than the 7 it was causing me pocket problems.

Really..... .02mm is what did it for you?

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Yea. I was having trouble with the 7 plus too. The 8 plus seemed too be more of a problem. I wear carpenter pants just to put my iPhone in the leg pocket.

Don’t get my wrong. The 8 plus is a beautiful iPhone. I still love it. Maybe it was just time for a change. I had the 6, 6S, 7, and now 8. All pluses.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I was hoping to get the 8+ now but I don’t want to add 24 bucks to my bill. I am going to hold off until I have my watch paid off unless before XMAS Verizon does something marvelous and offers a trade in. I got 529 trade in allowance on my Note 5 when I got my 7+ so I am only paying 16.00 a month for my 7+. That is hard to give up. There is nothing wrong with my 7+. I just want the 8+. LOL. I need to be smart. I will have the phone a yr on Jan 13th. I did get the Apple Pencil....delivery on Tues. I am going to have fun with it.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping to get the 8+ now but I don’t want to add 24 bucks to my bill. I am going to hold off until I have my watch paid off unless before XMAS Verizon does something marvelous and offers a trade in. I got 529 trade in allowance on my Note 5 when I got my 7+ so I am only paying 16.00 a month for my 7+. That is hard to give up. There is nothing wrong with my 7+. I just want the 8+. LOL. I need to be smart. I will have the phone a yr on Jan 13th. I did get the Apple Pencil....delivery on Tues. I am going to have fun with it.

I totally get it. For that monthly bill to go up it needs to be for a good upgrade.

I bought my 6s Plus last year right after the 7 came out at the ed of September. I thought it would put me on the “upgrade every year” path with iPhone and I’d get the much anticipated new one this fall.

Turns out I bought my 6s Plus 2 weeks too late for that and so wasn’t on the upgrade program. The good thing is it gave me some time to really think about what I wanted. I got a hands on experience with the X in a Verizon affiliate store and really wasn’t blown away. So after a lot of thought (and paying off my 6s Plus ☹️) I went with the 8 Plus for the new A11 chip and the camera.

It has turned out to be a big upgrade over the 6s Plus for me and I love it. The camera is truly amazing! And the phone is fast.

But if I had gone with the 7 Plus last year I wouldn’t have had a good excuse to upgrade really. The difference would be more minimal. I was paying $29 a month for the old phone and it will be $39 now so up $10 a month. But got that $300 gift card from Walmart so that makes up for it!

BTW - hoping for good things for your health and full recovery!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I totally get it. For that monthly bill to go up it needs to be for a good upgrade.

I bought my 6s Plus last year right after the 7 came out at the ed of September. I thought it would put me on the “upgrade every year” path with iPhone and I’d get the much anticipated new one this fall.

Turns out I bought my 6s Plus 2 weeks too late for that and so wasn’t on the upgrade program. The good thing is it gave me some time to really think about what I wanted. I got a hands on experience with the X in a Verizon affiliate store and really wasn’t blown away. So after a lot of thought (and paying off my 6s Plus ☹️) I went with the 8 Plus for the new A11 chip and the camera.

It has turned out to be a big upgrade over the 6s Plus for me and I love it. The camera is truly amazing! And the phone is fast.

But if I had gone with the 7 Plus last year I wouldn’t have had a good excuse to upgrade really. The difference would be more minimal. I was paying $29 a month for the old phone and it will be $39 now so up $10 a month. But got that $300 gift card from Walmart so that makes up for it!

BTW - hoping for good things for your health and full recovery!

I will get the 8+ but not just yet. I am not interested in the X.
Thx for the prayers