No delays, low sales?

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
The Verizon site is starting to show models being pushed out to October and others to be pushed out to the end of the month. The customer rage is on!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have waisted a lot of money on my gadgets. Not doing it anymore
Apple works. Period. You get what you pay for.

mc511

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I can see the 8+ being a bit better. But I am basing that off the fact that the screen is a higher resolution. However OLED screens are more efficient.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
But I'm sure those numbers were created in a lab environment. I'm more worried about battery life with actual usage.

I understand but no one is ever going to be able to tell you what Battery life will be for your device...ymmv!! You’ll have to test it for yourself.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
My experience is that with every iteration the change in battery life is minimal. It says "lasts two hours more...", but I hardly notice it lasting even one more hour. I think it has to do with my carrier and the settings they use, but I have given up on trying to make it last anywhere near what Apple has said it is supposed to last. Still gets me through the day with quite a bit to spare, so I cannot complain.

One of my students, who is a fifty year old doctor, has just jumped from a flip phone to a smartphone. He was completely taken aback at how often he has to charge his phone now compared to before. These things really do consume a lot of energy just for daily tasks.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
My experience is that with every iteration the change in battery life is minimal. It says "lasts two hours more...", but I hardly notice it lasting even one more hour. I think it has to do with my carrier and the settings they use, but I have given up on trying to make it last anywhere near what Apple has said it is supposed to last. Still gets me through the day with quite a bit to spare, so I cannot complain.

One of my students, who is a fifty year old doctor, has just jumped from a flip phone to a smartphone. He was completely taken aback at how often he has to charge his phone now compared to before. These things really do consume a lot of energy just for daily tasks.

Yeah you’re right.
The majority of people are using their phones more these days. I need to plug in at least once to twice a day to keep my 7 Plus alive.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Checking my carrier this morning, they show all models of the Plus are "backordered", though they show the 64GB versions will arrive on Wednesday (only a day late). Interestingly, the 256GB Gold version is complete out of stock and cannot be ordered, while the silver 256GB version puts delivery at next Friday.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I pre-ordered through my carrier, (a small carrier, not one of the big 3 lol) on Monday of this week....I received an email saying I would be notified when my device was ready to ship. I ordered an iPhone 8 Plus, Space Grey, 64GB....it's being delivered today....so I'm thinking a lot of people are waiting for the X....otherwise the 8 Plus would be back ordered and I wouldn't have gotten it till October sometime.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
All Verizon iPhones are sold out online & for in store pickup in all 12 Boston area Apple stores. You may be able to take a chance by going to the stores but who knows.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered through my carrier, (a small carrier, not one of the big 3 lol) on Monday of this week....I received an email saying I would be notified when my device was ready to ship. I ordered an iPhone 8 Plus, Space Grey, 64GB....it's being delivered today....so I'm thinking a lot of people are waiting for the X....otherwise the 8 Plus would be back ordered and I wouldn't have gotten it till October sometime.

No necessarily...that’s just specific to your carrier stock.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I just went to my local Verizon to pick up another case since I only have the one case on hand and they were packed. They made me wait in line. Keep in mind I live in a really small Montana town

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods