I know it's not the X, but this phone is gorgeous

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
The iPhone X will be the most talked about iPhone this year, but the 8 Plus will be the most underrated. It's just as powerful as the X and has most of the same features, and you can get it now. Enjoy your purchase. :)

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on your purchase! :yes: I hope it treats you well :)

I've had the 8+ for just under 2 weeks now after having an iPhone 6 for just under 3 years. I decided to give the 6 to my father after his 5 broke.

Everyone I know with a plus size iPhone loves it. They all told me to get one so I did. I do like the screen, the camera and especially the speed. Only thing I don't like is the size. It just feels so darn big in my pockets and hand. The 6 was soooo light I hardly knew I was carrying it. I decided to try and order a X for delivery on launch day. I was able to do that so the 8+ is going back to Apple tonight. Hopefully all the new gestures don't cross me up too much...lol. :concern:

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Congrats on your new phone! My wife has the 8 plus and loves it.
I’m not into the plus size phones and have a 7 but that’s why having a variety of sizes is nice.
Enjoy!

kimmh72

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I have the 8+ and am on my 3rd one due to screen faults! This 8+ is being returned for refund and I am ordering the X.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I went to the Apple store today during lunch to check out an X. Beautiful design. I then started to play around and look at website to see how they would look with the notch, check other apps, youtube, take photos and videos. I found that the notch isn't really an issue. But man do you lose so much screen real estate compared to the Plus models. Just odd. I have a 6s Plus that is starting to show its age (battery wise due to natural deterioration) and if I do replace it, it'll be with a Plus model down the road. Maybe if they have an OLED plus model next year or something, then I'll get it. I'd take an X if I win a contest or something though.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I just hope Apple doesn’t stop producing the old school design with bringing the new X
I love the home button and the form factor of the plus It works for me.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just hope Apple doesn’t stop producing the old school design with bringing the new X
I love the home button and the form factor of the plus It works for me.

You might be in for disappointment next year, though I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the 7/8 for another year for people like you that are having a harder time migrating.
FWIW you do get used to the gestures pretty quickly, and the button seems foreign after a while!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I came from Android and Samsung. I know it. Lol
I was just saying I like iPhone form factor

I am not interested in the X because I prefer Touch ID and also the price. That’s ridiculous. If I wanted I would get the Note 8 but I am over Sansung

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
You might be in for disappointment next year, though I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the 7/8 for another year for people like you that are having a harder time migrating.
FWIW you do get used to the gestures pretty quickly, and the button seems foreign after a while!

You are insulting my intelligence and tech capabilities. I sold for Verizon for 5 yrs. I am not stupid

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

I’m already swiping up on my iPad.

It doesn’t work.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm hoping to upgrade from a 6s to an 8 Plus around Christmas. I've been a big fan of silver, but the gold model is so pretty. Did any of you get the gold, and could you share pictures? TY

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have seen the gold. It’s pretty. It has white front. My new series 3 Watch is the gold. I will get gold if and when ready

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't my intention, I think you misinterpreted the spirit of what I posted. :)

But I had nothing to do with fear of moving on. I buy almost ever new flagship every year across iOS and Android. The X for me wasn’t special and I didn’t like it at all. Went back to the 8 plus. Just because someone doesn’t like it doesn’t mean there afraid of change.

Like I said I have had the Note 8. Pixel Xl 2, S8 plus, G6, Essential phone, Mi Mix and many others. Just don’t like the X.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711