Can any other users with an 8plus confirm whether or not its just me with this issue ?

On my previous iphone 6, the side volume buttons worked to turn up/down volume on playing media on the phone when in music/youtube/facebook video’s etc and when on the lock screen, it turned down the ringtone volume.

On my 8plus this is not the case.

I have a support case open and they have since told me to update to iOS 11.1.1 but this hasnt resolved the issue.

Just need confirmation from others that this is a bug then they can submit an iOS enhancement request

👍👍 thanks in advance
    11-10-2017 01:29 AM
    Can any other users with an 8plus confirm whether or not its just me with this issue ?

On my previous iphone 6, the side volume buttons worked to turn up/down volume on playing media on the phone when in music/youtube/facebook video’s etc and when on the lock screen, it turned down the ringtone volume.

On my 8plus this is not the case.

I have a support case open and they have since told me to update to iOS 11.1.1 but this hasnt resolved the issue.

Just need confirmation from others that this is a bug then they can submit an iOS enhancement request

thanks in advance

Go to Settings>Sound & Haptics. Make sure Change With Buttons is toggled on. That will change the volume of the ringer when the phone is unlocked. If I'm remembering correctly when the phone is locked the only time the buttons works for controlling volume is during media playback. They've never changed the ringer volume if the phone is locked though.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-10-2017 05:40 AM
    Go to Settings>Sound & Haptics. Make sure Change With Buttons is toggled on. That will change the volume of the ringer when the phone is unlocked. If I'm remembering correctly when the phone is locked the only time the buttons works for controlling volume is during media playback. They've never changed the ringer volume if the phone is locked though.

Yep, your absolutely correct. Literally just got off the phone with Apple Support with regards to this and they confirmed this also !

Cheers for the response

Scott
    msm0511 likes this.
    11-10-2017 05:42 AM