Well it's happening. Our house is going all Apple. The last Android device was my wife's G6 and her gold 8 plus just came in this evening.
    So now begins the switch over to Apples software and cloud based apps.
    I am wanting to transfer everything over. All of our pictures! All 20GB over from Google Photos.

Am I looking at a similar service here?
    I was messing around with the Photos app and trying to figure out how to get shared folders that we both can contribute too. Seems simple enough.
    However, how does it sync up with our Mac? I was looking at the Photos app on there and it doesn't seem like any of the pictures I have added to a shared folder from my iPhone show up there.

Do photos sync between both devices?
    10-23-2017 07:13 PM
    Yes, your photos can sync between devices. For more information on iCloud Photo Sharing and Photo syncing, check out the iMore Blog information via the following links.

https://www.imore.com/icloud-photo-sharing

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.imo...and-ipad%3famp
    10-23-2017 07:55 PM
    You can even keep them in Google Photos and use it on your iDevices

And yes, they can sync. Enable “iCloud Photo Library”, in Settings —> Photos
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-23-2017 09:21 PM
    Thanks guys.

I have been using the Google Photos app for a couple months now and it's a good app. I am just getting tired of having two apps. Rather just have one.
    10-23-2017 09:38 PM
    We use iCloud Photo Library for most of our sharing in the family but I still back up to google photos as well. I think I always will. I prefer google photos overall myself, but it’s much easier to share within the Apple ecosystem since everyone in the family is in. I must say that I’m still learning to use the Apple iCloud system so I may not be using it to its full potential yet.
    vpblaze likes this.
    10-23-2017 10:49 PM
    iCloud is the way to go!
    10-24-2017 06:47 AM
    iCloud is the way to go!
    If you are all in and plan on sticking with the Apple ecosystem that would totally make sense. Sounds like that’s what the OP is saying so that’s probably good advice for them.
    10-24-2017 07:00 AM
    If you are all in and plan on sticking with the Apple ecosystem that would totally make sense. Sounds like that’s what the OP is saying so that’s probably good advice for them.
    Yeah!
    It’s the easiest if you’re going all in to the Apple ecosystem.
    10-24-2017 07:01 AM
    You can even keep them in Google Photos and use it on your iDevices

And yes, they can sync. Enable “iCloud Photo Library”, in Settings —> Photos
    So I was messing around with the settings some more.
    I have figured out how to get the shared albums to show up on my MacBook.
    Now with just other pictures that I want to store on iCloud, do I have to enable “iCloud Photo Library” on both my devices? And does this now automatically back up every single picture that ends up in my camera roll?
    10-25-2017 10:52 PM