So I currently have an 8+ and an 8, and I'm trying to decide between the two as one has to be returned by this weekend.

I love the battery life of the 8 Plus, but the 8 is sufficient for my needs. I love the size of the 8, but the 8 Plus is bearable. I've seen/felt no differences in performance due to the RAM difference. So my decision is ultimately coming down to the cameras.

For standard day to day shots and videos they're essentially identical. Portrait mode is cool, but can be mostly accomplished with 3rd party apps.

I've played around with the digital and optical zoom on the 8 Plus and I'm really having a hard time seeing what the big deal is. In some situations getting closer helps a little, but oftentimes given the lack of OIS on the dual camera, the shots from the regular 8 (even if cropped) tend to be on equal ground as they're more stabilized with no motion blur. For example, shots of my daughter at a soccer game (not motion shots)... she's maybe 30 yards away. With both, the shots end up looking practically identical. The 8+ is utilizing 2x optical(?) zoom, and the 8 is just zoomed in about one-third of the bar. Practically no difference between the shots. What am I doing wrong or what am I missing here?
    11-15-2017 01:42 PM
    My 7+ is my first iPhone ever. Switched over from Android. I like the camera on the iPhone better than what I had on Samsung. It’s personal choice. I will be upgrading hopefully soon to the 8+. I prefer a larger phone. I type with one hand. Hope with my right. Type using left thumb. I have always typed this way on a phone. Or voice command. I just don’t like small phones.
    11-18-2017 02:39 PM
    OIS is on both lens for the X, but only the main lens on the 8 Plus which to me it should be on both. Deciding between a non-Plus and a Plus came down to screen size and wanting a bigger screen. My work phone is an iPhone 6, so I have had the 6 Plus, 6S Plus and 7 Plus and when the X came out I got that for the screen to body ratio. While not the same screen per se, it is pretty close and with the higher resolution its working better than I had expected. I just got tired of a BIG phone in my pocket but don't like the small phone screen. The X is the middle spot, small phone body, all screen.
    12-01-2017 09:24 PM