Still glad I went with the 8Plus

RTakher209

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
Anyone else who has the 8Plus feeling this way even after seeing, feeling, and messing around with the X for a good amount of time?? I know a few people who bought the X wish they went with the 8Plus instead.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I went with the 8 Plus before the X was available. I have seen and played with the X and don't regret getting the 8 Plus. I like the plus size.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I had the X and it feels like something is missing to me. The size is too small and the lack of the fingerprint sensor sucks. Don't get me wrong it's a nice device it just dosent hold up to all the hype I've it in my opinion.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Me too very happy with the 8 plus. I went and checked out the X a few times it's a beautiful phone love the small form factor wireless charging, it might be me but I thought the screen on the 8 plus looked better too.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I actually returned my pixel 2 xl today with full intent on ordering the X. After playing with the X in store I ended up leaving with the 8 plus and the apple watch series 3 nike watch...who knew lol.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I LOVE my X, but still miss the size of the Plus. I wouldn’t change my mind though. The 8 Plus was gorgeous but I have too much love for the X. I can’t put it down, and haven’t in 12 days

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The screen on the X is bigger than the 8 plus.
This is not true the 8 plus is wider and apps work better on the 8 plus. Apple released the X too early before apps had time to make the adjustments for the screen. The difference is day and night between the two and its ashame because the X is a beautiful device.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
This is not true the 8 plus is wider and apps work better on the 8 plus. Apple released the X too early before apps had time to make the adjustments for the screen. The difference is day and night between the two and its ashame because the X is a beautiful device.

The 8 Plus screen is bigger. I am glad I went with the 8 Plus this year for that reason as well as the fact that it takes time for developers to update to the latest form factor and tech. That being said, the timing of the release of the X has nothing to do with why apps are still updating to adapt to the new form factor. The same thing happened when the Plus models came out. It takes time for app developers to make those adjustments after the new phone is released. Relatively very few app developers get advance time with the new device. That means the only time most developers have to adjust their app is after release. Some will be faster than others at getting that done, for various reasons.

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I traded my 6 for an 8+ a week before the X went on presale. All my friends with the 8+ said I'd love it. I did really like the larger screen, speed and cameras but I couldn't get used to the size and especially mass of the the thing. I decided I would try and get a X on launch day. If I could, the 8+ was going back.

I did get the X on launch day and I'm glad I did. I really like the X. I'm not saying it doesn't have issues. Being a new form factor, that is expected. But I'm sure most of the issues will be ironed out soon. It's still noticeably heavier than the 6 but also way more comfortable for me than the 8+ was. I feel it's much more "pocketable". After living with both for about 2 weeks now, I honestly don't see that much of a difference between the 2 screens. But then again I've got old, tired eyes. The younger people I've shown the phone to tell me they can't believe how much sharper it is.

In terms of screen size... The extra real estate vs the 6 is very noticeable. Reading web pages is the only real advantage the 8+ had over the X. You could see a little more content. Watching videos is basically the same experience. Wide format video fits the X better. The wider screen (in landscape) helps out. Watching standard format video on YouTube is slightly better on the 8+. Considering the overall size of the X, these are worthwhile trade offs for me.

Battery life for either of these phones is much, much better than my old 6. With the 8+ I'd have 60-80% left at the end of the day depending on use. With the X I see 55-75% if I don't put it on a Qi charger along the way.

I do miss Touch ID at times but for the most part Face ID has worked fine. For now, I'm glad I went with the X.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Length wise, but not width wise. That’s why I’m keeping the 8 plus.

Some people think length is more important than width and some people think width is more important than length. I don’t think that will ever change. Good thing is that both options are available.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Some people think length is more important than width and some people think width is more important than length. I don’t think that will ever change. Good thing is that both options are available.

Yea but not on the same phone. Maybe next year.

Nov 5, 2017
Visit site
The 8 Plus is my first iPhone so I'm really happen to begin with, but I was finally able to go hands-on with an iPhone X at Best Buy and it reaffirmed my choice. I much prefer the more traditional size/width ratio of the 8 Plus. The screen on the X looks amazing, but the phone feels too small in my hands. It'll be interesting to see what Apple has in store for next year, but for now I'm beyond happy with my 8 Plus.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I liked the 8 Plus, but the size of the X is better. Plus, it has a bigger screen and you can tell OIS is missing on the secondary telephoto lens on the 8 Plus when you use it on the X.