It's about that time: Buyer's Remorse?

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
A lot of us are probably at the point of no return with our iPhone 8 Plus ride. Are any of y'all experiencing any buyer's remorse, and if so why?

I'm only having a super tiny bit of buyer's remorse. I came from a 7 Plus, and while I love the 8 Plus, I'm feeling like I could have kept waiting. On the other hand I'm still enjoying the latest and greatest from Apple, and I'm sure when I reach the point of no return I'll continue to be happy with my purchase. It feels solid in hand and is whip crack fast, and that's what I expect out of my Apple products.

Let's hear from ya!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Maybe a little bit but I was very aware of what I was getting with the 8 Plus. I was happy with the 7 Plus and certainly could have stuck with it. I have no interest in the iPhone X so I won’t have regrets because of that. The iPhone 8 Plus is the best iPhone out right now. If I miss anything it’s my Note 8, but that’s a whole different story.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
No, no remorse. There is nothing buggy with my phone, so nothing to upset me about it. I came from a 7 (standard) and my wife's iPhone 6 was bent. I wanted to wait for the iPhone X, but the more I read about it, the more I saw it, the less I wanted it. The iPhone 8-Plus has everything I wanted: A bigger screen, super fast response, great graphics, amazing camera, super WIFI and BT, water resistant, and the latest and greatest internals. I can't see any reason I would return it, except if it was beyond my budget. I have been with the iPhone since the iPhone 3. Never had buyers remorse. The only thing that bothers me about my 8+ purchase is that even though I hectically live in Oregon, I am working for now in Washington, so I had to pay Washington Tax of 10% when doing the preorder. If I would have waited and gone in store, I could have had the tax waived. But that's not the fault of the phone or Apple.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Nope. No buyer’s remorse here. Glad to be back to my beloved iOS after a brief flirtation (again) with Android. I need to just stay put and stop with the experimentation. No interest in iPhone X so I feel like I have the best that Apple has to offer this year. If they get a fingerprint scanner under the glass next year I’ll probably switch, otherwise I’ll most likely keep my 8 plus another year.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
As usual, *♂️....

More so because I'm not happy with camera quality (watercolour effect); yes I'm OCD about it, but that's because I briefly went to the dark side of Samsung S8+

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Not here either. While I normally always have to get the last eat device I’m very happy and content with my 8 plus. Since it’s such a big change to the X I want to wait and see how it works for everyone. Plus I’m hoping for a larger X next year. So I’ll wait and see. For now my 8 plus is working excellent for me.

iamdld

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Nope. I wanted wireless charging, large screen, great battery life and touch id. 8 plus was the only choice. It was also a bonus that I can still use all of my 7 plus cases.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Nope. I bought a series 3 apple watch and 8 plus at the cost of an iphone x. And as already mentioned, it does everything I need it to do. Wireless charging, better pics, faster, I like touch id (much more convenient), and better screen. Only thing I remotely have buyers remorse about is the oled screen.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Upgraded from 6 plus. I have no desire for the taller and narrower screen that the X brings to the table.

I’m also against change just for the sake of change. It’s okay by me that the 8 series looks similar to th 6 and 7 series. It’s the changes inside that count.

Jude34

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely 0% buyer's remorse. I wanted to stick with the Home button (sadly, it sounds like one more time). I'll see the shiny new X's and be envious, to a certain degree, however, I'm very happy with my choice. The speed, the feel, the storage capacity and the form factor are all iconic and what I love about iPhone. Let's see how wonderful the X is and then maybe I'll up grade next year. MAYBE. If I have to be "stuck" with a model of an iPhone for 2 years I'd much rather it be the 8 Plus than the 7.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
No buyers remorse here. Aside from 3 or 4 well known OS bugs, my phone runs as smooth as butter. No complaints here whatsoever. I feel the same elation with this phone that I did with my first iPhone.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm feeling like I could have kept waiting.

Waiting on upgrading in general or getting an X?

I haven't had any remorse at all coming from a 7 Plus. I was actually about to return my 8 Plus until someone I knew was willing to purchase my 7 Plus outright. So once I didn't have to deal with a sale on the internet I just kept the 8 Plus. I was only going to return it because of said not wanting to deal with selling old device.

I find it less slippery because of the glass back. I like that it's a bit heavier than previous phones. I just find that to be a plus rather than a negative. It has had its quirks here and there but it's mostly related to iOS 11 still not being fully optimized yet.

I can't wait for the filters in portrait mode to be updated out of beta. Real potential there.

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I have this thing inside that nags me until I have the latest and greatest iPhone. I just updated my business line from a 7+ as well when I didn’t really need to. I am always successful selling on Swappa and as long as I can cover what I owe in the end I’m good. I upgraded all three 7+’s on my account by paying them off with Verizon and selling them on Swappa. It covered the payoff and then taxes and the upgrade fee on the new phones with a little left over.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Bought my Gold 8+ on launch day and no regrets at all. I love the device and also going to buy the iPhone X on preorder day.

So far I have been more then happy with the 8+ and feel it’s worth upgrading if you have the financial resources to do so. I also used the Apple leather OEM case off of my older iPhone 7 Plus and works perfectly, saved me 50.00 to boot.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Waiting on upgrading in general or getting an X?

Upgrading in general.

Some of my cronies are trying to egg me on, and get me excited about the X, and I'm excited for about half a day and then calm the heck down.

The 8 Plus is glorious, very justified in it's 8 status.

I just hired on with Cricket Wireless so it was tops pulling it out of the case and showing it to all my fellow associates at training today and seeing the awe on their faces.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I also used the Apple leather OEM case off of my older iPhone 7 Plus and works perfectly, saved me 50.00 to boot.

I have that $100 Otterbox Symmetry with the Swarovski crystals embedded in the back that I received as a gift, and was glad it fit beautifully on my 8 Plus. That's one case I don't want to let go of!

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have that $100 Otterbox Symmetry with the Swarovski crystals embedded in the back that I received as a gift, and was glad it fit beautifully on my 8 Plus. That's one case I don't want to let go of!

Cool, I have always liked the Apple OEM leather case and will order one for my new iPhone X on 10/27/2017.