screen freeze

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
My phone is doing this super cool thing where the screen stops responding but the buttons still work.

I've had to reset it twice today due to this. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm hoping it's due to the fact that I haven't been turning my phone off regularly.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have not experienced behavior like that with my iPhone 8. With that in mind, you may want to reset all settings or restore as new if you restore your iPhone 8 Plus from a backup.

ianeb

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
My phone is doing this super cool thing where the screen stops responding but the buttons still work.

I've had to reset it twice today due to this. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm hoping it's due to the fact that I haven't been turning my phone off regularly.

Had this yesterday, could swipe up and down for the control Center and notifications, but that’s it, tapping on apps did nothing. The power button would power the phone off, just turn the screen on and off. I contacted support who told me about the new reset combination which booted the phone up and it worked again. Glad I’m not the only one as he tried to blame it on my restore.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I restored too so restarting could be a fix but still. I never had any issues on my 7 like this and that's what I restored from.

I understand, but it was recently discovered that the Skype app crashes at the start with the iPhone 8 even though it worked perfectly with iOS 11 on my iPhone 7 Plus. There *could* be a previous setting that doesn’t play well with your new device.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Same happened to me yesterday froze and couldnt do anything, but it recognized my touches just wouldnt move..... i had to restart the phone then it worked again.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I understand, but it was recently discovered that the Skype app crashes at the start with the iPhone 8 even though it worked perfectly with iOS 11 on my iPhone 7 Plus. There *could* be a previous setting that doesn’t play well with your new device.

Skype is not working on 8 / 8+ devices. It's not a software issue, but clearly a Hardware one, since it works on all prior devices running iOS 11.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Skype is not working on 8 / 8+ devices. It's not a software issue, but clearly a Hardware one, since it works on all prior devices running iOS 11.

b6baa153be4c0e467e26beca72ad87d3.png

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes I have noticed this as well....it happened on my iPhone 7 Plus after downloading iOS 11, and now it happens on my iPhone 8 Plus....the only time it happens, (so far) is when I go into Messages to send a video or pic to someone....when I go to select the contact, it will freeze...I can see the button responding to touch, but nothing happens....I wait for a good 5-10 seconds maybe and then it starts up like normal.....it doesn't do it every time, but probably once or twice a day....so far only happens in Messages.

Hussein Najee

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Ambassador Sherry_B: I get frozen in applications like WhatsApp and even Doc files. I open the files but when I press the back button (arrow) it doesn't respond and I get frozen in the application. I have to reboot to go back

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Ambassador Sherry_B: I get frozen in applications like WhatsApp and even Doc files. I open the files but when I press the back button (arrow) it doesn't respond and I get frozen in the application. I have to reboot to go back

I would think a wipe and restore as new might be in order.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Before you try restoring, you might try Reset All Settings. This cures a lot of issues.

Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Mine has been freezing up too. This update has been problematic. I am not happy with it and I don’t want to reset the phone but I might have to

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711