It's about that time: Buyer's Remorse?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine this weekend after not getting an X. Maybe very slight (1-2% remorse) for not having the "latest and greatest" but I'm really liking this screen size. The camera on the X might be the only thing causing any remorse because it's better than the 8 Plus but coming from a 6s this one is already a lot better. And did I mention this screen? I'll be curious to see how people who had the Plus feel about the X screen when they get it. For me I really wanted something bigger, and this one fits that.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine this weekend after not getting an X. Maybe very slight (1-2% remorse) for not having the "latest and greatest" but I'm really liking this screen size. The camera on the X might be the only thing causing any remorse because it's better than the 8 Plus but coming from a 6s this one is already a lot better. And did I mention this screen? I'll be curious to see how people who had the Plus feel about the X screen when they get it. For me I really wanted something bigger, and this one fits that.

I know that after having the Plus since the footprint launched, I’m looking forward to the smaller footprint on the X. The cases I’ve received are considerably smaller from what I’ve been used to using the last 3 years, in a good way.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I know that after having the Plus since the footprint launched, I’m looking forward to the smaller footprint on the X. The cases I’ve received are considerably smaller from what I’ve been used to using the last 3 years, in a good way.
Well I have the Galaxy S8 + and have been thinking of getting the iPhone again. Like the X but damn expensive. I kinda want to just want to go into the store today and get the 8 Plus. I know I will be waiting a while for it now since I didn't pre-order. Still kinda on the fence

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah there’s probably that. I haven’t had it long enough to be tired of it already. Just wondering if the narrower screen is going to be hard for people. We will find out soon

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
While I still don't have buyers remorse about getting the 8+, I did cave in and preorder the 10. Still a great phone. I guess ill give the 8 plus to my daughter. She'll be happy coming from an se.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

After having the 6s Plus for almost two years, I can't wait to have the smaller X. Like you, I've already got some cases and they are considerably smaller than what I have now. Which I'm VERY excited about.

iamdld

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Nope. I wanted wireless charging, large screen, great battery life and touch id. 8 plus was the only choice. It was also a bonus that I can still use all of my 7 plus cases.

After seeing some of the unboxing videos I am starting to feel a little remorse. If I was in the return window I would probably go for the X. I'm a big guy (6'8") and I keep telling myself that the 8 plus is the better phone for me due to the size of it. Smaller phones disappear in my hands.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Maybe a little bit but I was very aware of what I was getting with the 8 Plus. I was happy with the 7 Plus and certainly could have stuck with it. I have no interest in the iPhone X so I won’t have regrets because of that. The iPhone 8 Plus is the best iPhone out right now. If I miss anything it’s my Note 8, but that’s a whole different story.

You saved me some virtual ink.... That is my EXACT situation! My only decision is whether or not to keep my Note 8 or my Galaxy 8+ as my “other” phone....

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
You saved me some virtual ink.... That is my EXACT situation! My only decision is whether or not to keep my Note 8 or my Galaxy 8+ as my “other” phone....

I had both the S8+ and the Note 8 and ended up picking up the Note 8 a second time at a good price. I still have and use my iPhone 8 Plus, but every time I use the Note 8 it gets a little harder to come back to the iPhone. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the 8 Plus. I still think it's the most underrated phone that released this year. I still have zero interest in the X. I seem to be one of the few that feels that way. I do want to actually get an X in my hands and see if somehow the Apple magic dust can change my mind. It's happened before, but it's a long shot this time. Too many things I just don't think I can get past this time.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Loving my 8 Plus but kind of getting buyers remorse after seeing the X reviews, it's already too late though as I just passed the 30 day return window

I can understand that to a point. I made the choice when I got the 8+ that I wanted it more than the X. I wanted to wait for the XI next year, and let the 1st year bugs work their way out. Plus it's not just a bit more money, it's a lot more if you want the 256GB + Applecare. I was waiting at Jiffy Lube today for my car, texting on my phone at 1:30pm and saw my 8+ was still at 100%. It's now 4pm and I am 94% battery. Wow.. that's super. The 8+ is solid, tried and true. Same camera and amazing screen. Plus I like Touch ID.

That being said I love the latest & greatest. Maybe if they were in-stock-in-store today I would have caved. It's not even about the return for me, I would keep the 8+ and get the X and give my wife the 8+ and sell the iPhone 7. So you made a choice.. It's not remorse, it's more of an iPhone X desire.. as remorse would lead one to believe you made a bad choice with the 8+ and I can assure you, that's not the case. :)

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
The more videos I watch about the X the more comfortable I am about sticking with the 8+. I like larger screens and there is more usable real estate on the 8+ than the X. I had the LG G6 early this year and while it technically had a 5.7 inch screen, because the screen was narrower it felt much smaller than a traditional 5.7 screen. If I had a 4.7 inch iPhone today I'd probably go for the X, but going from 5.5 to a narrow 5.8 would frustrate me.

This of course is a fluid situation, as I'm like a moth to a flame with new tech. Eventually the desire to send talking poops to my friends may overtake my sensibilities......

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
It is funny that this is the first IPhone release that I have not been excited about. I can’t exactly put my finger on it, maybe because I loved my 7+ and now that I have the 8+ I have my phone working perfectly and I don’t need a big change??

Granted, I still have not held an X..

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I had no buyers remorse on my 8 plus after I couldn't' get my preorder in for the X due to some issue I still don't know. Local store had one yesterday so returned the 8 plus and got the X. Size and weight are so much more manageable and while the screen is a hair narrower than the plus it's a hair wider than the non plus. Gestures/navigation are fluid and easy to use within minutes. Face ID is working better than I expected it to!

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
None. Nada.

I love the 8 Plus. Wasn't interested in the X for a multitude of reasons (check out the thread about it for more info).

I've had 6 Plus to 6S Plus to 7 Plus to 8 Plus and I like the familiarity and I like the phone. The fact it now has wireless charging is a big bonus, but the speed is insane, even coming from a 7 Plus.

The 8 Plus is an amazing phone and IMO holds it own against the X or other phones for those of us who like this design and like Touch ID too much to give it up to something that may or may not be as functional or responsive.

I’ve had the same as you with the 6, 6s, & 7, all pluses. Have the X on pre order for beginning of December. Can’t really now decide to wait or cancel. My 7 plus is okay but thinking about the 8 Plus.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site

That’s the problem I have, the screen on the X being a little down in the width. Going this week to see the X in person. Somewhere. Then I’ll decide wether to cancel or keep.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Decided to keep the preorder. Not going to the store. I’m gonna do the unboxing at home and see it first live myself.

I don’t think anyone is returning the X for a plus is there? Maybe might be some. Hope no one has buyers remorse on the X.

kimmh72

May 21, 2015
Visit site
The only reason I have buyers remorse is because I am on my 2nd iPhone 8+ with the 3rd replacement on the way due to screen issues :(. However, given the issue initially commenced within the first 14-day period, Apple are looking into whether they can still refund me or at least replace to a different model handset. So frustrating as its taken away the enjoyment of having the new iPhone :(

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
The only reason I have buyers remorse is because I am on my 2nd iPhone 8+ with the 3rd replacement on the way due to screen issues :(. However, given the issue initially commenced within the first 14-day period, Apple are looking into whether they can still refund me or at least replace to a different model handset. So frustrating as its taken away the enjoyment of having the new iPhone :(

What’s the issue?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2