iPhone 8 Plus Caseless question.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Just dropped my phone. On its back. On the bathroom tile floor.
If put the phone on the towel rack (it’s got a little shelf) while I showered and when I went to grab it, I hit it in the corner and it slipped off the shelf.
Luckily, I had the Apple leather case. No damage at all.
If I *EVER* thought I would use the phone without a case, that scare did it.
Nope.

Oh boy...
I’ve had similar scares but I refuse to my learn my lesson and continue to go caseless. We’ll see if that changes when I get my iPhone X in November (with any luck).

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I roll caseless with my 8 plus. The glass is much grippier than the 7 plus aluminum back was. Of course I rolled naked with the 7 plus too 😃

Occasionally I get a case bug and put the Apple Leather case on the phone, but it doesn't stay on for long 😃

The phones are so nice, why cover them up 😃

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't often feel like I will drop my car, it's not that slippery. The iPhone 7 is/was very slippery. If my car was like that I would have bumpers all around.

I agree about "not dropping my car" . That has to be one of the most ridiculous comments ever. All i could do was...smh

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I've never cracked or broken a screen. I've never dented the body of and phone either. I've also never had Apple car or any type of insurance other than a case. Also, through all of this, when I sell my phones, they are immaculate . And for all of the comments about 'the phone is too beautiful to be in a case". It's just a damn phone. Somewhere, common sense has to come into play.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree about "not dropping my car" . That has to be one of the most ridiculous comments ever. All i could do was...smh

I am not the one that said "He does not put a case on his car, why put one on an iPhone" so my answer makes sense. Of course you would not be dropping the car, that is the whole point. Maybe logic alludes you, not sure.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I am not the one that said "He does not put a case on his car, why put one on an iPhone" so my answer makes sense. Of course you would not be dropping the car, that is the whole point. Maybe logic alludes you, not sure.

I know that you are not the one who said "not dropping my car". I was saying that I agree with you.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I know that you are not the one who said "not dropping my car". I was saying that I agree with you.

Oh, good, thought you were arguing with my response.. I read it or interpreted it wrong. So thank you kindly and Ooops my bad! Enjoy your day and again thanks :)

MeanMark

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Picked up the iPhone 8 Plus yesterday after work, drove home with it in the passenger seat [cloth seats], and put it in a case as soon as I got home. Bought the iPhone 7 Plus last year and the walk through the mall with it in my pockets [not in a case] produces scratches by the time I got home. Not micro abrasions, scratches. So i learned my lesson.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Picked up the iPhone 8 Plus yesterday after work, drove home with it in the passenger seat [cloth seats], and put it in a case as soon as I got home. Bought the iPhone 7 Plus last year and the walk through the mall with it in my pockets [not in a case] produces scratches by the time I got home. Not micro abrasions, scratches. So i learned my lesson.

My routine is always the same.. As I peel off the iPhone protector I immediately put the tempered glass protector on, and then take the reset of the protector off the back and slide it in a case. So in reality my screen has about 10-seconds of time uncovered and the back about the same. Every time I trade in a phone it's literally pristine.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I always pick up an inexpensive wallet flip case off Amazon for all my phones. I don’t like screen protectors but I worry about face drops as I do a lot of hiking etc. These give me a little piece of mind and look decent.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I Can’t go caseless. Accidents happen... I’m an Apple leather fan. I also like rhino shield bumpers but my guess is they won’t work with the wireless charging since the back wouldn’t “touch” the charger

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I never use a phone naked. I have a ton of cases because like to switch them out. I want my phone protected. I am careful but a drop can happen. Phones aren’t cheap. Going to protect

michial

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
35ED1FA6-4239-47E2-B1AF-FA39282A2EAB.jpg17558E95-7E2A-4A87-8DC8-61E55EBD2EC9.jpegSeeing the drop tests and how easily these glass backs shatter and are damaged in comparison with the older aluminum bodies, I decided to get a couple Apple leather cases. I got the product red and the midnight blue for my silver 8 plus. Here’s my midnight blue I’m using now.

soulenigma

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I Can’t go caseless. Accidents happen... I’m an Apple leather fan. I also like rhino shield bumpers but my guess is they won’t work with the wireless charging since the back wouldn’t “touch” the charger

Actually use one once in awhile and it works perfectly well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW