I'm going to disagree with you. Spigen, just one example, has a few brand new cases for the 8 Plus. When I open a browser window in my left monitor of 7 Plus cases, and another browser window on my second monitor with 8 Plus cases... I see a few new cases. Some have the same name but are tagged with "2" plus have additional kickstands added that weren't on the cases for the 7 Plus. There's some that look identical, but have very subtle differences if you look closely.

All of the stores that I've walked into have 7 and 7 Plus cases on clearance, meaning new stock of brand new cases machined for the 8's are coming in.
    Ok, every one I see for the 8-Plus show it's also for the 7-Plus >> Spigen Neo Hybrid Crystal [2nd Generation] iPhone 8 Plus Case / iPhone 7 Plus Case with Clear Casing and Hard Bumper Frame for Apple << sample.. but heck, I am happy to be wrong and hopefully they're different.
    09-29-2017 04:37 PM
    Of course they’ll fit, since the phones are almost identical in size.

You stated none of the case companies are manufacturing new cases for the 8/Plus and that’s the part I disagree with. Unless you have some insider knowledge the rest of us aren’t privy to?
    09-29-2017 06:24 PM
    I'm using a 7 Plus case on my 8 Plus phone. The night I bought my 8 I stopped at Target and bought a cheapie case (Speck) to hold me over until I can get a really good case. It fits snug, but it does fit.
    How is Speck a "cheapie" case? What's your definition of a "good" case?
    09-30-2017 10:05 AM
    No they don't. You said perfectly and I assure you this is impossible due to the fact the newer phone has larger dimensions than the ones it was designed for. Fits <> fits perfectly. None of the cases I've tried don't actually fit. None of them fit perfectly either. A few are actually unusable due to buttons not working or popping off with the slightest force on corner...
    No, actually, all the cases I have fit PERFECTLY. I know what the words means.
    09-30-2017 10:32 AM
    No, actually, all the cases I have fit PERFECTLY. I know what the words means.
    I wish mine did. None of mine fit perfectly.
    09-30-2017 10:36 AM
    How is Speck a "cheapie" case? What's your definition of a "good" case?
    The case I purchased was on clearance, and the case just makes the phone look pretty. My personal definition of a good case, what matters to me, first and foremost I want protection and if it looks good then all the more reason for me to consider it a good case.

Keep in mind though, everyone has their own definition of what a good case would be for them. For my needs, Speck isn't that brand.
    09-30-2017 11:17 AM
    While awaiting my 8 Plus case I wanted to use my old 7 Plus Apple Leather Saddle Brown. Has anyone encountered any issues while using their 7 Plus leather on their new 8 Plus?
    09-30-2017 10:08 PM
    i wouldn't call it an issue, but the ring/silent switch is a little harder to reach. In the photo attached is my gold 8 plus vs my black 7 plus in a apple leather case for 7 plus.
    Attached Thumbnails iPhone 8 / 8 Plus cases - your old case won't fit as designed!-screen-shot-2017-09-30-17.14.36.jpg  
    dirtyraxxx likes this.
    09-30-2017 11:51 PM
    Ok so my Otterbox defender series does fit but not perfectly the screen protecter part is not touching the screen 100% which can cause certain areas of the screen to less sensitive to touch. Some areas you have to press down harder then some , it gets annoying fast!
    10-05-2017 10:15 PM
    While awaiting my 8 Plus case I wanted to use my old 7 Plus Apple Leather Saddle Brown. Has anyone encountered any issues while using their 7 Plus leather on their new 8 Plus?
    It’s hard to turn mute switch from on to off. Otherwise it’s fits ok. Just a little tight.
    10-05-2017 10:24 PM
    It seems the new color leather cases are actually cut for the 8 plus. I got the purple one (can’t recall the actual name) and it centers the mute switch perfectly.
    10-06-2017 04:10 PM
    I just got a leather case from Sena and it fits perfectly. Plenty of room to adjust the ring/silent switch.
    10-06-2017 04:24 PM
    It seems the new color leather cases are actually cut for the 8 plus. I got the purple one (can’t recall the actual name) and it centers the mute switch perfectly.
    Dark aubergine. It's on my want list.
    TheLegoJoker likes this.
    10-06-2017 11:06 PM
    Dark aubergine. It's on my want list.
    Yes, thank you!
    10-06-2017 11:54 PM
39 12