My iPad Mini charger fast charges my iPhone 8 Plus!

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
I didn't believe it at first, but it's true. Using my 4th gen iPad mini charger, I was able to charge my phone for 23 percent to 96 percent in 75 mins.

Has anyone else tried this?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I’ve used the iPad charger at least since the 6 Plus. I’m not convinced that the 8 Plus actually has real fast charging. It seems like it just charges faster with the bigger charger just like the iPhone 7 Plus, 6s Plus and 6 Plus did before it.

Edit: Not complaining. I get plenty of battery life from my iPhones. Charging has never been a worry like it is with my android phones.

Redx

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
Would the fast charge charger for an android work to fast charge 8 plus? Getting 8 plus in about a month or two and have fast charge from LG V10

WebOS-Refugee

Oct 7, 2017
Visit site
Would the fast charge charger for an android work to fast charge 8 plus? Getting 8 plus in about a month or two and have fast charge from LG V10

Is it a USB-C charger? If so, then I think the answer is yes, but you'll want to purchase the USB-C to lightning cord directly from Apple. As I understand it, quality cords really matter for fast charging via USB-C.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I have a Belkin charger that similar in power to the iPad charger and it charges my iPhone 8 Plus faster just like it did with my 7 Plus.

That being said, I think it depends on the tech and what android charger you are using. For example Motorola has that quickcharge 2.0. I believe that is different than say Samsung’s fast charging.

In my experience with the iPhone, you just need a charger that puts out more power like the iPad charger. I’m still not convinced that Apple is really doing anything different with the 8/8 Plus since the 7 Plus also charges faster with the bigger charger.

As was mentioned, use a quality cable. Those cheap gas station cable or the cheap cables on amazon can be the bottleneck to prevent you from getting the best charge.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I noticed it too on my 7 plus...charges alot faster than the smaller charger that came with the phone. I noticed the back of my phone tends to get warm though when I use the bigger charger.

zenjen

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
This is the reason I don’t understand all the hubbub about wireless ‘slow’ charging. I had Note 5 and Samsung wireless fast charging. Yes, it was convenient to not have to pick up cable and plug it in the phone. But being able to use 12w brick and charge really fast is more convenient for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2