Returned my X yesterday and went back to an 8 Plus. Threw in an Apple Watch for good measure. Sorry, after playing around with the X for 2 weeks, I just couldn’t justify the added cost. It’s the same phone in a different form factor. Nice screen, but with my 8 plus I don’t have to worry about burn in. And no matter how I tried to convince myself I had something cool, that notch started to bug the crap out of me. Very happy with my choice.
    11-26-2017 09:34 AM
    I’m thinking about returning my X. I miss my 7plus so the 8plus is just an upgraded version of that. I have tell Friday so I will give the X more time but I know I am going to go get the 8plus most likely. Maybe next year with an X plus.
    11-26-2017 01:53 PM
    I upgraded from the 7 plus to the 8 plus. After a week and a half I returned the 8 plus and got the X. I was having a little more trouble getting the 8 out of my leg pocket than the 7. With it being a little thicker than the 7 it was causing me pocket problems.

I miss the width a little but the size of the phone is good enough for me. It’s not too big and not too small. It’s like a 10.5” iPad Pro, right in the middle. If the X plus comes out next year than I’ll definitely look at it. But if it won’t fit in my pocket than the X will be mine for another year.

Might be the first time I kept a phone more than a year. Only time will tell.
    11-26-2017 08:10 PM
    I upgraded from the 7 plus to the 8 plus. After a week and a half I returned the 8 plus and got the X. I was having a little more trouble getting the 8 out of my leg pocket than the 7. With it being a little thicker than the 7 it was causing me pocket problems.
    Really..... .02mm is what did it for you?
    11-26-2017 08:19 PM
    Yea. I was having trouble with the 7 plus too. The 8 plus seemed too be more of a problem. I wear carpenter pants just to put my iPhone in the leg pocket.

Don’t get my wrong. The 8 plus is a beautiful iPhone. I still love it. Maybe it was just time for a change. I had the 6, 6S, 7, and now 8. All pluses.
    11-26-2017 08:26 PM
    I was hoping to get the 8+ now but I don’t want to add 24 bucks to my bill. I am going to hold off until I have my watch paid off unless before XMAS Verizon does something marvelous and offers a trade in. I got 529 trade in allowance on my Note 5 when I got my 7+ so I am only paying 16.00 a month for my 7+. That is hard to give up. There is nothing wrong with my 7+. I just want the 8+. LOL. I need to be smart. I will have the phone a yr on Jan 13th. I did get the Apple Pencil....delivery on Tues. I am going to have fun with it.
    antm22 likes this.
    11-27-2017 12:58 AM
    I was hoping to get the 8+ now but I don’t want to add 24 bucks to my bill. I am going to hold off until I have my watch paid off unless before XMAS Verizon does something marvelous and offers a trade in. I got 529 trade in allowance on my Note 5 when I got my 7+ so I am only paying 16.00 a month for my 7+. That is hard to give up. There is nothing wrong with my 7+. I just want the 8+. LOL. I need to be smart. I will have the phone a yr on Jan 13th. I did get the Apple Pencil....delivery on Tues. I am going to have fun with it.
    I totally get it. For that monthly bill to go up it needs to be for a good upgrade.

I bought my 6s Plus last year right after the 7 came out at the ed of September. I thought it would put me on the “upgrade every year” path with iPhone and I’d get the much anticipated new one this fall.

Turns out I bought my 6s Plus 2 weeks too late for that and so wasn’t on the upgrade program. The good thing is it gave me some time to really think about what I wanted. I got a hands on experience with the X in a Verizon affiliate store and really wasn’t blown away. So after a lot of thought (and paying off my 6s Plus ☹️) I went with the 8 Plus for the new A11 chip and the camera.

It has turned out to be a big upgrade over the 6s Plus for me and I love it. The camera is truly amazing! And the phone is fast.

But if I had gone with the 7 Plus last year I wouldn’t have had a good excuse to upgrade really. The difference would be more minimal. I was paying $29 a month for the old phone and it will be $39 now so up $10 a month. But got that $300 gift card from Walmart so that makes up for it!

BTW - hoping for good things for your health and full recovery!
    Jude526 likes this.
    11-27-2017 07:12 AM
    I totally get it. For that monthly bill to go up it needs to be for a good upgrade.

I bought my 6s Plus last year right after the 7 came out at the ed of September. I thought it would put me on the “upgrade every year” path with iPhone and I’d get the much anticipated new one this fall.

Turns out I bought my 6s Plus 2 weeks too late for that and so wasn’t on the upgrade program. The good thing is it gave me some time to really think about what I wanted. I got a hands on experience with the X in a Verizon affiliate store and really wasn’t blown away. So after a lot of thought (and paying off my 6s Plus ☹️) I went with the 8 Plus for the new A11 chip and the camera.

It has turned out to be a big upgrade over the 6s Plus for me and I love it. The camera is truly amazing! And the phone is fast.

But if I had gone with the 7 Plus last year I wouldn’t have had a good excuse to upgrade really. The difference would be more minimal. I was paying $29 a month for the old phone and it will be $39 now so up $10 a month. But got that $300 gift card from Walmart so that makes up for it!

BTW - hoping for good things for your health and full recovery!
    I will get the 8+ but not just yet. I am not interested in the X.
    Thx for the prayers
    11-27-2017 09:35 AM
    Thx so much for the prayers!
    I will be getting the 8+. Just holding out for a bit
    11-27-2017 09:36 AM
    I’m loving my gold 8 plus . My son has the X, lt just isn’t for me .
    Prayers up for you jude526 .
    Jude526 likes this.
    11-27-2017 10:02 AM
    Thanks everyone for the prayers. I appreciate this community
    tadpoles likes this.
    11-27-2017 10:37 PM
    Dr just called me. Cat scan clear. He definitely got it all. See him Thursday to talk treatment answered
    11-28-2017 04:30 PM
    Yayyy
    So happy for you prayers do work
    11-28-2017 04:31 PM
    Yea. I was having trouble with the 7 plus too. The 8 plus seemed too be more of a problem. I wear carpenter pants just to put my iPhone in the leg pocket.

Don’t get my wrong. The 8 plus is a beautiful iPhone. I still love it. Maybe it was just time for a change. I had the 6, 6S, 7, and now 8. All pluses.
    Exactly.
    That’s why I’m enjoying the X and the 10.5” in terms of its size.
    11-28-2017 08:14 PM
    Yayyy
    As long as your praying to THE GOD and no one else. That’s how prayers are answered. Just by HIM.
    tadpoles likes this.
    11-28-2017 09:25 PM
    Really..... .02mm is what did it for you?
    It’s more about how much more screen real estate that the Plus model utilize over the X. Watching most video in landscape on the X really irked me. It basically gave me bezels on the X and less screen on the video than the Plus.
    11-29-2017 01:28 AM
    I’m sure things will be updated soon. Just like when the 6 plus came out, you just have to wait.
    11-29-2017 06:52 AM
    I got my iPhone 8 Plus yesterday. My contracts last for twelve months so I decided to go with the eight plus instead of the X. I just didn’t trust the X. I have had a couple of issues crop up today but as it is a brand new device I am allowing it to get the kinks out. I played around with a X in store yesterday and I didn’t like the lack of a home button. I also didn’t like how small it was compared to the 8+ as well. I was telling the worker how good it is that my contracts start in November because it allows me a couple of months after apple have released the device and by then the phones are in stock. I am interested to see what the apple devices of September 2018 are going to look like
    11-29-2017 08:10 PM
    I’m sure things will be updated soon. Just like when the 6 plus came out, you just have to wait.
    Yup.
    It’s only a matter of time.
    Gaming apps are taking awhile than the rest.
    11-29-2017 09:34 PM
    I didn't even look at the X because under the hood same horse power but the biggest reason is I really hate all these 18:9 aspect ratio screens it's useless. I put on a video on my friends X another 7 and my 8 Plus. Due to the aspect ratio there was black borders which made the X and 7 practical the exact same size in terms of video. Where as the 8 Plus was much better and full screen no borders. I rather have a slightly wider phone and have a 16:9 aspect ratio bezeless or almost bezeless phone but 18:9 no thanks. Thankfully I still have the 16:9 aspect ratio as an option to purchase I just hope the 18:9 is a fad and it will eventually change and I won't have to compromise lol
    11-30-2017 05:30 AM
    Another unsung advantage of the 8plus are the speakers. Such a big improvement over previous generations as well as the X. For me, whenever my daughter or son ask me to check out a youtube video with them or whatnot the quality of the speakers are highlighted. Much more deeper bass and fuller sound with the 8plus over the other models.
    11-30-2017 08:51 AM
    Another unsung advantage of the 8plus are the speakers. Such a big improvement over previous generations as well as the X. For me, whenever my daughter or son ask me to check out a youtube video with them or whatnot the quality of the speakers are highlighted. Much more deeper bass and fuller sound with the 8plus over the other models.
    I noticed this too. When I had a conversation with my mother yesterday while I was out at the shops I could hear her perfectly. Usually I had to put my hand over my other ear on my six plus but now I can hear her perfectly. Such a huge difference
    11-30-2017 10:11 AM
    I noticed this too. When I had a conversation with my mother yesterday while I was out at the shops I could hear her perfectly. Usually I had to put my hand over my other ear on my six plus but now I can hear her perfectly. Such a huge difference
    Hmm.. I think you're talking more of earpiece volume (since you mentioned putting your hand over your other ear).

I was mainly talking about the use of the earpiece and bottom facing speakers in a stereo configuration when you're watching Youtube or whatnot. It's a bigger/fuller sound versus the iPhone X, at least from the minimal amount of time I played with it in the store. I suppose Apple makes good use of the extra space and bottom bezel to get the fuller sound out of those speakers in the 8plus. I'm sure it's hard to duplicate that on the X since so much is jammed into a smaller chassis.
    Last edited by briareos4; 11-30-2017 at 01:38 PM.
    11-30-2017 11:46 AM
    Hmm.. I think you're talking more of earpiece volume (since you mentioned putting your hand over your other ear).

I was mainly talking about the use of the earpiece and bottom facing speakers in a stereo configuration when you're watching Youtube or whatnot. It's a bigger/fuller sound versus the iPhone X, at least from the minimal amount of time I played with it in the store. I suppose Apple makes good use of the extra space and bottom bezel to get the fuller sound out of those speakers in the 8plus. I'm sure it's hard to duplicate that on the X since so much is jammed into a smaller chassis.
    I agree with you there too. I’m coming from the six plus and the two speakers make a huge difference. Even with headphones on I never put it on full volume anymore. It’s too loud lol
    11-30-2017 08:07 PM
    Yayyy
    He wants a pet scan and my ins has approved it. He just wants to make sure. I am not worried. I just wish I was starting treatment.
    Back to work today and good to be back. A lot to catch up on.
    blemoon42 likes this.
    12-06-2017 01:16 AM
125 12345