iPhone 8+ Unboxing & Show Off New Phone Thread

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Are we too early to pin a thread for the Unbooxing and Showing Off our new Phone? We're only a few days away! Everyone excited about the new 8-Plus? What's your favorite feature. Once unboxed, show us your new phone, new case, & new accessories. Here is too a great launch and a successful delivery day of 9/22.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'll have mine Friday my check in at the Apple Store is 2:00-2:30. Can't wait.

My home / work is literally 50 yards apart and we're friends with the UPS driver. I will try to bribe her with a Starbucks to come early. Already told my wife Friday night and Saturday day is iPhone day.. make no plans!

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
UPS doesn't usually deliver until after 5:00 at my house, so I'm having the delivery held at my local UPS branch which is only 2 minutes from my office. I have a half day Friday anyway so I should have mine around noon.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Only if you order from Apple, not if you order from a carrier. My Apple store is like 30-40 min away.. UPS is a better choice for me.

Mine is about 20 min away. It's a better choice for me as I'm never home when they try and deliver anything.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the fun challenge where FedEx will deliver my 8+ (carrier) and I have an Apple Store appointment for my Watch Series 3 GPS -- I'm sure (based on some corollary of Murphy's Law) that FedEx will attempt to deliver when I'm supposed to be at the Apple Store.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I cannot WAIT to see the unboxing! LOL! I'm not getting a new phone until Christmas, so in the meantime, I'm living vicariously through everyone else!!!

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Normally I get 3-4 UPS deliveries a week.. this week so far, 0-Zero. I wanted to give my driver a "heads up" for Friday. I may have to flag-her-down!

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Definitely looking forward to seeing ALL the colors. Even though I'm getting an X I'm pretty sure the silver and space gray glass will be the same between them as far as color goes?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Definitely looking forward to seeing ALL the colors. Even though I'm getting an X I'm pretty sure the silver and space gray glass will be the same between them as far as color goes?

Since both are glass front / glass backs I am fairly sure they colors will be identical.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Since both are glass front / glass backs I am fairly sure they colors will be identical.

Yep that's my hope. Trying to get a better idea of what they look like vs. what we saw in all the videos last week. Have seen a few angles where the gray actually looked gray instead of black like it looked in most of them and the silver, well, it always looks white so hoping to get an idea of what it really looks like.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Yep that's my hope. Trying to get a better idea of what they look like vs. what we saw in all the videos last week. Have seen a few angles where the gray actually looked gray instead of black like it looked in most of them and the silver, well, it always looks white so hoping to get an idea of what it really looks like.

Here's a gorgeous video of silver and gold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8i8pnZmk50

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
That Gold looks so nice. I hated the 6 and 7 series gold shade Apple chose. I did however like the Champagne Gold that was used for the 5S.

I also like the Silver too. As others have said, it does look white in some angles.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
That Gold looks so nice. I hated the 6 and 7 series gold shade Apple chose. I did however like the Champagne Gold that was used for the 5S.

I also like the Silver too. As others have said, it does look white in some angles.

I like the gold, I just don't like the white face.. never have.. was so happy to give my Gold iPhone 6 to my wife when I got the 7 Matte Black last year. Black phone & black case = Craig's happy!

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I like the gold, I just don't like the white face.. never have.. was so happy to give my Gold iPhone 6 to my wife when I got the 7 Matte Black last year. Black phone & black case = Craig's happy!

I agree about the Matte Black. I preordered that one last year and that color is my favorite. Matte Black & Black UAG Monarch case equals "my happy". I have always loved that murdered out look on a lot of things, not just phones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods