I can assure you that “at this time”, there are no scratches, light or otherwise, on my iPhone 8....
    I’ll bet you have gold or silver ip8.
    10-07-2017 11:20 AM
    Apple store installed glass on mine but mine started to show bubble after weeks of use Apple store told me to contact Belkin for replacement then bring it back to install again
    10-07-2017 07:46 PM
    I don't have any scratches yet. However, one thing to note: I currently have the space gray (my previous iPhone was silver), and it appears to be attracting a significantly large amount of dust, debris, and random crap I have in my pocket (and office drawers) more than my previous iPhone ever did, which I'm afraid will eventually leave a scratch somewhere. I don't know if it's because I'm not used to a dark phone, but I find myself checking the phone's surface at different angles under direct light to see if there are any scratches.
    10-09-2017 04:21 PM
    I don't have any scratches yet. However, one thing to note: I currently have the space gray (my previous iPhone was silver), and it appears to be attracting a significantly large amount of dust, debris, and random crap I have in my pocket (and office drawers) more than my previous iPhone ever did, which I'm afraid will eventually leave a scratch somewhere. I don't know if it's because I'm not used to a dark phone, but I find myself checking the phone's surface at different angles under direct light to see if there are any scratches.
    If you have to look under direct light at all angles to see scratches they’re negligible. Each year we have threads with people and brand new phones looking for scratches and other issues instead of just enjoying the phone.

I don’t know how a different color would attract more lint but could just be more noticeable with that color. Are you using a different case?
    firstborn80 likes this.
    10-10-2017 06:43 AM
    Oh the joy we will have when a manufacturer makes a scratch proof phone!
    10-10-2017 07:11 AM
    If you have to look under direct light at all angles to see scratches they’re negligible. Each year we have threads with people and brand new phones looking for scratches and other issues instead of just enjoying the phone.

I don’t know how a different color would attract more lint but could just be more noticeable with that color. Are you using a different case?
    I admit I’m being paranoid. And you’re right about lint and dust being more noticeable due to the color more than anything. This happens to me every new phone. After a couple of weeks, I’m more relaxed. But to answer your question, the cases I’m using seem to be more loose than my iPhone 6 Plus cases.
    10-10-2017 07:42 AM
    I admit I’m being paranoid. And you’re right about lint and dust being more noticeable due to the color more than anything. This happens to me every new phone. After a couple of weeks, I’m more relaxed. But to answer your question, the cases I’m using seem to be more loose than my iPhone 6 Plus cases.
    Exactly my point It's like a new car... you obsess over it and then when you get that first scratch you're bummed but you get over it. Then it's out of the way and you don't worry about it so much.
    10-10-2017 07:06 PM
32 12