iPhone 8 Plus Caseless question.

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Now that glass is back and the slippery aluminum is out, how is the grip on glass backed phones. I owned an iphone 4 years ago but can’t remember. I am on the iPhone Upgrade Program with Apple Care Plus so I’m hoping to just go caseless and use it to replace any broken screens. I rarely if ever have dropped any of my iPhones. Just curious if this new glass is strong and grippy, or at least more grippy than the aluminum of the last few iPhones.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The new glass on the new iPhone models is still “glass” and is breakable. I didn’t put a case on my iPhone 4S and I will not put one on my iPhone 8. A lot of people take extra precautions to protect their iPhone investment, and rightfully so. I’ll get Apple Care + for it and go about business as usual...

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If you’re not prone to drop your phone it’s such a shame to cover a nice piece of technology. I don’t have a case on my car. The iphone is so nice covering it up obscures it’s design and beauty. But I get it if you aren’t real careful or have a rugged lifestyle or job. Now that I have AppleCare plus I can replace a cracked screen for less than the price of a good case.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If you’re not prone to drop your phone it’s such a shame to cover a nice piece of technology. I don’t have a case on my car. The iphone is so nice covering it up obscures it’s design and beauty. But I get it if you aren’t real careful or have a rugged lifestyle or job. Now that I have AppleCare plus I can replace a cracked screen for less than the price of a good case.

I don't often feel like I will drop my car, it's not that slippery. The iPhone 7 is/was very slippery. If my car was like that I would have bumpers all around.

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The analogy still stands. Cars may not drop but they are in much riskier, high speed out of control traffic situations than the direct control of a hand holding a small electronic device. Thanks for commenting. Like I said to each their own.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I carry a 7 Plus and a Sammy S8+. The 7 Plus is in a Ringke slim case. The S8+ is very slipper with the glass back. It's also a fingerprint magnet. So, I decided to try a skin. The dbrand dragon skin is great. Extra grip, no extra bulk, and no fingerprints.

I'm planning on an iPhone X, once the availability is confirmed and I can hold it in store. If I do grab it, I'll definitely be going to a skin.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I’ve had Ringke cases and those are nice slim cases. I’ve never tried a skin. Can you recommend any good ones?

Well, first off -- I'm biased. That said, I can't imagine any skin fitting better than the dbrand on my S8+. They already have the iPhone 8/8 Plus and X skins on their site. There's a nice configuration tool that lets you choose skins based on your selected device and colour. https://dbrand.com/shop/iphone-8-plus-skins?utm_mnsid=UUimUvbUpU2987973

To give you an idea, here's mine. You can see how closely it fits the device. This is the Dragon.

20170907_194149256_iOS.jpg

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Let's not ignore the fact that it looks very cool as well. I'm kinda shallow when it comes to that, lol. There are 4 others in my department who have S8's/S8+'s. They've all gone to this after seeing mine. (My first time as a trend-setter!)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I will need a case, but I want something that won't hide the look of the phone! So, my quest for a clear case that won't yellow continues! I also want a case that goes on and off easily! Any thoughts on case-mate cases?

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
That’s true with the hard plastic but not most tpu like the Spigen Ultra hybrid. Not one rainbow. It looks and fits and feels excellent. I used to use dou Apple leather and this is so nice

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
That’s true with the hard plastic but not most tpu like the Spigen Ultra hybrid. Not one rainbow. It looks and fits and feels excellent. I used to use dou Apple leather and this is so nice

The issue with the TPU clear cases is that they tend to turn yellow after a few months.

COMMISSIONERHBK9

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
So I didn’t put a case on my jet black 7 plus till later cuz the micro abrasions were bad. But the 8 plus I love the feel it’s not slippery no case for me.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Just dropped my phone. On its back. On the bathroom tile floor.
If put the phone on the towel rack (it’s got a little shelf) while I showered and when I went to grab it, I hit it in the corner and it slipped off the shelf.
Luckily, I had the Apple leather case. No damage at all.
If I *EVER* thought I would use the phone without a case, that scare did it.
Nope.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711