The iPhone gets a lot of stick for the current design (X excluded). Am I the only one who thinks that the current design is actually very nice, and on a par with most smartphones?
    10-10-2017 03:39 AM
    I feel the same.
    Jude526 likes this.
    10-10-2017 07:30 AM
    I actually don't care that it's not a new design since I always have a case on the phone. I also don't care about the bezel, since when I'm viewing my phone I am looking at the viewable screen and don't notice the bezel anyway.

I don't think I've ever looked at someone's phone at thought "that's an ugly phone!". But I have looked at cases and through "omg, what were they thinking" LOL.
    10-10-2017 10:26 AM
    I like the design. Not as “sexy” as the Note 8, but that front fingerprint scanner and flat screen is hard to beat for practicality.
    firedept10 and Jude526 like this.
    10-10-2017 04:31 PM
    I like the design. Not as “sexy” as the Note 8, but that front fingerprint scanner and flat screen is hard to beat for practicality.
    Exactly!
    tadpoles likes this.
    10-10-2017 11:00 PM
    It’s about even for me, I have 90% accuracy on my iPhone 8 and had 90% accuracy on my late note 8.

The 8 design is very outdated but Apple fans don’t really seem to care much. The 8/8+ is still selling....albeit not very well
    10-11-2017 10:54 AM
    The 8/8+ is still selling....albeit not very well
    Is there an official news release from Apple about that?
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    10-11-2017 11:24 AM
    I think it’s nice, but dated.
    10-11-2017 06:56 PM
    I like the newish design. Especially sign the clear case designs are much better now. I think the newish design is awesome.
    10-11-2017 10:11 PM
    It’s about even for me, I have 90% accuracy on my iPhone 8 and had 90% accuracy on my late note 8.

The 8 design is very outdated but Apple fans don’t really seem to care much. The 8/8+ is still selling....albeit not very well
    Outdated? I like the design. How is it outdated? What would you do different with the design?
    10-11-2017 10:41 PM
    Outdated? I like the design. How is it outdated? What would you do different with the design?
    Reduce
    Those
    Horrid
    Bezels.
    They make the phone obnoxiously huge.
    DEman19901 and tadpoles like this.
    10-11-2017 10:48 PM
    iPhone X
    iwoodland and tadpoles like this.
    10-12-2017 04:03 AM
    Reduce
    Those
    Horrid
    Bezels.
    They make the phone obnoxiously huge.
    Well, they needed that space for features users like. Hopefully, the 8 series will be the last with that design. Bezels don't bother me. Never think about them. Next year or very soon, they'll all be edge to edge like the X. IMO anyways.
    10-12-2017 11:42 AM
    iPhone X
    I think they'll all be edge to edge soon. Maybe next year. That is if they get their supplier situation going. Especially the oled screens.
    10-12-2017 11:52 AM
    Well, they needed that space for features users like. Hopefully, the 8 series will be the last with that design. Bezels don't bother me. Never think about them. Next year or very soon, they'll all be edge to edge like the X. IMO anyways.
    They honestly don't, they were just being greedy and wanted more profits to offset the 10.
    10-12-2017 11:53 AM
    They honestly don't, they were just being greedy and wanted more profits to offset the 10.
    I think they would have had 2 edge to edge models this year had they been able to get the needed oled screens. They barely got them for the X. I don't see where greed plays a part in this, other than charging too much for all of them. But they've done that for years. Users expect that and apparently don't care.
    10-12-2017 12:34 PM
    This is my first Apple phone. I’ve been a Samsung user for a few years and BlackBerry before that. Since I have an iPad Pro 10.5 and a MacBook Pro, I decided to try iPhone out. Just got the 8 Plus yesterday and I’m impressed with it. I really didn’t think I’d find a phone that impressed me because I thought the Note 7 was the best I’d ever used. We all know how that ended. Anyway, I’m liking this 8 Plus very much.
    Jude526 likes this.
    10-14-2017 11:57 PM
    This is my first Apple phone. I’ve been a Samsung user for a few years and BlackBerry before that. Since I have an iPad Pro 10.5 and a MacBook Pro, I decided to try iPhone out. Just got the 8 Plus yesterday and I’m impressed with it. I really didn’t think I’d find a phone that impressed me because I thought the Note 7 was the best I’d ever used. We all know how that ended. Anyway, I’m liking this 8 Plus very much.
    Congrats!
    It’s great to be fully invested in the Apple ecosystem. Have you considered the Apple Watch?
    10-14-2017 11:59 PM
    Congrats!
    It’s great to be fully invested in the Apple ecosystem. Have you considered the Apple Watch?
    Haven’t really given the watch much thought. I’ll check it out.
    10-15-2017 12:02 AM
    Sorry for the double post.
    Last edited by shaleem; 10-15-2017 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Double Post
    10-15-2017 12:03 AM
    Same here with me.
    11-20-2017 11:28 PM
    I like this phone design. I think it’s pretty and the cases available are awesome
    11-20-2017 11:29 PM

And how do u know it’s not selling well? I have a really good friend who is a mgr at a corporate Verizon and she told me it’s selling very well.
    These phones are going to sell.

For me to be interested in the X it needs to be more refined and larger. That notch bugs me. Not a fan of FaceID
    11-21-2017 08:52 AM
    I definitely agree with Sherry_B. With my small hands, I would never have an iPhone without a case and thus couldn't care less about the design. In fact in a month or so I doubt if I could even tell you what color my iPhone 8 is. It's not going to happen, but if all future iPhones had the same with-bezel face I would be just fine with that.
    11-21-2017 09:08 AM
    And how do u know it’s not selling well? I have a really good friend who is a mgr at a corporate Verizon and she told me it’s selling very well.
    These phones are going to sell.

For me to be interested in the X it needs to be more refined and larger. That notch bugs me. Not a fan of FaceID
    Pre-Orders indicate how well a product will generally do. Most stores had plenty of stock, the only store that got back ordered was Verizon but that took days...not minutes like the 6s or the 7. Even X preorders were a bit disappointing. X took awhile to sell out too. Sure, we can say oh apple had more supply...nah, ALL companies keep preorder stock low to build hype and the hype wasn't there. Sure it will sell well but 6s or 7 well? Probably not.

The x is pretty but I honestly just have a hard time stomaching stock ios.
    11-21-2017 09:10 AM
40 12