No delays, low sales?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This. I've noticed the in store crowd decreasing over the years and more people are preordering their iPhones.

Over the years people have realized how ridiculous and ancient it is to stand outside a store waiting for something to launch. Retail doesn’t bring out the same number of people to physical stores like it used to.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Over the years people have realized how ridiculous and ancient it is to stand outside a store waiting for something to launch. Retail doesn’t bring out the same number of people to physical stores like it used to.

This is true! If I could order online and have a guaranteed iPhone, why would I roll the dice and wait at a store?

bailbrae

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
This is true! If I could order online and have a guaranteed iPhone, why would I roll the dice and wait at a store?

Exactly. And now with delivery being offered for IUP buyers, seriously no reason to go to store. I mean, if you like the environment, sure. But as much as I love going to my Apple Store, I hate it on launch day. ANY product launch day, but especially iPhone launch day. It's nutso.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. And now with delivery being offered for IUP buyers, seriously no reason to go to store. I mean, if you like the environment, sure. But as much as I love going to my Apple Store, I hate it on launch day. ANY product launch day, but especially iPhone launch day. It's nutso.

I ordered for in store pick up & it was extremely organized & well planned this year. I was in & out in about 10 min. No craziness at all, even though the line for those that didn’t pre-order was really long.

nite732

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Well the last thing I was waiting for on my Iphone evolution was wireless charging. It may not be a big deal to a lot of users but I have been using third party QI wireless chargers for years and though I like the use of the hacks I was using I am more happy with it being built in. I want to keep my home button because I like it more that facial scanning. I used it with Windows Hello. Other than software updates I believe this is the last Iphone I will purchase for a long time. Nothing else can be put into the phone to satisfy me. Unlock the NFC is all I ask.

bailbrae

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I ordered for in store pick up & it was extremely organized & well planned this year. I was in & out in about 10 min. No craziness at all, even though the line for those that didn’t pre-order was really long.

That's awesome! Wonder if it's lower sales, more delivery orders or just better organization. OR a combo of all three, tbh.

I will admit that this time last year I already had my shiny new toy. Despite the insane volume of people at the store. I opted for delivery thinking it would save me trouble, and while it might...I hate waiting! :D

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
That's awesome! Wonder if it's lower sales, more delivery orders or just better organization. OR a combo of all three, tbh.

I will admit that this time last year I already had my shiny new toy. Despite the insane volume of people at the store. I opted for delivery thinking it would save me trouble, and while it might...I hate waiting! :D

In the Boston area, sales aren’t an issue but I’m sure it a combination of things that helped out. Whatever it may be, I’m glad because I was in and out in no time lol

What device are you waiting for?

bailbrae

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
In the Boston area, sales aren’t an issue but I’m sure it a combination of things that helped out. Whatever it may be, I’m glad because I was in and out in no time lol

What device are you waiting for?

I guess it's really not sales here either (ATL area). I checked the store app and my store is sold out of everything. 8 and 8+, all colors and sizes. For AT&T, at any rate.

I'm waiting on 8+ 256 Gold. :D

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I guess it's really not sales here either (ATL area). I checked the store app and my store is sold out of everything. 8 and 8+, all colors and sizes. For AT&T, at any rate.

I'm waiting on 8+ 256 Gold. :D

That gold is awesome!!!!! Wish it came with the black front

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Well the last thing I was waiting for on my Iphone evolution was wireless charging. It may not be a big deal to a lot of users but I have been using third party QI wireless chargers for years and though I like the use of the hacks I was using I am more happy with it being built in. I want to keep my home button because I like it more that facial scanning. I used it with Windows Hello. Other than software updates I believe this is the last Iphone I will purchase for a long time. Nothing else can be put into the phone to satisfy me. Unlock the NFC is all I ask.

NFC is unlocked for reading NFC tags in addition to Apple Pay according to Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73