So I have always done Tmobile jump for my android devices. This time I decided to use Tmo Jump for the 8 plus because I didn’t want to part with my red iPhone that was paid out right. So I did Jump on launch day, it’s a $12 a month insurance and allows for early trade in, and the rep told me it would include free Apple care +. I was likes this is BS but didn’t tell her that. So I kept checking my serial number and no Apple care tied to it. Well today I got a text from T-Mobile saying it was added on. I decided to check my serial number and boom it was. So if your on T-Mobile Jump and you finance your phone with them, they give $149 AC+ for free.

Last edited by Garz; 10-03-2017 at 01:37 PM.
    firstborn80 likes this.
    10-03-2017 01:06 PM
    Wow tmobile is awesome!
    10-03-2017 01:35 PM
    It’s 15 additional a month.
    10-03-2017 02:32 PM
    When I switched to t mobile from Verizon. I had to get it, you can always take it off and just purchase the apple care up front.
    10-03-2017 02:33 PM
    @Garz, can you confirm that it's factored in an extra 15 a month?
    10-03-2017 02:35 PM
    @Garz, can you confirm that it's factored in an extra 15 a month?
    For me it’s $12. I’m grandfathered into old one. The screen shots show that it’s now added. I reached out to T-Mobile and they confirmed if you have Jump, you get apple care plus included. It took about 10 days for T-Mobile to add it. It will not show up until you get the confirmation text from T-Mobile. I did not pay Apple 149 to add it. So I got a 64 GB plus with Apple care plus for $799 since I financed it.

Here’s confirmation text from T-Mobile.
    John Yester likes this.
    10-03-2017 03:11 PM
    When I switched to t mobile from Verizon. I had to get it, you can always take it off and just purchase the apple care up front.
    I pay $12. I’m grandfathered into old pricing. Yes you can pay for it up front. For the new price of $149. And have no loss coverage. Or pay for Jump with Tmo and it covers loss too and you get Apple Care plus for free. But for me, Jump is only $12 a month.
    John Yester and alphatectz like this.
    10-03-2017 03:47 PM
    One of the new insurance plans are $15 that includes Apple Care+
    10-03-2017 10:39 PM
    That makes me even more convinced that I need to switch to T-Mobile in December! Thanks for sharing!
    10-05-2017 11:42 AM
    I believe the way it works is the Apple care is in place of the insurance they would otherwise provide with Jump (probably Asurion). Good deal nevertheless!
    10-05-2017 11:54 AM
    I pay $12. I’m grandfathered into old pricing. Yes you can pay for it up front. For the new price of $149. And have no loss coverage. Or pay for Jump with Tmo and it covers loss too and you get Apple Care plus for free. But for me, Jump is only $12 a month.
    Very nice.
    10-05-2017 12:14 PM
    So this prompted me to call Sprint and inquire. I learned that I got it added automatically when I got my 8+. I just had it added to the other iPhone on my account. Maybe it’s something all carriers are doing now.
    10-06-2017 10:01 AM
    So this prompted me to call Sprint and inquire. I learned that I got it added automatically when I got my 8+. I just had it added to the other iPhone on my account. Maybe it’s something all carriers are doing now.
    No it’s not. It comes at a cost to the carriers. I can tell you Att not Verizon is doing it. Neither one of them ever give the customer squat.

Also, did you run your serial number on Apple warranty check site to make sure it has apple care +? That is the only way for you to know for sure your phone has it.

https://checkcoverage.apple.com
    10-06-2017 10:31 AM
    If you keep that iphone for 2 years you would pay almost double what AppleCare actually costs. If you keep it a year it costs almost as much as AppleCare does for 2 yrs. Dont forget that you can get a refund (a prorated portion of it) for AppleCare if you upgrade after one year and trade in or sell or whatever. I upgraded my wife from the 6s to the 7 and I got a refund of $66, when I traded it in.
    Last edited by knotsure; 10-06-2017 at 03:37 PM.
    10-06-2017 01:52 PM
    If you keep that iphone for 2 years you would pay almost double what AppleCare actually costs. If you keep it a year it costs almost as much as AppleCare does for 2 yrs. Dont forget that you can get a refund (a prorated portion of it) for AppleCare if you upgrade after one year and trade in or sell or whatever. I upgraded my wife from the 6s to the 7 and I got a refund of $66, when I traded it in.
    Yes but by paying this, you also get loss or theft too which is not covered by the $149 Apple care. Most people on this site does not keep their phone 2 years. I haven’t kept a phone for 2 since the iPhone released. What is 2 years? Lol. And I didn’t have to front $149 for AC. All I know is my phone bill is the same cost as it was before but I have a new iPhone with AC +. Thanks to Jump.

So long story short is if your were already paying for Jump as I was, you get AC+ for free with an iPhone purchase. I don’t see that as a problem them giving it to me.
    knotsure likes this.
    10-07-2017 01:33 PM
    Yes but by paying this, you also get loss or theft too which is not covered by the $149 Apple care. Most people on this site does not keep their phone 2 years. I haven’t kept a phone for 2 since the iPhone released. What is 2 years? Lol. And I didn’t have to front $149 for AC. All I know is my phone bill is the same cost as it was before but I have a new iPhone with AC +. Thanks to Jump.

So long story short is if your were already paying for Jump as I was, you get AC+ for free with an iPhone purchase. I don’t see that as a problem them giving it to me.
    They lied to you if they said it would be the same price. The PHP that comes with JUMP is $12/month. The one with AppleCare+ is $15/month. If you upgrade your phone every year, it’s still not too bad of a deal, as you would need to repurchase your AppleCare+ every year if you went that route.
    10-08-2017 10:23 PM
    They lied to you if they said it would be the same price. The PHP that comes with JUMP is $12/month. The one with AppleCare+ is $15/month. If you upgrade your phone every year, it’s still not too bad of a deal, as you would need to repurchase your AppleCare+ every year if you went that route.
    My bills still shows $12. The bill that auto withdrawals on 10/21. And I showed proof I got apple care+. Doesn’t look like a lie to me. Think what you want. And considering I got this on launch day 9/22. My October bill didn’t cycle until about 10 days after I bought the phone.
    10-08-2017 10:28 PM
    My bills still shows $12. The bill that auto withdrawals on 10/21. And I showed proof I got apple care+. Doesn’t look like a lie to me. Think what you want.
    Interesting. Not sure how they would get around charging the $15/month as it’s tied to the feature. Unless they gave you a $3 monthly credit. But in that case your bill would still show $15. Consider yourself lucky. You’re probably one in a couple million people who magically got a $15 feature for $12.
    10-08-2017 10:30 PM
    Interesting. Not sure how they would get around charging the $15/month as it’s tied to the feature. Unless they gave you a $3 monthly credit. But in that case your bill would still show $15. Consider yourself lucky. You’re probably one in a couple million people who magically got a $15 feature for $12.

Here is my proof of me still getting it $12. And dates show for this month 9/29 to 10/28.
    10-08-2017 10:41 PM
    I believe the way it works is the Apple care is in place of the insurance they would otherwise provide with Jump (probably Asurion). Good deal nevertheless!
    Nah man you get both. T-Mobile doesn’t offer you an insurance that you wouldn’t get theft too which is not covered by Apple Care. If I’m reading this right, you get both. Look at my screen shot above.
    ladyc0524 and pkcable like this.
    10-08-2017 10:47 PM