Loving my 8 Plus but kind of getting buyers remorse after seeing the X reviews, it's already too late though as I just passed the 30 day return window
    11-03-2017 12:04 PM
    Loving my 8 Plus but kind of getting buyers remorse after seeing the X reviews, it's already too late though as I just passed the 30 day return window

I can understand that to a point. I made the choice when I got the 8+ that I wanted it more than the X. I wanted to wait for the XI next year, and let the 1st year bugs work their way out. Plus it's not just a bit more money, it's a lot more if you want the 256GB + Applecare. I was waiting at Jiffy Lube today for my car, texting on my phone at 1:30pm and saw my 8+ was still at 100%. It's now 4pm and I am 94% battery. Wow.. that's super. The 8+ is solid, tried and true. Same camera and amazing screen. Plus I like Touch ID.

That being said I love the latest & greatest. Maybe if they were in-stock-in-store today I would have caved. It's not even about the return for me, I would keep the 8+ and get the X and give my wife the 8+ and sell the iPhone 7. So you made a choice.. It's not remorse, it's more of an iPhone X desire.. as remorse would lead one to believe you made a bad choice with the 8+ and I can assure you, that's not the case. :-)
    cwbcpa likes this.
    11-03-2017 06:09 PM
    The more videos I watch about the X the more comfortable I am about sticking with the 8+. I like larger screens and there is more usable real estate on the 8+ than the X. I had the LG G6 early this year and while it technically had a 5.7 inch screen, because the screen was narrower it felt much smaller than a traditional 5.7 screen. If I had a 4.7 inch iPhone today I'd probably go for the X, but going from 5.5 to a narrow 5.8 would frustrate me.

This of course is a fluid situation, as I'm like a moth to a flame with new tech. Eventually the desire to send talking poops to my friends may overtake my sensibilities......
    11-04-2017 10:12 AM
    It is funny that this is the first IPhone release that I have not been excited about. I can’t exactly put my finger on it, maybe because I loved my 7+ and now that I have the 8+ I have my phone working perfectly and I don’t need a big change??

Granted, I still have not held an X..
    11-05-2017 05:46 AM
    I had no buyers remorse on my 8 plus after I couldn't' get my preorder in for the X due to some issue I still don't know. Local store had one yesterday so returned the 8 plus and got the X. Size and weight are so much more manageable and while the screen is a hair narrower than the plus it's a hair wider than the non plus. Gestures/navigation are fluid and easy to use within minutes. Face ID is working better than I expected it to!
    11-05-2017 05:56 AM
    None. Nada.

I love the 8 Plus. Wasn't interested in the X for a multitude of reasons (check out the thread about it for more info).

I've had 6 Plus to 6S Plus to 7 Plus to 8 Plus and I like the familiarity and I like the phone. The fact it now has wireless charging is a big bonus, but the speed is insane, even coming from a 7 Plus.

The 8 Plus is an amazing phone and IMO holds it own against the X or other phones for those of us who like this design and like Touch ID too much to give it up to something that may or may not be as functional or responsive.
    I’ve had the same as you with the 6, 6s, & 7, all pluses. Have the X on pre order for beginning of December. Can’t really now decide to wait or cancel. My 7 plus is okay but thinking about the 8 Plus.
    11-05-2017 06:57 AM
    Just got mine this weekend after not getting an X. Maybe very slight (1-2% remorse) for not having the "latest and greatest" but I'm really liking this screen size. The camera on the X might be the only thing causing any remorse because it's better than the 8 Plus but coming from a 6s this one is already a lot better. And did I mention this screen? I'll be curious to see how people who had the Plus feel about the X screen when they get it. For me I really wanted something bigger, and this one fits that.
    That’s the problem I have, the screen on the X being a little down in the width. Going this week to see the X in person. Somewhere. Then I’ll decide wether to cancel or keep.
    11-05-2017 07:00 AM
    That’s the problem I have, the screen on the X being a little down in the width. Going this week to see the X in person. Somewhere. Then I’ll decide wether to cancel or keep.
    Already swapped the 8 Plus for an X when the local Apple Store got them in
    MasterDarque likes this.
    11-05-2017 07:54 AM
    Decided to keep the preorder. Not going to the store. I’m gonna do the unboxing at home and see it first live myself.

I don’t think anyone is returning the X for a plus is there? Maybe might be some. Hope no one has buyers remorse on the X.
    11-05-2017 06:01 PM
    The only reason I have buyers remorse is because I am on my 2nd iPhone 8+ with the 3rd replacement on the way due to screen issues . However, given the issue initially commenced within the first 14-day period, Apple are looking into whether they can still refund me or at least replace to a different model handset. So frustrating as its taken away the enjoyment of having the new iPhone
    11-07-2017 02:17 AM
    The only reason I have buyers remorse is because I am on my 2nd iPhone 8+ with the 3rd replacement on the way due to screen issues . However, given the issue initially commenced within the first 14-day period, Apple are looking into whether they can still refund me or at least replace to a different model handset. So frustrating as its taken away the enjoyment of having the new iPhone
    What’s the issue?
    fejth likes this.
    11-07-2017 04:49 AM
    What’s the issue?
    Screen continues to dim with auto brightness, night shift, true tone and reduce white point turned off. Have spent hours on the phone with Apple Snr Techs and after doing sysdiagnostics on both phones it has been assessed as "not normal iPhone behaviour" and a fault as opposed to a feature. Based on this issue with two handsets already they are reviewing my options in relation to refund/replace to different model give I am outside 14 day replacement yet issues started from day one and they have case history of this. Looks like either iPhone x or Samsung for me.
    11-07-2017 04:54 AM
    That is weird. Thanks for the heads up.
    kimmh72 likes this.
    11-07-2017 05:04 AM
    Screen continues to dim with auto brightness, night shift, true tone and reduce white point turned off. Have spent hours on the phone with Apple Snr Techs and after doing sysdiagnostics on both phones it has been assessed as "not normal iPhone behaviour" and a fault as opposed to a feature. Based on this issue with two handsets already they are reviewing my options in relation to refund/replace to different model give I am outside 14 day replacement yet issues started from day one and they have case history of this. Looks like either iPhone x or Samsung for me.
    what were you doing when the screen dimmed? what was the situation?

the screen will dim when the phone gets hot, i.e. mounted to the dashboard handling navigation while streaming music via bluetooth
    11-07-2017 07:20 PM
    No remorse here, but I do think that Apple has made iPhone 8 Buyers feel like they're forgotten in terms of already being left out with wallpapers. Especially when everyone got the iPhone 8/X exclusive wallpapers in iOS 11.1. If they do decide to share those amazing live wallpapers from the X, I'd be happy as can be with my "cheaper" new iPhone.
    11-07-2017 11:37 PM
    I finally got around to a local ATT store and checked out the X. I was shocked how small it felt compared to the plus versions. I've been using plus since the 6 and now with the 7Plus. I've been debating back and forth on the ten and I wasnt blown away by it. It felt small in my hands. I know I'll get an X eventually but I walked out today trading my 7Plus in for a space Grey 8plus and I'm not kicking myself for it.
    cwbcpa and Jude526 like this.
    11-08-2017 12:41 AM
    I finally got around to a local ATT store and checked out the X. I was shocked how small it felt compared to the plus versions. I've been using plus since the 6 and now with the 7Plus. I've been debating back and forth on the ten and I wasnt blown away by it. It felt small in my hands. I know I'll get an X eventually but I walked out today trading my 7Plus in for a space Grey 8plus and I'm not kicking myself for it.
    The 8 Plus is a really nice phone. Had one for a week before getting the X. Wanted "the latest" and to learn more about where Apple was going. There's a part of me that misses that 8 Plus though!
    blemoon42 likes this.
    11-08-2017 04:32 AM
    While I am softening my stance on the "notch" and the X in general, I still think the 8 Plus was the right choice this year. It will be interesting to see what next years line up looks like. For now, I intend on passing on the X and sticking with the 8 Plus.
    ajb1965, vpblaze and Jude526 like this.
    11-08-2017 10:48 AM
    what were you doing when the screen dimmed? what was the situation?

the screen will dim when the phone gets hot, i.e. mounted to the dashboard handling navigation while streaming music via bluetooth
    This dimming screen doesn’t discriminate. I can be at 100% battery at start of the day or low % at end of the day. I can be in any light conditions or I can be using any app. It can happen at any time or place while doing any task on the phone.
    11-13-2017 03:01 AM
    I was at VERIZON to see if there was a cool case I could surprise my bestie with for her Samsung S8+. I didn’t see one that I liked. I played with the X and I just am not interested. I will definitely get the 8+ from the 7+. I like a big phone and I want 256 gig. I wish Apple utilized SD Cards. But getting used to it.
    11-18-2017 12:24 AM
    Not an ounce of remorse!
    11-19-2017 07:30 AM
    I was at VERIZON to see if there was a cool case I could surprise my bestie with for her Samsung S8+. I didn’t see one that I liked. I played with the X and I just am not interested. I will definitely get the 8+ from the 7+. I like a big phone and I want 256 gig. I wish Apple utilized SD Cards. But getting used to it.
    I completely agree. I went with the 8 Plus prior to the X releasing. I have been to the store to check out the X a few times and I’m just not interested. The screen is nice but not as nice as the Note 8 IMO. I just couldn’t justify the extra cost.
    11-19-2017 12:00 PM
    No remorse here so happy I stayed with the 8 plus. Was at Bestbuy playing with it again yesterday, I don't know what it is about it, it just doesn't feel solid as the 8 to me.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    11-19-2017 12:30 PM
    I completely agree. I went with the 8 Plus prior to the X releasing. I have been to the store to check out the X a few times and I’m just not interested. The screen is nice but not as nice as the Note 8 IMO. I just couldn’t justify the extra cost.
    I did check out the Note 8 too. I miss the Spen but other than that I am absolutely happy with iPhone
    11-19-2017 02:18 PM
    I did check out the Note 8 too. I miss the Spen but other than that I am absolutely happy with iPhone
    I hear you. I really like the Note 8 and love a lot of things about it, but I have found myself deeper and deeper into the Apple ecosystem and for the most part I can’t complain. iOS 11 on the 8 Plus is not as smooth as Samsung’s take on Android on the Note 8, but it’s not as bad as it was prior to the iOS 11 updates. I’m not sold on the iPhone X, but I will wait and see what next year brings.
    11-19-2017 04:09 PM
79 1234