I've had my iPhone 8 Plus for almost a week now. I was a die hard Samsung Note guy. However, I am absolutely loving this phone. No buyer's remorse for me. Oh, I'm sure that the thrill of the newness will wear off eventually, but I have not experienced anything that makes me feel any remorse at all. I love that I can sync my Macbook Pro and my fairly new iPad Pro 10.5 and my iPhone 8 Plus. It made sense for me to switch to Apple from Samsung. The only things I miss are Nova Launcher and Textra messaging app (I really loved it), but I'll get over it. LOL!
    Just_Me_D and mdoades71 like this.
    10-18-2017 04:34 PM
    I've had my iPhone 8 Plus for almost a week now. I was a die hard Samsung Note guy. However, I am absolutely loving this phone. No buyer's remorse for me. Oh, I'm sure that the thrill of the newness will wear off eventually, but I have not experienced anything that makes me feel any remorse at all. I love that I can sync my Macbook Pro and my fairly new iPad Pro 10.5 and my iPhone 8 Plus. It made sense for me to switch to Apple from Samsung. The only things I miss are Nova Launcher and Textra messaging app (I really loved it), but I'll get over it. LOL!
    Now you know why many of us enjoy using our Apple products and services. They’re not perfect, but they’re perfect for many of us. Know what I mean?
    MizWylie and fridayxiii like this.
    10-18-2017 04:47 PM
    Now you know why many of us enjoy using our Apple products and services. They’re not perfect, but they’re perfect for many of us. Know what I mean?
    Shazaam. Though I only use my iPad and 8 Plus in sync with one another. Laptop is still an older HP.
    Just_Me_D and mumfoau like this.
    10-18-2017 06:01 PM
    I really want the dark aubergine leather for my phone. It's so pretty!
    When I I ordered my silver 8 plus I also got a black leather case to go with it. The Apple OEM leather cases are all I use. When I got there I saw the Dark Aubergine and exchanged the Black for it immediately. It’s a great looking case and, being a huge fan of The Joker, I felt that it suited me well. Very happy with my purchase and it looks as good 3 weeks later as it did the day I bought it.
    MasterDarque and mumfoau like this.
    10-22-2017 02:47 PM
    None. Nada.

I love the 8 Plus. Wasn't interested in the X for a multitude of reasons (check out the thread about it for more info).

I've had 6 Plus to 6S Plus to 7 Plus to 8 Plus and I like the familiarity and I like the phone. The fact it now has wireless charging is a big bonus, but the speed is insane, even coming from a 7 Plus.

The 8 Plus is an amazing phone and IMO holds it own against the X or other phones for those of us who like this design and like Touch ID too much to give it up to something that may or may not be as functional or responsive.
    10-22-2017 06:25 PM
    I exchanged my Note 8 for an iPhone 8 Plus and I don't regret my decision. Sure, the Note 8 had many hardware features that aren't present on the iPhone 8 Plus, but my experience with the iPhone has been much more enjoyable. I also really love the True Tone display on my phone. It looks gorgeous and makes the viewing experience much more enjoyable.
    10-22-2017 07:15 PM
    I have an iPhone 6S and i'm holding out for now
    10-22-2017 07:30 PM
    No buyers remorse here. Love my iPhone 8 plus
    10-24-2017 07:42 PM
    Just traded a Note 8 in for the 8plus. No remorse here either
    10-27-2017 12:42 PM
    Funny, last night I felt a twinge of "should I be pre-ordering the X" and it quickly passed and I went to bed. My wife would have kept the 8+ and I would have kept the X and sold our iPhone 7... but last night when I put my phone on the wireless charger before bed and turned on the sleep app and saw the battery was still at 96% at 10:30pm, I was assured my iPhone 8+ will be sticking around a while.
    10-27-2017 01:03 PM
    Funny, last night I felt a twinge of "should I be pre-ordering the X" and it quickly passed and I went to bed. My wife would have kept the 8+ and I would have kept the X and sold our iPhone 7... but last night when I put my phone on the wireless charger before bed and turned on the sleep app and saw the battery was still at 96% at 10:30pm, I was assured my iPhone 8+ will be sticking around a while.
    Same! But it didn't stop my brain from waking me up at a god awful hour this morning. I'm good not having the X. My 8 Plus is awesome, wicked fast and the battery lasts forever.
    mumfoau likes this.
    10-27-2017 01:24 PM
    Same! But it didn't stop my brain from waking me up at a god awful hour this morning. I'm good not having the X. My 8 Plus is awesome, wicked fast and the battery lasts forever.
    Here is my honest answer.. Sometime next year I will go look at the X when it's in store. We're moving again (that's our 5th move in 3-years) this time up to Mt. Vernon WA. I am not sure where the closest AT&T or Apple store will be, maybe about 1 hour south in Lynwood WA? Not sure.. but if I like i will just buy one from the Apple store, and give my wife my 8+ (she was happy with her 6, but she now has my 7) and we will sell the 7.. but for now I am not excited about the X for all the reasons I mentioned here at iMore in other posts, the notch, the OLED low NIPS, the Facial Rec, etc.. and the 8+ is one screaming phone. So maybe it will grab me. But I sincerely hope I can wait it out until the iPhone XI and deal with it around Sept 2018.
    mumfoau likes this.
    10-27-2017 02:27 PM
    Just traded a Note 8 in for the 8plus. No remorse here either
    I did the same thing last Friday. No regrets from me either. I find the iPhone 8 Plus to be a more enjoyable experience.
    10-27-2017 10:44 PM
    I did the same thing last Friday. No regrets from me either. I find the iPhone 8 Plus to be a more enjoyable experience.
    I'm still getting my feet wet in iOS. I had the 6S+ for about a month during the Note 7 debacle and I liked it, but ended up going for the V20 and G6, then back to Samsung with the S8+ then Note 8. T-Mobile JoD is a bad habit lol!

So far I'm really liking iOS, especially how my work apps work much better on this than Android. The camera is excellent and I can't wait to take it out hiking this weekend to see how it compares to my favorite Android camera (LG).
    Retinella likes this.
    10-27-2017 10:56 PM
    Just finished up about 10 min ago restoring my new 8 plus black 64gb. Had a matte 7 plus it broke tried a note 8 for a week. I really liked it an Samsung has come a very long way in recent years but just didn’t do it for me. Love the wireless charging is great on the 8 I can tell a difference in speed from the 7 plus or least I tell my self that. But have no remorse getting the 8 instead of saving a few bucks on the 7.
    ajb1965 and vpblaze like this.
    10-29-2017 08:29 PM
    Perfectly happy with my 8 Plus zero remorse on my end.
    mumfoau likes this.
    10-30-2017 01:20 AM
    Just got mine this weekend after not getting an X. Maybe very slight (1-2% remorse) for not having the "latest and greatest" but I'm really liking this screen size. The camera on the X might be the only thing causing any remorse because it's better than the 8 Plus but coming from a 6s this one is already a lot better. And did I mention this screen? I'll be curious to see how people who had the Plus feel about the X screen when they get it. For me I really wanted something bigger, and this one fits that.
    ajb1965 likes this.
    10-30-2017 05:49 AM
    Just got mine this weekend after not getting an X. Maybe very slight (1-2% remorse) for not having the "latest and greatest" but I'm really liking this screen size. The camera on the X might be the only thing causing any remorse because it's better than the 8 Plus but coming from a 6s this one is already a lot better. And did I mention this screen? I'll be curious to see how people who had the Plus feel about the X screen when they get it. For me I really wanted something bigger, and this one fits that.
    I know that after having the Plus since the footprint launched, I’m looking forward to the smaller footprint on the X. The cases I’ve received are considerably smaller from what I’ve been used to using the last 3 years, in a good way.
    zenjen likes this.
    10-30-2017 06:35 AM
    I know that after having the Plus since the footprint launched, I’m looking forward to the smaller footprint on the X. The cases I’ve received are considerably smaller from what I’ve been used to using the last 3 years, in a good way.
    Well I have the Galaxy S8 + and have been thinking of getting the iPhone again. Like the X but damn expensive. I kinda want to just want to go into the store today and get the 8 Plus. I know I will be waiting a while for it now since I didn't pre-order. Still kinda on the fence
    reeneebob likes this.
    10-30-2017 06:53 AM
    Yeah there’s probably that. I haven’t had it long enough to be tired of it already. Just wondering if the narrower screen is going to be hard for people. We will find out soon
    reeneebob likes this.
    10-30-2017 08:11 AM
    While I still don't have buyers remorse about getting the 8+, I did cave in and preorder the 10. Still a great phone. I guess ill give the 8 plus to my daughter. She'll be happy coming from an se.
    zenjen likes this.
    10-30-2017 10:41 AM
    After having the 6s Plus for almost two years, I can't wait to have the smaller X. Like you, I've already got some cases and they are considerably smaller than what I have now. Which I'm VERY excited about.
    10-30-2017 04:18 PM
    Nope. I wanted wireless charging, large screen, great battery life and touch id. 8 plus was the only choice. It was also a bonus that I can still use all of my 7 plus cases.
    After seeing some of the unboxing videos I am starting to feel a little remorse. If I was in the return window I would probably go for the X. I'm a big guy (6'8") and I keep telling myself that the 8 plus is the better phone for me due to the size of it. Smaller phones disappear in my hands.
    robertk328 likes this.
    11-01-2017 11:30 AM
    Maybe a little bit but I was very aware of what I was getting with the 8 Plus. I was happy with the 7 Plus and certainly could have stuck with it. I have no interest in the iPhone X so I won’t have regrets because of that. The iPhone 8 Plus is the best iPhone out right now. If I miss anything it’s my Note 8, but that’s a whole different story.
    You saved me some virtual ink.... That is my EXACT situation! My only decision is whether or not to keep my Note 8 or my Galaxy 8+ as my “other” phone....
    cwbcpa likes this.
    11-03-2017 07:21 AM
    You saved me some virtual ink.... That is my EXACT situation! My only decision is whether or not to keep my Note 8 or my Galaxy 8+ as my “other” phone....
    I had both the S8+ and the Note 8 and ended up picking up the Note 8 a second time at a good price. I still have and use my iPhone 8 Plus, but every time I use the Note 8 it gets a little harder to come back to the iPhone. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the 8 Plus. I still think it's the most underrated phone that released this year. I still have zero interest in the X. I seem to be one of the few that feels that way. I do want to actually get an X in my hands and see if somehow the Apple magic dust can change my mind. It's happened before, but it's a long shot this time. Too many things I just don't think I can get past this time.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    11-03-2017 10:08 AM
79 1234