Apparently this version deleted personalized ringtones from your library and phone. You can only easily get back ones you bought from Apple. You can still add some back manually if it lets you.

It also deletes the app store from iTunes. So that's handled all on your devices now.

I didn't know this until I googled so I restored several times thinking it was my brand new phone.

Just a heads up.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-22-2017 10:32 PM
    Yes, this is a bad move by .
    There's a massive thread of complaints about this on the MacRumors Forum and I don't know why there hasn't been similar coverage and an article about this on iMore.
    olliegrl and PowderBubble like this.
    09-23-2017 04:19 AM
    Apparently this version deleted personalized ringtones from your library and phone. You can only easily get back ones you bought from Apple. You can still add some back manually if it lets you.

It also deletes the app store from iTunes. So that's handled all on your devices now.

I didn't know this until I googled so I restored several times thinking it was my brand new phone.

Just a heads up.
    Thanks for the tip. I’ll be restoring my iPhone 8 as new later today or tomorrow so this is good information for me.
    olliegrl likes this.
    09-23-2017 07:04 AM
    I was able to add my ringtones back by manually dragging them back into iTunes from my file folder. Make sure they're the correct format (m4r)
    That70sGAdawg likes this.
    09-23-2017 08:35 AM
    Yes, this is a bad move by .
    There's a massive thread of complaints about this on the MacRumors Forum and I don't know why there hasn't been similar coverage and an article about this on iMore.
    I called Apple care cause I was sure something was wrong. The guy I talked to didn't even know what the solution was. He put me on hold to ask someone and that's when I figured it out with googling.

I agree. Bad, weird move. But at least it's manageable.
    09-23-2017 08:37 AM
    We could really do with a full review of what can & can't now be achieved with iTunes 12.7.

I'm definitely not updating until this matter is clearer, as it looks like backups made to the Mac will no longer include apps.

Can you guys at iMore look into this please?
    PowderBubble likes this.
    09-23-2017 08:58 AM
    The Apple guy suggested making a backup from my old iPhone and putting it onto my new one. Trouble is, when you plug that old iPhone into iTunes, it syncs and removes ringtones from your old phone therefore corrupting your plans.

Once I figured out the problem, the solution was pretty simple. But the iTunes update that did this was pretty quiet. So quiet even Apple care had no idea.
    09-23-2017 09:38 AM
    I was able to add my ringtones back by manually dragging them back into iTunes from my file folder. Make sure they're the correct format (m4r)
    I had to do the same things, good thing I keep the ringtones (which I spent a lot of time cultivating and creating) in a folder on the computer. Fast drag/drop and they were back. Shows the importance of backing up.
    olliegrl and prettygirl007 like this.
    09-23-2017 11:29 AM
    Ya this was causing me a lot of anger also being as I have made my own custom tones I have used for years.

After reading a lot online, it wasn't that bad to put them back on. Like someone else said, they have to be already converted to .m4r format.

Once the phone is plugged in, click on the phone icon in iTunes. You will see on the left side, a section that says "On the Phone". Under there you should see a Tones section, click on that. Open up the folder in Finder or Explorer for OSX or Windows. Just drag and drop your ringtones into Tones area in Itunes. It will automatically copy them to the phone.
    PowderBubble likes this.
    09-24-2017 11:09 AM