iPhone design

robbo777

Oct 8, 2017
Visit site
The iPhone gets a lot of stick for the current design (X excluded). Am I the only one who thinks that the current design is actually very nice, and on a par with most smartphones?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I actually don't care that it's not a new design since I always have a case on the phone. I also don't care about the bezel, since when I'm viewing my phone I am looking at the viewable screen and don't notice the bezel anyway.

I don't think I've ever looked at someone's phone at thought "that's an ugly phone!". But I have looked at cases and through "omg, what were they thinking" LOL.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I like the design. Not as “sexy” as the Note 8, but that front fingerprint scanner and flat screen is hard to beat for practicality.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I like the design. Not as “sexy” as the Note 8, but that front fingerprint scanner and flat screen is hard to beat for practicality.

It’s about even for me, I have 90% accuracy on my iPhone 8 and had 90% accuracy on my late note 8.

The 8 design is very outdated but Apple fans don’t really seem to care much. The 8/8+ is still selling....albeit not very well

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It’s about even for me, I have 90% accuracy on my iPhone 8 and had 90% accuracy on my late note 8.

The 8 design is very outdated but Apple fans don’t really seem to care much. The 8/8+ is still selling....albeit not very well

Outdated? I like the design. How is it outdated? What would you do different with the design?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Reduce
Those
Horrid
Bezels.
They make the phone obnoxiously huge.

Well, they needed that space for features users like. Hopefully, the 8 series will be the last with that design. Bezels don't bother me. Never think about them. Next year or very soon, they'll all be edge to edge like the X. IMO anyways.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well, they needed that space for features users like. Hopefully, the 8 series will be the last with that design. Bezels don't bother me. Never think about them. Next year or very soon, they'll all be edge to edge like the X. IMO anyways.

They honestly don't, they were just being greedy and wanted more profits to offset the 10.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
They honestly don't, they were just being greedy and wanted more profits to offset the 10.

I think they would have had 2 edge to edge models this year had they been able to get the needed oled screens. They barely got them for the X. I don't see where greed plays a part in this, other than charging too much for all of them. But they've done that for years. Users expect that and apparently don't care.

shaleem

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
This is my first Apple phone. I’ve been a Samsung user for a few years and BlackBerry before that. Since I have an iPad Pro 10.5 and a MacBook Pro, I decided to try iPhone out. Just got the 8 Plus yesterday and I’m impressed with it. I really didn’t think I’d find a phone that impressed me because I thought the Note 7 was the best I’d ever used. We all know how that ended. Anyway, I’m liking this 8 Plus very much.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
This is my first Apple phone. I’ve been a Samsung user for a few years and BlackBerry before that. Since I have an iPad Pro 10.5 and a MacBook Pro, I decided to try iPhone out. Just got the 8 Plus yesterday and I’m impressed with it. I really didn’t think I’d find a phone that impressed me because I thought the Note 7 was the best I’d ever used. We all know how that ended. Anyway, I’m liking this 8 Plus very much.

Congrats!
It’s great to be fully invested in the Apple ecosystem. Have you considered the Apple Watch?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro