I just ordered a new iPhone 8 Plus. Will be picking it up at the Verizon store this afternoon after work. Any tips or suggestions in moving my info from my old Note 5 to the new iPhone. My pictures and videos are all backed up already via Google Photos.
    09-22-2017 08:22 AM
    There is an option, when you set up, "Move Data from Android." Part of it includes getting a "Move to iOS" app from the Play Store on your current Android phone. The instructions are here, though it should be a simple process.
    libra89, nikkisharif and knotsure like this.
    09-22-2017 09:28 AM
    Welcome to iMore and to . I made the switch in January. Everyone is great in iMore. You found a great Apple community
    bobpet63 and nikkisharif like this.
    09-22-2017 09:47 PM
    Indeed. It's best out there. And believe me I've tried them all
    09-22-2017 09:51 PM
    Ur gonna like how polished iOS is. I've had an android.
    knotsure likes this.
    09-22-2017 09:52 PM
    Welcome to iMore!
    And congratulations on your brand new iPhone!
    09-22-2017 10:51 PM
    This same time last year I made the switch from android to iOS! I was very hesitant. Here I am a year later I had the 6s plus 7plus and now the 8plus and a happy Mac book pro owner. Things that kept me 1 quality built products, 2 everything syncs iMessage on my MacBook is awesome face timing and all! Then the best part it just works the IOS is very smooth and fast. Give it time to get used to it, now I can’t see leaving Mac and iOS FaceTime and iMessage I’m a lifer lol
    09-22-2017 11:28 PM
    I just ordered a new iPhone 8 Plus. Will be picking it up at the Verizon store this afternoon after work. Any tips or suggestions in moving my info from my old Note 5 to the new iPhone. My pictures and videos are all backed up already via Google Photos.
    Congratulations on your new iPhone and welcome to imore .if your new to iPhones all together check out some top 20 feature videos on YouTube to get yourself acquainted .heres a wallpaper or 2 if you'd like
    09-22-2017 11:46 PM
    I'd be curious to hear how the setup went for you. Any issues? And any further questions we might be able to help you with?
    09-23-2017 12:44 AM
    I'd be curious to hear how the setup went for you. Any issues? And any further questions we might be able to help you with?
    Everything was very easy. I used the move to IOS app. Very smooth. Thanks for that tip. Extremely happy with the phone. I ended up with a 256GB in Space Gray. My with and son have had IPhones forever. I was the lone Android user in the house. Now they are both jealous of my new phone.
    09-23-2017 04:58 AM
    Easy transition I switched awhile ago, download a few Google apps from app store sign in and you'll find all your stored info. The iPhone is a very good Google phone.
    09-23-2017 05:16 AM
    I often flirt with the idea of Android cause it's in some ways less complicated (itunes is a nightmare) but at the end of the day, I'd rather have a product as good as the one Apple puts out
    09-23-2017 08:44 AM
    All going well after the switch?
    09-23-2017 12:17 PM
    Everything was very easy. I used the move to IOS app. Very smooth. Thanks for that tip. Extremely happy with the phone. I ended up with a 256GB in Space Gray. My with and son have had IPhones forever. I was the lone Android user in the house. Now they are both jealous of my new phone.
    Glad it went well for you. I hope you enjoy your new iPhone! It should be nice for you to be on the iPhone, since your wife and son have one already -- you'll now be able to use the iMessage features, as well as FaceTime with them.
    09-23-2017 01:14 PM
    Welcome to iMore & Congrats on your new phone
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    09-23-2017 02:10 PM
    Welcome to iMore! We're glad you're here!
    09-23-2017 02:22 PM
    welcome to the  family! enjoy your new iphone, you will love it! make sure to look up “tips, advice, ect” articles, will help you learn how to use your iphone quicker

made the switch when the 5s came out, had blackberries and a galaxy s2 before becoming a lifetime  user! will never look back!
    09-24-2017 12:58 PM
    Congrats! Welcome to imore! I just did the opposite of you, went from a 7+ to the note 8
    09-24-2017 10:24 PM
    Welcome. I switched in January to Apple. I hated my Androids couldn’t get past a yr without issues. And from note 7 to Note5. Had enough
    09-25-2017 01:05 AM
    I have been waffling back and forth. I had all the last models of the iPhone and then decided to go back and try the S8+. Although it was a very nice phone I couldn't look past all the bloatware, curved screen, bixby, and that aspect ratio to name a few.

I received my Silver 256GB on Friday after ordering it Wednesday and I love it. Everything just suits me so much better. I also ordered myself another Apple Watch. Cannot wait to get them and hopefully this 8+ will keep me from switching back again.

I can't seem to keep a phone longer than 6 months without trying something else. Tired of switching all the time. Hoping this one will do the trick!!!
    09-25-2017 02:52 PM
    I really liked the Note 5. Was hoping that the Note 8 would have a non curved screen version. When it didn’t I decided to try the 8 Plus as I have gotten used to the bigger screen. I was initially concerned about the camera quality but it has been great. Also went with the 256GB for plenty of space for movies and games. As well as videos.
    09-25-2017 03:27 PM
    Congrats, I made the switch two years ago after using Android since the OG Droid days and being totally into the Rooting and ROM'ing thing on a number of devices. From an Android perspective, iOS has definitely come a long way in integrating features that only Android used to have that I really enjoyed so it made it easy especially considering the fast OS updates and the polished & tuned hardware/software integration.
    09-28-2017 01:29 PM
    I have been waffling back and forth. I had all the last models of the iPhone and then decided to go back and try the S8+. Although it was a very nice phone I couldn't look past all the bloatware, curved screen, bixby, and that aspect ratio to name a few.

I received my Silver 256GB on Friday after ordering it Wednesday and I love it. Everything just suits me so much better. I also ordered myself another Apple Watch. Cannot wait to get them and hopefully this 8+ will keep me from switching back again.

I can't seem to keep a phone longer than 6 months without trying something else. Tired of switching all the time. Hoping this one will do the trick!!!
    I have been in the same boat. The 7 Plus is the first phone I kept for a full year. During that time I also tried the S8+ for about 2 weeks and the Note 8 for 10 days. Both were amazing phones, especially the Note 8. I have always been surrounded by family, friends and clients that use Apple products. The difference this year has been the addition of a MacBook Pro, Apple Watch and AirPods to my own life. I am in the ecosystem and I am very happy in it. I still appreciate the tech outside of Apple, but what I have right now is working better than any combo that I have used in the past 6-7 years.

I did upgrade from the 7 Plus as well and I love it. I was not going to, but then I got to spend time with the 8 Plus and it is more of an upgrade than all these reviewers are giving it credit for. I will be very happy holding onto it for a year while Apple refines what is now the iPhone X.
    Dukins likes this.
    09-30-2017 07:23 AM
    I go back and forth between iOS and Android. Today, Android is much more polished, more functional, more customizations and you can do more with it, easily.

That said, the CPU muscle and camera, coupled with the Augmented Reality Gaming capabilities, tipped the scales and I decided that I could live with some of the nice features of Android, and give this one a whirl...

So far, it's good.

I hate dealing with iTunes. I hate that I can't just use my 256gb phone as a thumb drive on any computer, the way Android does. I don't like that I can't customize the desktop and only have icons and widgets that I need regularly... The iOS has made strides in some areas, but the basic desktop is a decade old and very antiquated and cluttered.

Google Assistant is much better than Siri, hands down.

CarPlay has gotten better. Android Auto still has an edge, but not by as much as it used to.

Overall, it seems like a solid phone so far. I gave up some stuff, to be sure, but I picked up a few things as a trade off.

The iPhone X, just doesn't impress me. Facial Recognition is a gimick. It's been done before, and most people prefer the finger print scanner. While the new display is the nicest Apple will have offered, it's a Samsung screen and it's a lower spec screen than what current Samsung phones already come with... The Notch at the top? Lazy. You know that if Jobs was still alive, he would have lost his mind when they presented that in a Product meeting. He would have told them to go and fix that s*&t and not come back till it was done... haha

Both platforms have benefits... Android has ease of use, functionality and features that are typically 2 years ahead of iOS... Apple has build quality, battery life and this time around, some serious processing power that lets you do some cool stuff.
    GibMcFragger likes this.
    09-30-2017 08:22 AM
    Mainly an iPhone user, currently on a Note 8, and strongly considering coming back. I love most of what the Note 8 does, but Google Assistant is killing a lot of the enjoyment for me. I find it interesting because it seems to be the opinion of many that Google Assistant is superior to Siri but for me it's just the opposite. When connected via Bluetooth to my car, Siri trounces Google Assistant. I can only get GA to wake up some of the time even though I set up the trusted voice function but Siri works every time. I guess your mileage may vary, but I'll take Siri over GA any day.
    I use my phone a lot in the car to call and text and for the sake of safety I do so hands free and GA isn't allowing me to do that where Siri always did.
    I think my mind is made up. I just have to decide if I want the 7 plus or the 8 plus.
    10-01-2017 09:48 PM
31 12