Selfie in Portrait Mode? Not Sure if Upgrading is Worth it?

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi fellow iPhone lovers!! I just got my new 8+ in gold! First of all the color is incredible! I'm wondering a few things though:

-I don't see an option to take a selfie in portait mode. Am I missing something?
-It doesn't seem like the 8+ has all that many upgrades compared to a 7+. Am I right?

I have $150 left to pay on my 6s plus and then I own it. I'm wondering if it's smart to just pay it off and be device payment free or upgrade to the 7+ and save $150?

Any thoughts here?

Thanks! :)

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The portrait mode requires the duel cameras on the back of the phone so it would not be possible in selfie mode.

As far as the value of the 8+ over the 6s+ or 7+, it’s really a personal choice. I passed my 7+ on to someone and got the 8+. I think the camera is a pretty big jump, but maybe you won’t think so. I also like the adjustments that have been made with the screen. I’ve been able to compare the 7+ and 8+ side by side and I definitely notice a nice difference. Again, that might not be enough for you though. I had no interest in upgrading until I got my hands on the 8+ until I really was able to spend time with it outside of a store setting.

Good luck with your choice. You really can’t go wrong with any of those phones, but I don’t think anyone else can give you the answer.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The front (selfie) camera doesn't have the lenses necessary for portrait mode photos. You would need to take those by turning the phone around and use the back camera.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
If you can afford to stick with the 8+, I’d say it’s worth the upgrade. It’s way faster, better battery life, true tone, wireless charging, fast charging, and so much more!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner