Now that glass is back and the slippery aluminum is out, how is the grip on glass backed phones. I owned an iphone 4 years ago but can’t remember. I am on the iPhone Upgrade Program with Apple Care Plus so I’m hoping to just go caseless and use it to replace any broken screens. I rarely if ever have dropped any of my iPhones. Just curious if this new glass is strong and grippy, or at least more grippy than the aluminum of the last few iPhones.
    09-17-2017 05:50 PM
    The new glass on the new iPhone models is still “glass” and is breakable. I didn’t put a case on my iPhone 4S and I will not put one on my iPhone 8. A lot of people take extra precautions to protect their iPhone investment, and rightfully so. I’ll get Apple Care + for it and go about business as usual...
    Michial Brown and taz323 like this.
    09-17-2017 05:56 PM
    If you’re not prone to drop your phone it’s such a shame to cover a nice piece of technology. I don’t have a case on my car. The iphone is so nice covering it up obscures it’s design and beauty. But I get it if you aren’t real careful or have a rugged lifestyle or job. Now that I have AppleCare plus I can replace a cracked screen for less than the price of a good case.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-17-2017 06:10 PM
    If you’re not prone to drop your phone it’s such a shame to cover a nice piece of technology. I don’t have a case on my car. The iphone is so nice covering it up obscures it’s design and beauty. But I get it if you aren’t real careful or have a rugged lifestyle or job. Now that I have AppleCare plus I can replace a cracked screen for less than the price of a good case.
    I don't often feel like I will drop my car, it's not that slippery. The iPhone 7 is/was very slippery. If my car was like that I would have bumpers all around.
    ajb1965 likes this.
    09-17-2017 06:38 PM
    The analogy still stands. Cars may not drop but they are in much riskier, high speed out of control traffic situations than the direct control of a hand holding a small electronic device. Thanks for commenting. Like I said to each their own.
    09-17-2017 06:51 PM
    I carry a 7 Plus and a Sammy S8+. The 7 Plus is in a Ringke slim case. The S8+ is very slipper with the glass back. It's also a fingerprint magnet. So, I decided to try a skin. The dbrand dragon skin is great. Extra grip, no extra bulk, and no fingerprints.

I'm planning on an iPhone X, once the availability is confirmed and I can hold it in store. If I do grab it, I'll definitely be going to a skin.
    09-17-2017 07:26 PM
    I’ve had Ringke cases and those are nice slim cases. I’ve never tried a skin. Can you recommend any good ones?
    09-17-2017 07:31 PM
    I’ve had Ringke cases and those are nice slim cases. I’ve never tried a skin. Can you recommend any good ones?
    Well, first off -- I'm biased. That said, I can't imagine any skin fitting better than the dbrand on my S8+. They already have the iPhone 8/8 Plus and X skins on their site. There's a nice configuration tool that lets you choose skins based on your selected device and colour. https://dbrand.com/shop/iphone-8-plus-skins

To give you an idea, here's mine. You can see how closely it fits the device. This is the Dragon.

iPhone 8 Plus Caseless question.-20170907_194149256_ios.jpg
    Michial Brown likes this.
    09-17-2017 07:56 PM
    Thank you. That’s very nice. Looks like it adds a nice grip.
    09-17-2017 08:02 PM
    Let's not ignore the fact that it looks very cool as well. I'm kinda shallow when it comes to that, lol. There are 4 others in my department who have S8's/S8+'s. They've all gone to this after seeing mine. (My first time as a trend-setter!)
    09-17-2017 09:14 PM
    I would recommend having a slim case like the Apple Leather case on, just in case it drops and crack.
    Michial Brown likes this.
    09-19-2017 12:28 AM
    Agree. I’m getting either the silicone or leather.
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-19-2017 12:37 AM
    Agree. I’m getting either the silicone or leather.
    Nice!
    Both are great cases.
    09-19-2017 05:47 AM
    I will need a case, but I want something that won't hide the look of the phone! So, my quest for a clear case that won't yellow continues! I also want a case that goes on and off easily! Any thoughts on case-mate cases?
    09-19-2017 09:02 AM
    Don't forget the following equation (in many instances) - Clear Cases + Glass Backs = Rainbow Effect.
    09-23-2017 08:13 AM
    That’s true with the hard plastic but not most tpu like the Spigen Ultra hybrid. Not one rainbow. It looks and fits and feels excellent. I used to use dou Apple leather and this is so nice
    09-23-2017 11:19 AM
    That’s true with the hard plastic but not most tpu like the Spigen Ultra hybrid. Not one rainbow. It looks and fits and feels excellent. I used to use dou Apple leather and this is so nice
    The issue with the TPU clear cases is that they tend to turn yellow after a few months.
    09-23-2017 03:16 PM
    Not Spigen or incase. I’ve had them for years. Still have some from 3-4 years ago None are yellow
    09-23-2017 04:06 PM
    So I didn’t put a case on my jet black 7 plus till later cuz the micro abrasions were bad. But the 8 plus I love the feel it’s not slippery no case for me.
    09-25-2017 01:35 AM
    Just dropped my phone. On its back. On the bathroom tile floor.
    If put the phone on the towel rack (it’s got a little shelf) while I showered and when I went to grab it, I hit it in the corner and it slipped off the shelf.
    Luckily, I had the Apple leather case. No damage at all.
    If I *EVER* thought I would use the phone without a case, that scare did it.
    Nope.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    10-06-2017 04:10 AM
    Just dropped my phone. On its back. On the bathroom tile floor.
    If put the phone on the towel rack (it’s got a little shelf) while I showered and when I went to grab it, I hit it in the corner and it slipped off the shelf.
    Luckily, I had the Apple leather case. No damage at all.
    If I *EVER* thought I would use the phone without a case, that scare did it.
    Nope.
    Oh boy...
    I’ve had similar scares but I refuse to my learn my lesson and continue to go caseless. We’ll see if that changes when I get my iPhone X in November (with any luck).
    10-06-2017 05:25 AM
    I love the glass back and go naked at home and a small clear case when out. I have Applecare+
    10-25-2017 11:18 AM
    I roll caseless with my 8 plus. The glass is much grippier than the 7 plus aluminum back was. Of course I rolled naked with the 7 plus too 😃

Occasionally I get a case bug and put the Apple Leather case on the phone, but it doesn't stay on for long 😃

The phones are so nice, why cover them up 😃
    10-25-2017 12:42 PM
    I don't often feel like I will drop my car, it's not that slippery. The iPhone 7 is/was very slippery. If my car was like that I would have bumpers all around.
    I agree about "not dropping my car" . That has to be one of the most ridiculous comments ever. All i could do was...smh
    10-25-2017 04:53 PM
    I've never cracked or broken a screen. I've never dented the body of and phone either. I've also never had Apple car or any type of insurance other than a case. Also, through all of this, when I sell my phones, they are immaculate . And for all of the comments about 'the phone is too beautiful to be in a case". It's just a damn phone. Somewhere, common sense has to come into play.
    10-25-2017 04:58 PM
36 12