Are u in Wireless sales?
    11-21-2017 09:15 AM
    I actually don't care that it's not a new design since I always have a case on the phone. I also don't care about the bezel, since when I'm viewing my phone I am looking at the viewable screen and don't notice the bezel anyway.

I don't think I've ever looked at someone's phone at thought "that's an ugly phone!". But I have looked at cases and through "omg, what were they thinking" LOL.
    I care. The iPhone 8 Plus form factor is terrible. The phone is way too wide. It's a very heavy smartphone. The bezels are too big. The design isn't just about what the back of the phone looks like with a case on - that's a very superficial way of looking at it ;-) A case actually makes the ergonomics worse, because it makes the phone:

1. Heavier
    2. Taller
    3. Even Wider

No reasonable person looks at anyone's phone and thinks it's ugly, because they don't care what anyone else's phone looks like. I'm not paying for their phone, so I only care that the purchase I'm making is a fit ergonomic and aesthetic choice for myself. What the rest of the world buys is their own business. I want to feel like I got my money's worth when I look at my phone...

Not like I traded my phone in for an exchange iPhone 6 Plus.

Apple tries to brand their devices like luxury fashion accessories these days... Not sure how anyone would feel if Manolo Blahnik trotted out basically the same shoe design on the runway 4 years in a row. My guess is that people would be over it at that point, and it would be panned by almost everyone.

If that's the road they wish to take, then they need to get their "vision" in line with their rhetoric.
    11-21-2017 07:22 PM
    I won't buy another phone in this form factor, but I do appreciate what is a solid phone design anyway.
    11-21-2017 07:49 PM
    I won't buy another phone in this form factor, but I do appreciate what is a solid phone design anyway.
    I’m on the same boat.
    I still respect and appreciate the old design, but going into the future, I’m set with the design of the X.
    iwoodland likes this.
    11-21-2017 08:46 PM
    I care.
    I do not.

The iPhone 8 Plus form factor is terrible.
    Not for me.

The phone is way too wide.
    Not for me.

It's a very heavy smartphone.
    Heh. I'm a mom. I carried two babies on my hip and in my arms for quite some time. They weigh much more than a cell phone. If I began whining about how heavy they were people would tell me, well, they'd tell me to stop whining.

The bezels are too big.
    Not for me.

The design isn't just about what the back of the phone looks like with a case on - that's a very superficial way of looking at it ;-)
    That would mean that I care about what the phone looks like. I don't.

A case actually makes the ergonomics worse, because it makes the phone:
    For you, not for me.

I only care that the purchase I'm making is a fit ergonomic and aesthetic choice for myself. What the rest of the world buys is their own business.

Same here. I posted about what I like and what I care/don't care about, not what anyone else likes or cares about because like you said, what the rest of the world buys is their own business.
    iwoodland and MasterDarque like this.
    11-22-2017 03:36 PM
    I always like when people say the phone is heavy. Seriously. It’s a phone. How heavy can it be. It’s not a cinder block. “HEAVY”. Lol. Cracks me up every time. It’s not just Apple users. Even android users. A new device comes out and all of of sudden the old one was so heavy. Lol
    cwbcpa, Jude526, TripleOne and 1 others like this.
    11-23-2017 12:12 AM
    I type with one hand only. Holding with my right hand. Very comfortable. Doesn’t feel heavy to me in a case. Feels good in my hand. Love the screen real estate. Not boring or ugly in my opinion.
    shaleem and MasterDarque like this.
    12-18-2017 10:06 PM
    I always like when people say the phone is heavy. Seriously. It’s a phone. How heavy can it be. It’s not a cinder block. “HEAVY”. Lol. Cracks me up every time. It’s not just Apple users. Even android users. A new device comes out and all of of sudden the old one was so heavy. Lol
    I'm late here. But just wanted to add that people complain when the phone gets lighter and sacrifices battery then they complain about it getting "heavier".
    12-21-2017 04:36 PM
    There is no way in hell for a phone with a 5.5" screen to be that big. Just big for no damn reason.
    12-21-2017 07:15 PM
    I like the feel of the anodized AL back most but think all the top tier phones have good designs. I set up and handle many via my work and admit to liking rounded edges and the Apple home button.

I'm guessing (hoping) I'll like face recognition more in a next generation just like I recall my iPhone 6 fingerprint reader was not as good as what followed.

The phones and tablets are mature products so to be honest I don't know how designs can or will change much.
    12-22-2017 08:25 AM
    After reading a lot of these and owning a couple X’s I can say that that having an 8 Plus would be nice too. I may try to get a new one later this year...last of a breed and all that.
    01-02-2018 07:45 PM
36 12