I had the 7 Plus and in a moment of weakness I picked up the 8 Plus. Don’t regret it at all. Don’t really care about the wireless charging but I wanted the best  Silicone available in the A11 Bionic so I made the jump.
    10-12-2017 06:47 PM
    I preordered the 8 plus on the first day and received the device on the official launch day. I previously had a 7 and a 7 plus and so far I love the 8+.

The one thing I am hoping doesn’t become an issue down the road is the glass back. I did like the all metal design of the 6 and 7 series phones.

But Apple has always done their homework and they say the durability of the new glass back is very good and only time will tell.

I do like the updated screen and the processor seems a little more zippy then it’s predecessor. I don’t use wireless charging so that’s not of reasons I upgraded to the 8+.

I feel the price point for the 64 gig version was right on point to what I was expecting and was not out of line compared to other devices in its class I.e the Note 8.

For myself I feel the device is worth upgrading to if you have the financial resources to do so. If not, stick to the iPhone 7+ and try and find a used 8+ further down the road.

PS: I am still going off and buying the new iPhone X as soon as preorders become available on 10/27/17 because I want to see how the gesture concept works being I am a old Blackberry OS10 user and liked it.
    mumfoau and SparklyPickle like this.
    10-12-2017 07:24 PM
    I'm not talking you into anything. You either want the 8 plus for whatever reason, or you don't, Somethings are just that simple. Be an adult and make a decision ...
    Jude526 likes this.
    10-13-2017 08:51 AM
    yup that's right.
    10-13-2017 10:17 AM
    I have 7 plus. I am not convinced to shift to 8 or 8 plus. The only thing that I could go to is X. If the reviews are fine.
    10-13-2017 10:18 AM
    It’s a very heavy brick. Heavier than any Plus iPhone ever released.
    10-13-2017 01:09 PM
    I actually prefer the weight of the 8 Plus to the 7 Plus. It's not much, but it's enough to make it feel just a little more solid. I know not every likes that, but I do. For me, there is such a thing as a phone being too light. I don't know how to explain it and I may be the only one that feels that way. lol.
    10-14-2017 08:15 AM
    I hears that a couple of time.
    Maybe it holds better because of added weight?
    10-14-2017 09:15 AM
    I actually prefer the weight of the 8 Plus to the 7 Plus. It's not much, but it's enough to make it feel just a little more solid. I know not every likes that, but I do. For me, there is such a thing as a phone being too light. I don't know how to explain it and I may be the only one that feels that way. lol.
    I am like that with my SE. I feel like it will slip out of my hands at the first occasion. Or if I cough and make it fly across the room haha it is SO light!
    Last edited by SparklyPickle; 10-15-2017 at 05:15 PM.
    10-14-2017 09:17 AM
    Barely back from the Apple Store. I am definitely getting the 8 Plus but I cannot make up my mind. Hesitating between Gold and Space Gray.
    Last edited by SparklyPickle; 10-16-2017 at 03:58 PM.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    10-15-2017 05:14 PM
    Barely back from the Apple Store. I am definitely getting the 8 Plus but I cannot make my mind. Hesitating between Gold and Space Gray.
    Gold is very pretty but tends to be harder to match with cases,space gray is more classy and matches every color lol
    10-15-2017 05:25 PM
    Gold is very pretty but tends to be harder to match with cases,space gray is more classy and matches every color lol
    Even though I went space grey, I always like how with white faced phones I can’t see lint around the screen between the case and the phone.
    10-15-2017 05:44 PM
    Indeed! It is neutral, unlike gold!
    10-15-2017 05:45 PM
    Even though I went space grey, I always like how with white faced phones I can’t see lint around the screen between the case and the phone.
    And screen protectors are a lot harder to see, unlike with black bezels. It kinda breaks the clean, seamless look.
    mumfoau likes this.
    10-15-2017 05:46 PM
    I see that on my gold 8 on the side of the cases but I'm a lint/dirt magnet LOL
    10-15-2017 05:46 PM
    I see that on my gold 8 on the side of the cases but I'm a lint/dirt magnet LOL
    It’s harder to see with white faces though. Lol With black faces...whew
    SparklyPickle likes this.
    10-15-2017 06:00 PM
    Barely back from the Apple Store. I am definitely getting the 8 Plus but I cannot make my mind. Hesitating between Gold and Space Gray.
    Space Gray!
    10-15-2017 08:04 PM
    Gold! It's so dang lovely! I couldn't stop looking at it! I kept it naked the entire time I had it
    SparklyPickle and Annie_8plus like this.
    10-15-2017 10:34 PM
    I have been an android user for the past few years, my last iPhone was the 4S. I recently purchased the 8 plus for the camera functionality and was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to use. I love the size of the screen, the phone is blazing fast, and the pictures it takes...the best work I have done from a phone camera! I would recommend the 8/8+ to anyone. The X looks nice but I feel the OLED is new for apple and so is the faceID, Touch ID works every time and to me makes more sense for Apple Pay. I’d grab the 8/8+ and skip the X. Maybe after a couple generations faceID and OLED with no bezels will be more compelling a case to buy a phone, but for now the 8+ is the iPhone to buy.
    10-16-2017 07:58 AM
    My wife and I both have the 7 Plus and have no plans to upgrade for a couple of reasons. First, the 8 is not compatible with T-mobile's 600 MHz band that's rolling out. That's a big deal to me because signal inside a building is horrible. Neither of us need wireless charging and although I am a photographer and would love all the new camera features of the 8, I'd rather get a new 400-600 mm lens for one of my Canon cameras.
    10-16-2017 09:04 AM
    My wife and I both have the 7 Plus and have no plans to upgrade for a couple of reasons. First, the 8 is not compatible with T-mobile's 600 MHz band that's rolling out. That's a big deal to me because signal inside a building is horrible. Neither of us need wireless charging and although I am a photographer and would love all the new camera features of the 8, I'd rather get a new 400-600 mm lens for one of my Canon cameras.
    Yeah that'd be a nice investment.
    10-17-2017 08:21 AM
    I just exchanged my unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 8 for an iPhone 8 Plus. I had an iPhone 7 Plus last year after the Note 7 fiasco, so when I got my iPhone 8 Plus, it felt like I was saying "hi" to an old friend again.

Maybe that'll help you decide?
    10-19-2017 12:36 AM
    I just exchanged my unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 8 for an iPhone 8 Plus. I had an iPhone 7 Plus last year after the Note 7 fiasco, so when I got my iPhone 8 Plus, it felt like I was saying "hi" to an old friend again.

Maybe that'll help you decide?
    I know that feeling well, I get it often when I wander off to the Android side but inevitably come back. Despite knowing that, I still really want a Pixel XL 2. Ideally I’d have two phones and use both but I can’t justify it!!
    I know the X looks different and exciting (to some) but I’ve just found it a little underwhelming and I’m more drawn to handsets like the Pixel, Note 8 and LG V30.
    I’ll probably stick with my 8+ though as it’s a really nice familiar handset, kinda like a good, trustworthy old friend
    10-20-2017 07:51 AM
    I’ll probably stick with my 8+ though as it’s a really nice familiar handset, kinda like a good, trustworthy old friend
    That's exactly how I described my experience when I unboxed my iPhone 8 Plus.

BTW, the Pixel 2s have terrible durability and are NOT worth the expensive price tag despite what the hype train is telling everyone:
    10-20-2017 11:39 AM
    That's exactly how I described my experience when I unboxed my iPhone 8 Plus.

BTW, the Pixel 2s have terrible durability and are NOT worth the expensive price tag despite what the hype train is telling everyone:
    Great video, thanks for posting.
    Retinella likes this.
    10-20-2017 12:24 PM
66 123