Call quality on iPhone 8 Plus

Cbush1952

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
How is call quality. Heard last year about a lot of problems with muffled voices, poor reception, dropped calls on 7. How is calls on phone? I have said in other post about going to iPhone 6s Plus when v20 paid off. Now thinking about getting 8 plus ( will be 1st iphone) probably next week or 2. May just go with 8 plus as first iphone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Calls

I don’t recall ever having a complaint of muffed calls or poor reception with the exception of one or two areas where reception was almost nonexistent no matter the wireless carrier or device. With that in mind, the call quality of my iPhone 8 has been great thus far so I assume the same for the iPhone 8 Plus. Hopefully, someone with an actual iPhone 8 Plus will reply soon.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

Im not sure if its gotten better,I think they're using the same antennae and if so gsm callers will suffer like with the 7.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I've only had/made a couple of calls, so far, but it has seemed fine to me. I would hope reception is better on the 8 than the 7 with the glass back.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

How is call quality. Heard last year about a lot of problems with muffled voices, poor reception, dropped calls on 7. How is calls on phone? I have said in other post about going to iPhone 6s Plus when v20 paid off. Now thinking about getting 8 plus ( will be 1st iphone) probably next week or 2. May just go with 8 plus as first iphone.

It's usually from the people that forget to remove the plastic safety wrapper that covers the earpiece. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
There was a software problem with the Verizon iPhone 7 and 7 plus after release. I was dropping calls left and right. Called Verizon and they said it was an apple thing and apple was working on it. Sure enough, a few days later I got an update on my iPhone and no more reception issues afterward.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
There was a software problem with the Verizon iPhone 7 and 7 plus after release. I was dropping calls left and right. Called Verizon and they said it was an apple thing and apple was working on it. Sure enough, a few days later I got an update on my iPhone and no more reception issues afterward.

When was that update?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
When was that update?

I don't remember one for calls on Verizon, rather I recall that the Verizon phone had data issues (though that obviously would impact VoLTE). I believe the update came about 3 weeks to a month after the release of the 7/Plus models.

Cecilia Walker

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
I bought an 8 Plus on Friday 10/13 and replaced the phone 2 x. All three 8 Plus phones had muffled calls. People were complaining that they couldn't hear me on all 3 devices - I sounded muffled, underwater, in a tunnel and had some crackling.

I returned the phones and got a 7Plus.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought an 8 Plus on Friday 10/13 and replaced the phone 2 x. All three 8 Plus phones had muffled calls. People were complaining that they couldn't hear me on all 3 devices - I sounded muffled, underwater, in a tunnel and had some crackling.

I returned the phones and got a 7Plus.

You're the first I have heard has this problem and I have read literally thousands of posts in 3 different iPhone forums. Call quality has been exceptional.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2