Android Hyporocisy?!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
https://youtu.be/6hlSdu9Fhlo

So I’ve seen a few of this guys videos and he’s a fairly new channel but man he’s a complete Apple hater like on a level of 10.

I think it’s funny that he’s comparing these battery issues of the iPhone 8 to that of the Note 7 mentioning 10 so called cases of the iPhone 8’s battery exploding and overblowing the issue compared to Samsung which saw many more reports of Note 7’s exploding.

I don’t think Apple is perfect by any means but stuff like this kind of grinds my gears because it seems like anything that happens to Samsung or and Android OEM for that matter is brushed under the rug but with Apple it’s blown way out of proportion.

So are Android users blind to the shortcomings and more forgiving of the “atrocities” committed by their OEMs as compared to Apple?

Disclaimer: I’m not lumping all Android users into this label but man this guy is really annoying haha.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think regardless of whether this guy is a hater or not, an Apple phone exploding is an Apple phone exploding. It depends on how many and that's for the official reports to confirm.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I think regardless of whether this guy is a hater or not, an Apple phone exploding is an Apple phone exploding. It depends on how many and that's for the official reports to confirm.

I just think it’s ridiculous that he’s already comparing it to the Note 7.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
To THAT guy: DON'T TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE

Good grief. There was so much going on in that video that I needed a drink too.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Yeah but there’s a big difference between the battery expanding and the phone breaking apart as it should (i.e. iPhone 8) and a battery literally exploding and creating fire (i.e. Note 7). Lithium batteries are an unstable technology. Expanding battery issues are going to happen when millions of units are out in the wild. What Samsung did, on the other hand, was gross negligence and outright criminal.

The guy who made that video is clearly just trying to stir the pot.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious, what atrocities are we use too ? The Note 7 fiasco ? Which was over blown like this iPhone 8 battery mess.

Overblown? There were enough confirmed cases for the Federal Aviation Administration, Department of Transportation, and Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, to literally ban the device from air travel of any kind.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Overblown? There were enough confirmed cases for the Federal Aviation Administration, Department of Transportation, and Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, to literally ban the device from air travel of any kind.
Yes, overblown. A couple started smoking on a plane. Then came the memes & etc. IPhone's & Androids malfunction all the damn time. So again, all this stuff gets pushed out of proportion. Just like the bend gate & antenna gate stuff.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Did any of those iPhone 8 with expanding battery issues happen in the US, or were they all in China, Japan and other Asian countries? 10 isn't very many, regardless of where they happened.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, overblown. A couple started smoking on a plane. Then came the memes & etc. IPhone's & Androids malfunction all the damn time. So again, all this stuff gets pushed out of proportion. Just like the bend gate & antenna gate stuff.

“Smoking”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...te-7-fire-replacement-plane-battery-southwest

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...sung-galaxy-note-7-smartphones-on-planes/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/92066322/

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I think I’ll trust the findings of multiple Federal agencies over Android fans on the internet. You know how many man hours and how much paperwork goes in to implementing a nationwide regulation or guidance like the Note 7 no-fly ban? It isn’t something to be taken lightly.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I think I’ll trust the findings of multiple Federal agencies over Android fans on the internet. You know how many man hours and how much paperwork goes in to implementing a nationwide regulation or guidance like the Note 7 no-fly ban? It isn’t something to be taken lightly.

Well said!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
https://youtu.be/6hlSdu9Fhlo

So I’ve seen a few of this guys videos and he’s a fairly new channel but man he’s a complete Apple hater like on a level of 10.

I think it’s funny that he’s comparing these battery issues of the iPhone 8 to that of the Note 7 mentioning 10 so called cases of the iPhone 8’s battery exploding and overblowing the issue compared to Samsung which saw many more reports of Note 7’s exploding.

I don’t think Apple is perfect by any means but stuff like this kind of grinds my gears because it seems like anything that happens to Samsung or and Android OEM for that matter is brushed under the rug but with Apple it’s blown way out of proportion.

So are Android users blind to the shortcomings and more forgiving of the “atrocities” committed by their OEMs as compared to Apple?

Disclaimer: I’m not lumping all Android users into this label but man this guy is really annoying haha.

You get that on both sides of the fence and like others have said, an exploding phone is an exploding phone. Samsung caught a ton of heat for this last year, so expect apple to face similar heat (no pun intended)

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
You get that on both sides of the fence and like others have said, an exploding phone is an exploding phone. Samsung caught a ton of heat for this last year, so expect apple to face similar heat (no pun intended)

The difference is Samsung had over 75 cases whereas Apple only has had 10 according to the ***** in the video. So right now it’s not even close.

anon(10092459)

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
The difference is Samsung had over 75 cases whereas Apple only has had 10 according to the ***** in the video. So right now it’s not even close.

I'm assuming you mean 'Hypocrisy'..? Not trying to be flip at all, it's an international community here and sometimes communication can get broken.

I mean, when the Note 7 fiasco happened, plenty of people in the Apple community had plenty to say... Why would it be different coming from the other side of the isle..?

If Apple had 76 cases would that make the situation more reasonable or something?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2