Talk me into the 8 Plus

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
From a personal standpoint, I would wait on the iPhone X. YES it's more money, BUT you are getting a much more innovative device. And these days we don't buy devices outright we finance them, so the X can be had for reasonable payment either directly from Apple or via your carrier.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the 7 Plus and in a moment of weakness I picked up the 8 Plus. Don’t regret it at all. Don’t really care about the wireless charging but I wanted the best  Silicone available in the A11 Bionic so I made the jump.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I preordered the 8 plus on the first day and received the device on the official launch day. I previously had a 7 and a 7 plus and so far I love the 8+.

The one thing I am hoping doesn’t become an issue down the road is the glass back. I did like the all metal design of the 6 and 7 series phones.

But Apple has always done their homework and they say the durability of the new glass back is very good and only time will tell.

I do like the updated screen and the processor seems a little more zippy then it’s predecessor. I don’t use wireless charging so that’s not of reasons I upgraded to the 8+.

I feel the price point for the 64 gig version was right on point to what I was expecting and was not out of line compared to other devices in its class I.e the Note 8.

For myself I feel the device is worth upgrading to if you have the financial resources to do so. If not, stick to the iPhone 7+ and try and find a used 8+ further down the road.

PS: I am still going off and buying the new iPhone X as soon as preorders become available on 10/27/17 because I want to see how the gesture concept works being I am a old Blackberry OS10 user and liked it.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm not talking you into anything. You either want the 8 plus for whatever reason, or you don't, Somethings are just that simple. Be an adult and make a decision ...

HBLEY

Banned
Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I have 7 plus. I am not convinced to shift to 8 or 8 plus. The only thing that I could go to is X. If the reviews are fine.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It’s a very heavy brick. Heavier than any Plus iPhone ever released.

I actually prefer the weight of the 8 Plus to the 7 Plus. It's not much, but it's enough to make it feel just a little more solid. I know not every likes that, but I do. For me, there is such a thing as a phone being too light. I don't know how to explain it and I may be the only one that feels that way. lol.

SparklyPickle

May 24, 2017
Visit site
I actually prefer the weight of the 8 Plus to the 7 Plus. It's not much, but it's enough to make it feel just a little more solid. I know not every likes that, but I do. For me, there is such a thing as a phone being too light. I don't know how to explain it and I may be the only one that feels that way. lol.

I am like that with my SE. I feel like it will slip out of my hands at the first occasion. Or if I cough and make it fly across the room haha it is SO light!

Last edited:

SparklyPickle

May 24, 2017
Visit site
Barely back from the Apple Store. I am definitely getting the 8 Plus but I cannot make up my mind. Hesitating between Gold and Space Gray.

Last edited:

SparklyPickle

May 24, 2017
Visit site
Even though I went space grey, I always like how with white faced phones I can’t see lint around the screen between the case and the phone.

And screen protectors are a lot harder to see, unlike with black bezels. It kinda breaks the clean, seamless look.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2