Weird Wireless Charging Behavior

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
So I bought a Belkin universal wireless charging pad for my 8+ : Buy Belkin Wireless Charging Pad for Phones and Wearables

The charger is supposed to work with both Qi and PMA-standard devices.

The brief instructions say to orient your phone on either a north-south or east-west axis on the pad. I place my phone on the pad when I head to bed, and make sure the display shows that it's charging.

On more than one occasion, I woke up in the middle of the night, check my phone, and it's not charging. I'm the only human in my home, so nobody else has moved the phone, and it's still in the same position I placed it when going to bed. But for some reason, the charging stops.

Has anyone seen this with any other devices, or have any idea as to why it might happen?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I'd return it. I read many reviews in different places online and there were more than several complaints the same as yours. Definitely not one that I would buy.

Not sure what's up with the link you shared. The security on my computer will not let me open it.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
So I bought a Belkin universal wireless charging pad for my 8+ : Buy Belkin Wireless Charging Pad for Phones and Wearables

The brief instructions say to orient your phone on either a north-south or east-west axis on the pad. I place my phone on the pad when I head to bed, and make sure the display shows that it's charging.

On more than one occasion, I woke up in the middle of the night, check my phone, and it's not charging. I'm the only human in my home, so nobody else has moved the phone, and it's still in the same position I placed it when going to bed. But for some reason, the charging stops.

Has anyone seen this with any other devices, or have any idea as to why it might happen?

Could be that Belkin pad too, the reviews are pretty horrible. I got a two $15 3-coil chargers / upright pads on Amazon, they work great.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the relies. I returned the "universal" Belkin wireless charging pad ($40) to Target and picked up a basic Samsung unit from Best Buy Mobile ($20), it worked like a champ. Not only did the Samsung just plain work, it didn't have any silly requirements like specific orientation of the device on the pad. :yes:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Belkin wireless charging pad that I purchased from a local Best Buy Store and it works like a charm. It looks a bit different from the one you purchased though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Disregard my last post. I have an Insignia brand wireless charger. Sorry ‘bout that.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I have this happen a lot with my Samsung pad and my s8 plus. But i bought the Belkin from Apple to use with my 8 plus and never an issue.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
We bought two of these, one worked fine and the other would do as you describe and occasionally stop charging randomly at some point in the middle of the night. I haven't had a problem with my Samsung convertible charger.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods