No delays, low sales?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
How's battery life between the X and 8 Plus?

I bet it's not that significant. Of course we'll know when the X is out, but the fact that Apple said that the X would get 2 more hours of life better than the iPhone 7 and specifically didn't mention the 7 Plus is what tells me that.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I bet it's not that significant. Of course we'll know when the X is out, but the fact that Apple said that the X would get 2 more hours of life better than the iPhone 7 and specifically didn't mention the 7 Plus is what tells me that.

I thought I picked up on the 2 hours over the 7 instead of 7 Plus! What is the battery life improvement from the 7/7 Plus to the 8/8 Plus?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm torn myself but I haven't really seen too many pros for the X aside from the camera. Losing TouchID is a nonissue for me as I can just use FaceID or a code. However I'm more concerned about the battery life and I haven't seen anything comparing the X and 8 Plus in terms of battery.

Even Apple posted it about the same as the 8+ and about 2 more hours than the 8 standard. But everyone uses their phone differently. I have never ran out of battery on my 7 except in early betas.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I thought I picked up on the 2 hours over the 7 instead of 7 Plus! What is the battery life improvement from the 7/7 Plus to the 8/8 Plus?

That's what I mean. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but the 7 Plus gets better battery life than the iPhone 7 does. So Apple decided to tell us how much more battery life the iPhone X gets over the 7 instead of comparing it to the better battery life 7 Plus which would be more interesting.

I'm not sure about the the 7 to 8 battery life. I've read that the batteries in the 8's are slightly smaller but that doesn't necessarily mean less battery life.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
That's what I mean. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but the 7 Plus gets better battery life than the iPhone 7 does. So Apple decided to tell us how much more battery life the iPhone X gets over the 7 instead of comparing it to the better battery life 7 Plus which would be more interesting.

I'm not sure about the the 7 to 8 battery life. I've read that the batteries in the 8's are slightly smaller but that doesn't necessarily mean less battery life.

They did not because it gets about the exact same batter life compared to the iPhone 8+. Not sure where the issue lies, as the Plus versions do better than the non-plus versions. So the X should get about the same batter life as the 7+ and the 8+

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
They did not because it gets about the exact same batter life compared to the iPhone 8+. Not sure where the issue lies, as the Plus versions do better than the non-plus versions. So the X should get about the same batter life as the 7+ and the 8+

Yes, of course. That's my point. It's much more easier to market as "2 hours more battery life than the iPhone 7" than to say "Just about the same battery life as the iPhone 7 Plus". So a 7 Plus user shouldn't expect better battery life out of the iPhone ex than they would a 7 Plus as they most likely would assume if it wasn't brought to their attention.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Yes, of course. That's my point. It's much more easier to market as "2 hours more battery life than the iPhone 7" than to say "Just about the same battery life as the iPhone 7 Plus". So a 7 Plus user shouldn't expect better battery life out of the iPhone ex than they would a 7 Plus as they most likely would assume if it wasn't brought to their attention.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The iconic design is not boring to me. It's classic. It's elegant. It's what's inside that counts. iPhone is beautiful
I don't like the looks of the X...that notch...and if Apple is going to make a design change have the Apple Pencil be compatible with it. Offer a 3rd color and give more for the 999. SD card capabilities as well
I will stick with my 7+ for now and when ready it will be the 8+
I prefer Touch ID too

This!!!

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!
Yeah the A11 processor could be more efficient than the A10 which could result in better battery life with a smaller battery.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

That makes the decision even harder if battery life is the same!

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

It's all about the marketing!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got this off Apple's site. Y'all are beating a dead horse for something that's right online

X battery:
0aa5778c9cc19228542fda8e289b94e2.png

8 Plus:
7b29c8907d618b837f02dc8ed5d70f1c.png

8:
bc6f43acf0558e6daf118f21eba096bb.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

If it weren't for horse beatings, this place would be dead.
The screenshots don't show all comparisons. If the first is the X, it compares it to the iPhone 7, not the iPhone 8 Plus or 7 Plus.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
If it weren't for horse beatings, this place would be dead.
The screenshots don't show all comparisons. If the first is the X, it compares it to the iPhone 7, not the iPhone 8 Plus or 7 Plus.

It does compare it to the 7 but the times are listed below that comparison. Here is the info for the 7 & 7 plus.

7:
860f9e3a5df7a5565b707aa12138d670.png

7 Plus:
a9d0b351ae48bc2d03dd53f14f3d4454.png

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yup. So the X shouldn't be any better than the 8 Plus as I suspect the average consumer would expect because they're paying $200 more.

I'm sure that'll be the case, although I don't understand why. iPhones are pretty decent when it comes to battery life, depending on how you use them, but the X is a smaller form factor with a few more features & we all know Apple has this thinner is better mentality. That $200 is for the screen & some camera features, not battery.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods