I carry mine naked and thus far its been scratch free. Just curious, those of you who are putting the phone in a case are you seeing many scratches on the back glass? Every now and then I want to put a case on it, but was curious to how bad it might scratch with a case on it.
    10-13-2017 06:01 PM
    I just got mine Tuesday but I use the  leather cases for the felt inside just to try to mitigate scratches.
    10-13-2017 06:15 PM
    I don’t have an iPhone 8 Plus, but the exterior of my iPhone 8 still looks brand new.
    mumfoau likes this.
    10-13-2017 06:50 PM
    As long as you don’t drag it over the table, I think it’ll be just fine.
    10-13-2017 07:15 PM
    I carry mine naked and thus far its been scratch free. Just curious, those of you who are putting the phone in a case are you seeing many scratches on the back glass? Every now and then I want to put a case on it, but was curious to how bad it might scratch with a case on it.
    Try one of those plastic screen protectors which come for the back of the iPhone. They avoid excess addition of thickness, and provide good protection against scratches. I use it for my 7 (I know it’s pretty much useless on aluminum, but just to keep it extraaa safe).
    10-15-2017 02:07 PM
    100% scratch free... I use a case to protect my phone.
    DEman19901 and briareos4 like this.
    10-15-2017 02:54 PM
    Have my 8 Plus since launch and no scratches. In a Speck case though.
    10-15-2017 06:09 PM
    Have my 8 Plus since launch and no scratches. In a Speck case though.
    That's cheating
    firedept10 likes this.
    10-16-2017 12:36 AM
    That's cheating
    Okay you got me! Lol!
    10-16-2017 02:38 PM
    No scratches here. Been using it without a case since launch. I put it under light right now but can't really see anything. It does help that I have the cream colored back version. I think if I had the space gray back I would probably see more scratches under light.
    10-17-2017 02:18 PM
    Definitely have some light scratching on the back of my ip8. Been in cases but gunk still gets behind the case and scratches my phone.
    10-17-2017 09:03 PM
    No scratches here. Been using it without a case since launch. I put it under light right now but can't really see anything. It does help that I have the cream colored back version. I think if I had the space gray back I would probably see more scratches under light.
    Really? I saw more scratches with the gold/cream than I do on my silver. I also let my gold slip into a sink so...

Definitely feels like a solid phone though. Don't feel like I have to wear kid gloves using it, but I definitely respect it more after my first 8 Plus go.
    10-17-2017 10:02 PM
    Really? I saw more scratches with the gold/cream than I do on my silver. I also let my gold slip into a sink so...

Definitely feels like a solid phone though. Don't feel like I have to wear kid gloves using it, but I definitely respect it more after my first 8 Plus go.
    The way I am with my devices, I’m sure in another month or so I’ll start seeing some scratches. I’m surprised I’m not seeing any as of now.
    10-18-2017 01:59 AM
    The way I am with my devices, I’m sure in another month or so I’ll start seeing some scratches. I’m surprised I’m not seeing any as of now.
    Scratches on the body of the phone? Or on the screen?
    10-18-2017 02:18 AM
    Mine still looks brand spanking new...
    10-18-2017 08:20 AM
    I have the space grey and the back of my phone is scratch free. I use a case when out and about but go naked at home and the office (phone, not me).

I have not used a screen protector in years. Just don’t like them. I have not had any noticeable scratches on a phone in years. I already have a couple on this 8 Plus screen though. I baby all of my phones so it’s very frustrating. No idea how those scratches got there. Fortunately, they can’t be seen when the screen is on, but they definitely can when it’s off. When or if I ever sell the phone I will go spend the cash on a screen replacement. Glad I got AppleCare this time around.
    soulenigma likes this.
    10-18-2017 08:46 AM
    Scratches on the body of the phone? Or on the screen?
    On the back.
    10-18-2017 10:44 AM
    Usually case free when home or at work but definitely have a bumper on when at the gym.
    10-18-2017 07:15 PM
    I will never carry my phone naked because I’m always worried about scratching the glass.
    10-19-2017 10:05 AM
    Case and screen protector. Want to protect my investment. Love this phone
    blemoon42 likes this.
    12-11-2017 12:11 PM
    Case free like my Note 8. Both glass backs are scratch free. Both of them have fell down once and came out unblemished. No screen protector either.

The only time I use a case is in my car when I have to attach it to the phone holder
    12-11-2017 12:38 PM
    I just bought a new iPhone 8 plus. Haven't purchased Applecare yet. I was wondering what are some really good cases to protect my phone because both sides have glass and I wouldn't want my phone to have any damages since they cost quite a lot unless I end up getting apple care. I know about the defender series by Otterbox and also life proof cases, however, I am looking for solid protection without it being so bulky. Something that might be a little lower in protection than defender series but the lot less bulky. Please help. Would really appreciate it!
    12-12-2017 02:44 AM
    I have a case on my phone. Too slippery for me to use without one. I used to have a screen protector on my phone but the uneven design of it had my ocd going insane so I ended up taking it off lol
    12-12-2017 03:20 AM
    I just bought a new iPhone 8 plus. Haven't purchased Applecare yet. I was wondering what are some really good cases to protect my phone because both sides have glass and I wouldn't want my phone to have any damages since they cost quite a lot unless I end up getting apple care. I know about the defender series by Otterbox and also life proof cases, however, I am looking for solid protection without it being so bulky. Something that might be a little lower in protection than defender series but the lot less bulky. Please help. Would really appreciate it!
    Take a look at the Otterbox - Symmetry Line/Series.
    12-12-2017 12:12 PM
    For those choosing to go naked or using a bumper case, have you considered the 3M Films, tempered Glass rear screen protectors? I know they are out there for the X, and I am considering a tempered glass one with a bumper case.
    12-29-2017 09:46 AM
34 12