Walked out of ATT store with an 8Plus.

RTakher209

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
I’ve been a plus user since 2014. Currently have the matte black 7 plus since last year. Went to my local ATT to finally see and hold the new X and it is nice and all but man I was surprised how small it was compared to the plus. I don’t know maybe I’m just use to the bugger phone now but I was not blown away like I thought I would be. I was eligible for an upgrade with $42 to pay off my next balance and trade in. I walked out with a space grey 8plus and didn’t look back. Maybe I’ll upgrade to the X later on down the line, but for now I gotta go with the plus version. Did I make a mistake?

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I’m pretty sure you did not.
I’ve been a Plus user since the 6 Plus and the X felt too small (like the 6/7/8), I couldn’t comfortably hold it and couldn’t type for sh*t. So I got the 8 Plus.

But, if next year, Apple release a “bezelless” Plus size phone, I’m definitely getting it.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I have an 8+ as well. I’m kinda use to bigger phones (also have the S8+) and I’m not sure how I would feel about the smaller size of the X. Maybe next year Apple will have two versions. Plus, I really like the new gold color and the X only comes in space gray and silver. Maybe we’ll have more color options next year as well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve been a plus user since 2014. Currently have the matte black 7 plus since last year. Went to my local ATT to finally see and hold the new X and it is nice and all but man I was surprised how small it was compared to the plus. I don’t know maybe I’m just use to the bugger phone now but I was not blown away like I thought I would be. I was eligible for an upgrade with $42 to pay off my next balance and trade in. I walked out with a space grey 8plus and didn’t look back. Maybe I’ll upgrade to the X later on down the line, but for now I gotta go with the plus version. Did I make a mistake?

No, you did not make a mistake, and congratulations on getting your new iPhone 8 Plus....

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Nope no mistake I did the same thing went and checked it out, The X is a beautiful phone but wasn't impressed enough to buy it, walked out with a SG8 plus. Going to wait to see what comes next.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
No you didn’t. I went to Best Buy and looked at the X and wasn’t impressed. Walked out half hour later with a new 8 plus. Space gray and 256gb. Also picked up a new speck case in black. I’m loving the phone.

Seems a little heavier than the old 7 plus. Probably because of the glass.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. If I did the right thing, than why is it almost two or three times a day I’m checking the Apple app for iPhone X?

Last edited:

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
No, you did not make a mistake, and congratulations on getting your new iPhone 8 Plus....

Well...I am still using my 4s. Works fine. Only use the device for its features rather than ringing peeps up. I use my rotary phone for that.

My iPad Pro 256 gb new only cost just under 500.00 dollars.

spinrite

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Debated on the iPhone X but can't get let this iPhone 8 plus go. It just feels right to me. I don't think I can get used to the narrow screen size with only a gain in height.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

No. Be happy. It’s a good choice. When things get better for me I might get it too. But am in a health issue and lots of out of pocket charges. My 7+ is perfect. I just want the new. Lol. Got to be smart right now. Got the S3 Watch. Finally not guilty anymore getting it. But I got it before I found out I was seriously sick

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
No. Be happy. It’s a good choice. When things get better for me I might get it too. But am in a health issue and lots of out of pocket charges. My 7+ is perfect. I just want the new. Lol. Got to be smart right now. Got the S3 Watch. Finally not guilty anymore getting it. But I got it before I found out I was seriously sick

Hope you get better soon. Pray to The GOD and he’s the only one that can make you well.

I went to Best Buy today and REALLY checked out the X. I made the right decision last week to get the iPhone 8 Plus.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Thank you. My faith will help me get thru this
I am glad you are happy with your 8+. I want the gold when I can. I was never interested in the X. I can’t give up Touch ID and I like the form factor. I was skeptical because I made the switch from Android and Samsung. I am very pleased with Apple

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2