I recently migrated from Android and have a handful of custom ring and notification tones I've used for years. When I had my 6S+ all I did was go into iTunes and convert to AAC then change the extension to m4r and pull them back into my phone via iTunes. That method didn't seem to work this time.

After tons of googling I was finally able to get the tones onto the phone and when it's connected to iTunes they now listed under tones, but when I try to use them they aren't showing up when I edit a contact or am in Sounds and Haptics

Any ideas or assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    10-27-2017 09:13 AM
    I haven't been able to find any info at all, that works, about adding custom ringtones to an idevice via iTunes. Ever since this last update to iTunes and iOS 11 all of my custom ringtones completely disappeared.
    ajb1965 likes this.
    10-27-2017 10:14 PM
    I haven't been able to find any info at all, that works, about adding custom ringtones to an idevice via iTunes. Ever since this last update to iTunes and iOS 11 all of my custom ringtones completely disappeared.
    Well I suppose there's some comfort in knowing I'm not crazy lol. Fingers crossed that it's on Apple's list of things to fix. Thanks for the reply!
    10-27-2017 11:32 PM
    I recently migrated from Android and have a handful of custom ring and notification tones I've used for years. When I had my 6S+ all I did was go into iTunes and convert to AAC then change the extension to m4r and pull them back into my phone via iTunes. That method didn't seem to work this time.

After tons of googling I was finally able to get the tones onto the phone and when it's connected to iTunes they now listed under tones, but when I try to use them they aren't showing up when I edit a contact or am in Sounds and Haptics

Any ideas or assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    How sure are you that the tones are there? You no longer have to sync tones through iTunes. You can instead just drag and drop through the phone's "Tones" menu while connected to iTunes. Is that the method you used?
    ajb1965 and Sherry_B like this.
    10-28-2017 05:19 PM
    How sure are you that the tones are there? You no longer have to sync tones through iTunes. You can instead just drag and drop through the phone's "Tones" menu while connected to iTunes. Is that the method you used?
    Oh bloody hell, you mean all I had to do was drag an M4R file from an explorer window into the open tones window in iTunes? Why is this not out there on the interwebs lol???

Problem solved hahaha

Thank you
    10-28-2017 05:36 PM
    Oh bloody hell, you mean all I had to do was drag an M4R file from an explorer window into the open tones window in iTunes? Why is this not out there on the interwebs lol???

Problem solved hahaha

Thank you
    Don’t feel bad. It’s a really new thing with iTunes now.
    It changed when iOS 11 was released in September along with an update to iTunes. I was getting antsy about it too and then I figured I’d try to drag and drop and it worked.
    ajb1965 and Sherry_B like this.
    10-28-2017 08:06 PM

Well I'll be damned... it works.

You are now my most favorite person! I know, I know... yay. LOL Thank you!!!

Now to figure out how to make new 30 second m4r files. EDIT: All sussed.
    Last edited by Sherry_B; 10-28-2017 at 10:24 PM.
    ajb1965 and BreakingKayfabe like this.
    10-28-2017 09:35 PM
    I was looking for a way to add custom ringtones, mostly the ones I made and found this https://www.macobserver.com/tips/qui...o-your-iphone/ while searching.
    12-01-2017 09:27 PM