Talk me into the 8 Plus

travis_paul

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
I have been an android user for the past few years, my last iPhone was the 4S. I recently purchased the 8 plus for the camera functionality and was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to use. I love the size of the screen, the phone is blazing fast, and the pictures it takes...the best work I have done from a phone camera! I would recommend the 8/8+ to anyone. The X looks nice but I feel the OLED is new for apple and so is the faceID, Touch ID works every time and to me makes more sense for Apple Pay. I’d grab the 8/8+ and skip the X. Maybe after a couple generations faceID and OLED with no bezels will be more compelling a case to buy a phone, but for now the 8+ is the iPhone to buy.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My wife and I both have the 7 Plus and have no plans to upgrade for a couple of reasons. First, the 8 is not compatible with T-mobile's 600 MHz band that's rolling out. That's a big deal to me because signal inside a building is horrible. Neither of us need wireless charging and although I am a photographer and would love all the new camera features of the 8, I'd rather get a new 400-600 mm lens for one of my Canon cameras.

HBLEY

Banned
Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
My wife and I both have the 7 Plus and have no plans to upgrade for a couple of reasons. First, the 8 is not compatible with T-mobile's 600 MHz band that's rolling out. That's a big deal to me because signal inside a building is horrible. Neither of us need wireless charging and although I am a photographer and would love all the new camera features of the 8, I'd rather get a new 400-600 mm lens for one of my Canon cameras.

Yeah that'd be a nice investment.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I just exchanged my unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 8 for an iPhone 8 Plus. I had an iPhone 7 Plus last year after the Note 7 fiasco, so when I got my iPhone 8 Plus, it felt like I was saying "hi" to an old friend again.

Maybe that'll help you decide?

ianeb

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I just exchanged my unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 8 for an iPhone 8 Plus. I had an iPhone 7 Plus last year after the Note 7 fiasco, so when I got my iPhone 8 Plus, it felt like I was saying "hi" to an old friend again.

Maybe that'll help you decide?

I know that feeling well, I get it often when I wander off to the Android side but inevitably come back. Despite knowing that, I still really want a Pixel XL 2. Ideally I’d have two phones and use both but I can’t justify it!!
I know the X looks different and exciting (to some) but I’ve just found it a little underwhelming and I’m more drawn to handsets like the Pixel, Note 8 and LG V30.
I’ll probably stick with my 8+ though as it’s a really nice familiar handset, kinda like a good, trustworthy old friend

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I got the 8 Plus with the full intention on getting the X and am now actually thinking I may stick it out with the 8 Plus for awhile. I came from a Note8 but before that I had the 7 Plus and this thing is crazy fast plus the camera is amazing with the included 4k 60fps recording option. I haven't had a single issue with mine and probably can wait until next year for the X.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2