Switching from Android to 8 Plus

soxfan04

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered a new iPhone 8 Plus. Will be picking it up at the Verizon store this afternoon after work. Any tips or suggestions in moving my info from my old Note 5 to the new iPhone. My pictures and videos are all backed up already via Google Photos.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
There is an option, when you set up, "Move Data from Android." Part of it includes getting a "Move to iOS" app from the Play Store on your current Android phone. The instructions are here, though it should be a simple process.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and to . I made the switch in January. Everyone is great in iMore. You found a great Apple community

Lambertoid

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
This same time last year I made the switch from android to iOS! I was very hesitant. Here I am a year later I had the 6s plus 7plus and now the 8plus and a happy Mac book pro owner. Things that kept me 1 quality built products, 2 everything syncs iMessage on my MacBook is awesome face timing and all! Then the best part it just works the IOS is very smooth and fast. Give it time to get used to it, now I can’t see leaving Mac and iOS FaceTime and iMessage I’m a lifer lol

Moneymiike420

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered a new iPhone 8 Plus. Will be picking it up at the Verizon store this afternoon after work. Any tips or suggestions in moving my info from my old Note 5 to the new iPhone. My pictures and videos are all backed up already via Google Photos.

Congratulations on your new iPhone and welcome to imore .if your new to iPhones all together check out some top 20 feature videos on YouTube to get yourself acquainted .heres a wallpaper or 2 if you'd like
e96f5c634ef325023dc3512edcade95e.jpg
0084f60195d66db56243e0945f2ec0f0.jpg
e8064b7fb22d587a20997bf5d7054fa6.jpg

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I'd be curious to hear how the setup went for you. Any issues? And any further questions we might be able to help you with?

soxfan04

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I'd be curious to hear how the setup went for you. Any issues? And any further questions we might be able to help you with?

Everything was very easy. I used the move to IOS app. Very smooth. Thanks for that tip. Extremely happy with the phone. I ended up with a 256GB in Space Gray. My with and son have had IPhones forever. I was the lone Android user in the house. Now they are both jealous of my new phone.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Easy transition I switched awhile ago, download a few Google apps from app store sign in and you'll find all your stored info. The iPhone is a very good Google phone.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I often flirt with the idea of Android cause it's in some ways less complicated (itunes is a nightmare) but at the end of the day, I'd rather have a product as good as the one Apple puts out

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Everything was very easy. I used the move to IOS app. Very smooth. Thanks for that tip. Extremely happy with the phone. I ended up with a 256GB in Space Gray. My with and son have had IPhones forever. I was the lone Android user in the house. Now they are both jealous of my new phone.

Glad it went well for you. I hope you enjoy your new iPhone! It should be nice for you to be on the iPhone, since your wife and son have one already -- you'll now be able to use the iMessage features, as well as FaceTime with them.

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
welcome to the  family! enjoy your new iphone, you will love it! make sure to look up “tips, advice, ect” articles, will help you learn how to use your iphone quicker

made the switch when the 5s came out, had blackberries and a galaxy s2 before becoming a lifetime  user! will never look back!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Welcome. I switched in January to Apple. I hated my Androids couldn’t get past a yr without issues. And from note 7 to Note5. Had enough

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have been waffling back and forth. I had all the last models of the iPhone and then decided to go back and try the S8+. Although it was a very nice phone I couldn't look past all the bloatware, curved screen, bixby, and that aspect ratio to name a few.

I received my Silver 256GB on Friday after ordering it Wednesday and I love it. Everything just suits me so much better. I also ordered myself another Apple Watch. Cannot wait to get them and hopefully this 8+ will keep me from switching back again.

I can't seem to keep a phone longer than 6 months without trying something else. Tired of switching all the time. Hoping this one will do the trick!!!

soxfan04

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I really liked the Note 5. Was hoping that the Note 8 would have a non curved screen version. When it didn’t I decided to try the 8 Plus as I have gotten used to the bigger screen. I was initially concerned about the camera quality but it has been great. Also went with the 256GB for plenty of space for movies and games. As well as videos.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner