It's about that time: Buyer's Remorse?

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
I’ll be honest, I’ve had moments. Adjusting from Android to iOS had been a rollercoaster ride. Sometimes i miss Android. That said, I’ve mostly weathered through it and I’m keeping it. Love the camera, software and Apple experience.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Not even close t having buyer’s remorse....

+1 for 0 buyer’s remorse.

While the bigger screen in smaller footprint was a big deal during the new iPhone speculation period leading up to the event, I’ve found that all I really want is the newest internals. I have them w/ the 8 Plus. Ending my work day, in an area where the signal fluctuates between 1 & 2 bars, with sometimes 70+% battery life left where my 7 Plus would be 20% less than that is amazing to me.

Thanks A11 Bionic!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
+1 for 0 buyer’s remorse.

While the bigger screen in smaller footprint was a big deal during the new iPhone speculation period leading up to the event, I’ve found that all I really want is the newest internals. I have them w/ the 8 Plus. Ending my work day, in an area where the signal fluctuates between 1 & 2 bars, with sometimes 70+% battery life left where my 7 Plus would be 20% less than that is amazing to me.

Thanks A11 Bionic!

I hear ya, and I’m finding that even knowing that pre-ordering is days away, I’m not even considering getting the iPhone X. That’s crazy for ‘me’....

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya, and I’m finding that even knowing that pre-ordering is days away, I’m not even considering getting the iPhone X. That’s crazy for ‘me’....

It’s crazy for me too. I always feel the pull to get the latest and greatest iPhone, but for some reason this year, I feel like I already have it. I just feel like the X, while a nice phone, will go through some growing pains that I’d rather not go through. I’ll wait until next year.

shaleem

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I've had my iPhone 8 Plus for almost a week now. I was a die hard Samsung Note guy. However, I am absolutely loving this phone. No buyer's remorse for me. Oh, I'm sure that the thrill of the newness will wear off eventually, but I have not experienced anything that makes me feel any remorse at all. I love that I can sync my Macbook Pro and my fairly new iPad Pro 10.5 and my iPhone 8 Plus. It made sense for me to switch to Apple from Samsung. The only things I miss are Nova Launcher and Textra messaging app (I really loved it), but I'll get over it. LOL!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had my iPhone 8 Plus for almost a week now. I was a die hard Samsung Note guy. However, I am absolutely loving this phone. No buyer's remorse for me. Oh, I'm sure that the thrill of the newness will wear off eventually, but I have not experienced anything that makes me feel any remorse at all. I love that I can sync my Macbook Pro and my fairly new iPad Pro 10.5 and my iPhone 8 Plus. It made sense for me to switch to Apple from Samsung. The only things I miss are Nova Launcher and Textra messaging app (I really loved it), but I'll get over it. LOL!

Now you know why many of us enjoy using our Apple products and services. They’re not perfect, but they’re perfect for many of us. Know what I mean?

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Now you know why many of us enjoy using our Apple products and services. They’re not perfect, but they’re perfect for many of us. Know what I mean?

Shazaam. Though I only use my iPad and 8 Plus in sync with one another. Laptop is still an older HP.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I really want the dark aubergine leather for my phone. It's so pretty!

When I I ordered my silver 8 plus I also got a black leather case to go with it. The Apple OEM leather cases are all I use. When I got there I saw the Dark Aubergine and exchanged the Black for it immediately. It’s a great looking case and, being a huge fan of The Joker, I felt that it suited me well. Very happy with my purchase and it looks as good 3 weeks later as it did the day I bought it.

techgeek88

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
None. Nada.

I love the 8 Plus. Wasn't interested in the X for a multitude of reasons (check out the thread about it for more info).

I've had 6 Plus to 6S Plus to 7 Plus to 8 Plus and I like the familiarity and I like the phone. The fact it now has wireless charging is a big bonus, but the speed is insane, even coming from a 7 Plus.

The 8 Plus is an amazing phone and IMO holds it own against the X or other phones for those of us who like this design and like Touch ID too much to give it up to something that may or may not be as functional or responsive.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I exchanged my Note 8 for an iPhone 8 Plus and I don't regret my decision. Sure, the Note 8 had many hardware features that aren't present on the iPhone 8 Plus, but my experience with the iPhone has been much more enjoyable. I also really love the True Tone display on my phone. It looks gorgeous and makes the viewing experience much more enjoyable.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Funny, last night I felt a twinge of "should I be pre-ordering the X" and it quickly passed and I went to bed. My wife would have kept the 8+ and I would have kept the X and sold our iPhone 7... but last night when I put my phone on the wireless charger before bed and turned on the sleep app and saw the battery was still at 96% at 10:30pm, I was assured my iPhone 8+ will be sticking around a while.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Funny, last night I felt a twinge of "should I be pre-ordering the X" and it quickly passed and I went to bed. My wife would have kept the 8+ and I would have kept the X and sold our iPhone 7... but last night when I put my phone on the wireless charger before bed and turned on the sleep app and saw the battery was still at 96% at 10:30pm, I was assured my iPhone 8+ will be sticking around a while.

Same! But it didn't stop my brain from waking me up at a god awful hour this morning. I'm good not having the X. My 8 Plus is awesome, wicked fast and the battery lasts forever.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Same! But it didn't stop my brain from waking me up at a god awful hour this morning. I'm good not having the X. My 8 Plus is awesome, wicked fast and the battery lasts forever.

Here is my honest answer.. Sometime next year I will go look at the X when it's in store. We're moving again (that's our 5th move in 3-years) this time up to Mt. Vernon WA. I am not sure where the closest AT&T or Apple store will be, maybe about 1 hour south in Lynwood WA? Not sure.. but if I like i will just buy one from the Apple store, and give my wife my 8+ (she was happy with her 6, but she now has my 7) and we will sell the 7.. but for now I am not excited about the X for all the reasons I mentioned here at iMore in other posts, the notch, the OLED low NIPS, the Facial Rec, etc.. and the 8+ is one screaming phone. So maybe it will grab me. But I sincerely hope I can wait it out until the iPhone XI and deal with it around Sept 2018.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I did the same thing last Friday. No regrets from me either. I find the iPhone 8 Plus to be a more enjoyable experience.

I'm still getting my feet wet in iOS. I had the 6S+ for about a month during the Note 7 debacle and I liked it, but ended up going for the V20 and G6, then back to Samsung with the S8+ then Note 8. T-Mobile JoD is a bad habit lol!

So far I'm really liking iOS, especially how my work apps work much better on this than Android. The camera is excellent and I can't wait to take it out hiking this weekend to see how it compares to my favorite Android camera (LG).

Chuck_loads

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Just finished up about 10 min ago restoring my new 8 plus black 64gb. Had a matte 7 plus it broke tried a note 8 for a week. I really liked it an Samsung has come a very long way in recent years but just didn’t do it for me. Love the wireless charging is great on the 8 I can tell a difference in speed from the 7 plus or least I tell my self that. But have no remorse getting the 8 instead of saving a few bucks on the 7.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner