8+ vs 7+ worth the $150 difference?

Rodzp

May 14, 2017
Visit site
Only you can justify your purchase. I just got the 8+ for my wife a week ago to replace her 6s 64gb that the battery was not lasting all day. I had the 7+ and was perfectly happy with it and was really leaning towards that option for her, but getting her the 7+ would loose the annual upgrade option she would have with the 8+. I also figured in a couple years the value of the two would offset the upfront cost some if we kept it and did not use the annual upgrade. The X was not something either of us were interested in.
When I went to the the store I was going to get her the 64gb version, but she said once I was there she had run out of space and had to delete apps. I thought that was odd because she never mentioned that before so I cringed a little and said we will get the 256 gb version.
Anyway when I get home she never looked at and said I like your phone better so you take the 8+. I thought ok maybe I will just go back and get the 7+ instead, but she had clearly planned for me to get the new phone all along so I did not want to hurt her feelings or anything. After using it for a week coming from the 7+ I can say the screen seems to be quite a bit better to me when looking at pictures I have taking on my SLR. It is slightly faster to the point I can notice it, but not enough I can say you should go with the 8 over the 7. The camera does have a few more cool tricks but I cannot tell a difference in the picture quality. I would buy the 8+ again giving the same situation and knowing what I know now. I can say if the 7+ had not of been my daily phone I would not have noticed the differences I do not think. I do not see me replacing this phone for a few years though.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Better processor, better battery life, double the storage options on the 8's. Wireless charging can be added on a 7 series without much issue but the 8 is worth it.

RTakher209

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
I traded in my 7 Plus to the 8 Plus, I think it’s worth it. It may not be much but just having the wireless charging and glass front n back make it feel like a new phone to me. Still can’t warm up to the X.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
For now I'm happy to wait for a large aka S version of the X and use my 7 Plus but will point this out. For a whole lot of history people paid a lot more than $150 for a better camera or something to be a little faster.

:)

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I saw it’s worth it. I went from a 7plus to the X. Decided the X (this year) was not for me. Sold it yesterday and am now happily back with a 256gb space grey 8plus.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I saw it’s worth it. I went from a 7plus to the X. Decided the X (this year) was not for me. Sold it yesterday and am now happily back with a 256gb space grey 8plus.

You were out of the 14 day? I think 14 days isn’t long enough to make a decision as to whether or not a device is liked and will work for one’s needs. A few yrs ago, Verizon had a 30 day run for customers and it didn’t last long. I think maybe people took advantage of that length of time. Too bad and to charge a 35 restocking fee . That is why I played with the X a few times to make sure. I wanted to ignore the notch but couldn’t. I was told there is an app to get rid of the notch. But the phone is just too small for my liking. And I really like the style of the iconic iPhone. Newly with Apple a yr Jan. I don’t think there is anything wrong with that style. I like the home bezel and TOUCH ID is great.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Battery life is awesome. Been off charger since 7 am and it’s almost 10pm 61%
Listening to music on my way to work. Couple of Work calls checking not group me

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Battery life is awesome. Been off charger since 7 am and it’s almost 10pm 61%
Listening to music on my way to work. Couple of Work calls checking not group me

That’s great!
I was already happy with the battery life of the 7 Plus, I can’t imagine how much better the 8 Plus is.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
For $150 I made the move from the 7+ to the 8+.. I do regret it a little. I do love the wireless charging, but other than that, I don't see much of a difference. Battery life on the 8+ is no better than the 7+. I actually think the 7+ battery was even better.

I had the Red 7+ and to me it was the best Iphone ever (and I have had them all). I refuse to cross that $1000 threshold and will stay away from the 10. The 8+ is good but I think I was happier with the Red 7+...

So to answer your question. I think that I would stay put unless you really love Wireless Charging

krishnansasikumar

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
I upgraded from 7 plus to 8 plus last week. There are significant differences between the phones.

1. Download speeds are better
2. Better low light camera performance for both photo and video.
3. Slightly better sound quality from speakers and earphones.
4. Slightly better color calibration for the screen, but that's very slight.
5. I'm getting much better battery life out of the 8+ than with the 7.
6. The phone doesn't get hot under heavy load, whereas the 7 did.

Wireless charging is another plus if you use it.

I used the 7 plus for only 2 weeks before getting the 8 plus.

Since I have a Note 8 as well, I find the 8 plus to be more closer to the Note 8 in performance and quality than the 7.

So, IMO, go for the 8 plus.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
i actually got the Mophie Wireless Charger at the Apple Store and I like having it, i just set my phone down and forget about it. My nightstand is a bit full, iPad Pro 12.9", iPhone 6 for work, Apple Watch 3 on a stand, not much room left.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded from 7 plus to 8 plus last week. There are significant differences between the phones.

1. Download speeds are better
2. Better low light camera performance for both photo and video.
3. Slightly better sound quality from speakers and earphones.
4. Slightly better color calibration for the screen, but that's very slight.
5. I'm getting much better battery life out of the 8+ than with the 7.
6. The phone doesn't get hot under heavy load, whereas the 7 did.

Wireless charging is another plus if you use it.

I used the 7 plus for only 2 weeks before getting the 8 plus.

Since I have a Note 8 as well, I find the 8 plus to be more closer to the Note 8 in performance and quality than the 7.

So, IMO, go for the 8 plus.

Yeah, I completely agree with you.
It’s worth it for an extra $150.
The speed, camera, and battery life is more than enough to upgrade IMO.

ScottsoNJ

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I've used both. For $150 more with the iPhone 8 Plus you get wireless charging, better processor,
better battery life and better resale value to make up the difference in price.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’ve been using the 8 Plus for almost a week now, and it’s definitely worth the $150. Battery life is superb (10-20% better than the X).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2