Talk me into the 8 Plus

travis_paul

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
I have been an android user for the past few years, my last iPhone was the 4S. I recently purchased the 8 plus for the camera functionality and was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to use. I love the size of the screen, the phone is blazing fast, and the pictures it takes...the best work I have done from a phone camera! I would recommend the 8/8+ to anyone. The X looks nice but I feel the OLED is new for apple and so is the faceID, Touch ID works every time and to me makes more sense for Apple Pay. I’d grab the 8/8+ and skip the X. Maybe after a couple generations faceID and OLED with no bezels will be more compelling a case to buy a phone, but for now the 8+ is the iPhone to buy.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My wife and I both have the 7 Plus and have no plans to upgrade for a couple of reasons. First, the 8 is not compatible with T-mobile's 600 MHz band that's rolling out. That's a big deal to me because signal inside a building is horrible. Neither of us need wireless charging and although I am a photographer and would love all the new camera features of the 8, I'd rather get a new 400-600 mm lens for one of my Canon cameras.

HBLEY

Banned
Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
My wife and I both have the 7 Plus and have no plans to upgrade for a couple of reasons. First, the 8 is not compatible with T-mobile's 600 MHz band that's rolling out. That's a big deal to me because signal inside a building is horrible. Neither of us need wireless charging and although I am a photographer and would love all the new camera features of the 8, I'd rather get a new 400-600 mm lens for one of my Canon cameras.

Yeah that'd be a nice investment.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I just exchanged my unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 8 for an iPhone 8 Plus. I had an iPhone 7 Plus last year after the Note 7 fiasco, so when I got my iPhone 8 Plus, it felt like I was saying "hi" to an old friend again.

Maybe that'll help you decide?

ianeb

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I just exchanged my unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 8 for an iPhone 8 Plus. I had an iPhone 7 Plus last year after the Note 7 fiasco, so when I got my iPhone 8 Plus, it felt like I was saying "hi" to an old friend again.

Maybe that'll help you decide?

I know that feeling well, I get it often when I wander off to the Android side but inevitably come back. Despite knowing that, I still really want a Pixel XL 2. Ideally I’d have two phones and use both but I can’t justify it!!
I know the X looks different and exciting (to some) but I’ve just found it a little underwhelming and I’m more drawn to handsets like the Pixel, Note 8 and LG V30.
I’ll probably stick with my 8+ though as it’s a really nice familiar handset, kinda like a good, trustworthy old friend

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I got the 8 Plus with the full intention on getting the X and am now actually thinking I may stick it out with the 8 Plus for awhile. I came from a Note8 but before that I had the 7 Plus and this thing is crazy fast plus the camera is amazing with the included 4k 60fps recording option. I haven't had a single issue with mine and probably can wait until next year for the X.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2