Hi fellow iPhone lovers!! I just got my new 8+ in gold! First of all the color is incredible! I'm wondering a few things though:

-I don't see an option to take a selfie in portait mode. Am I missing something?
    -It doesn't seem like the 8+ has all that many upgrades compared to a 7+. Am I right?

I have $150 left to pay on my 6s plus and then I own it. I'm wondering if it's smart to just pay it off and be device payment free or upgrade to the 7+ and save $150?

Any thoughts here?

Thanks!
    09-29-2017 07:55 AM
    The portrait mode requires the duel cameras on the back of the phone so it would not be possible in selfie mode.

As far as the value of the 8+ over the 6s+ or 7+, it’s really a personal choice. I passed my 7+ on to someone and got the 8+. I think the camera is a pretty big jump, but maybe you won’t think so. I also like the adjustments that have been made with the screen. I’ve been able to compare the 7+ and 8+ side by side and I definitely notice a nice difference. Again, that might not be enough for you though. I had no interest in upgrading until I got my hands on the 8+ until I really was able to spend time with it outside of a store setting.

Good luck with your choice. You really can’t go wrong with any of those phones, but I don’t think anyone else can give you the answer.
    jessica_lynn9474 and bailbrae like this.
    09-29-2017 08:13 AM
    The front (selfie) camera doesn't have the lenses necessary for portrait mode photos. You would need to take those by turning the phone around and use the back camera.
    09-29-2017 08:52 AM
    If you can afford to stick with the 8+, I’d say it’s worth the upgrade. It’s way faster, better battery life, true tone, wireless charging, fast charging, and so much more!
    Sherry_B likes this.
    09-29-2017 06:59 PM
    -I don't see an option to take a selfie in portait mode. Am I missing something?
    The Portrait mode selfie feature is exclusive to the iPhone X.
    09-30-2017 03:17 PM