No delays, low sales?

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
When I ordered my phone the guy said that I could only have $700 on my lease so I'd have to pay the rest up front. For X that's almost $500 down payment

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
My T-Mobile rep told me that people aren't too thrilled about the price of the iPhone X because the one with higher storage--256Gb--is going to cost $1,149.

I don't know where he got this information, but he said people aren't too thrilled about the price.

I still don’t think that correlates with “low sales”. People complain about pricing on Apple products but buy those same products without a second thought.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I still don’t think that correlates with “low sales”. People complain about pricing on Apple products but buy those same products without a second thought.

Yes but this is the first iPhone that starts at 1K. Before it was the maxed out model that crossed that line.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I doubt it has anything to do with low sales. They're just being spread out amongst the three models, thus more availability. Cutting back on production of color choices may have helped as well.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
My T-Mobile rep told me that people aren't too thrilled about the price of the iPhone X because the one with higher storage--256Gb--is going to cost $1,149.

I don't know where he got this information, but he said people aren't too thrilled about the price.

Yeah for $1,149 that's Sig 1911 or another Breitling territory.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Not only is it $1149, but Apple care is $200.. and if you have a state with Tax, there is tax on the $1149.. so if you get this, case, etc.. you're upwards of $1500 - $1600 for a phone.

Where the T-Mobile person got the info.. I would assume where the rest of us get it, the tons of news articles, interviews and online discussions.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I imagine they've had a lot of customers asking about the X. I can see where what they hear is true. Maybe not so much in the forums, but out in the wild it's different.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Not only is it $1149, but Apple care is $200.. and if you have a state with Tax, there is tax on the $1149.. so if you get this, case, etc.. you're upwards of $1500 - $1600 for a phone.

Where the T-Mobile person got the info.. I would assume where the rest of us get it, the tons of news articles, interviews and online discussions.
You could get a nice MBP for that price. That is difficult to swallow.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
You could get a nice MBP for that price. That is difficult to swallow.

It's why I bailed and went to the iPhone 8+. I really wanted the X, but could not justify the cost, and add to that the removal of the home button, and addition of facial recognition.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
It's why I bailed and went to the iPhone 8+. I really wanted the X, but could not justify the cost, and add to that the removal of the home button, and addition of facial recognition.

Great decision.

If I get an iPhone this year, it'll definitely be the 8 Plus. That pill is easier to swallow, and all iPhone 7 Plus cases will work on it, so that'll help save hundreds of dollars.

The only thing 8 Plus buyers will be missing from the X is the nearly-bezelless display, Animojis, FaceID (TouchID is on the 8 Plus, so this is moot), and OIS on the wide-angle lens. Meh. Everything else is the same.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I went with the 8+ because I used a Android with facial recognition and at best it's odd and clunky and at worse it's difficult and you end up having to type a pin. Also the notch. But price is huge. For the same price of the X I could get a 8+ and new Apple Watch.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Great decision.

If I get an iPhone this year, it'll definitely be the 8 Plus. That pill is easier to swallow, and all iPhone 7 Plus cases will work on it, so that'll help save hundreds of dollars.

The only thing 8 Plus buyers will be missing from the X is the nearly-bezelless display, Animojis, FaceID (TouchID is on the 8 Plus, so this is moot), and OIS on the wide-angle lens. Meh. Everything else is the same.

How's battery life between the X and 8 Plus?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
How's battery life between the X and 8 Plus?

If you’re using apps with a lot of black in their UI, it would be significantly better than the 8Plus, on the other hand, if there’s a lot of white, it will be relatively less..
OLED uses less battery if the screen doesn’t have to show a lot of white.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
If you’re using apps with a lot of black in their UI, it would be significantly better than the 8Plus, on the other hand, if there’s a lot of white, it will be relatively less..
OLED uses less battery if the screen doesn’t have to show a lot of white.

Thanks! I'm debating between the X and the 8 Plus but @MizWylie says to get the 8 Plus. What phone are you going with?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I'm debating between the X and the 8 Plus but @MizWylie says to get the 8 Plus. What phone are you going with?

Since this is the 8-Plus forum, I would think we're mostly going for the 8+. I was totally set on getting the X myself and after more research, debate and restless thoughts I decided on the 8+ and now I am quite happy I made that choice. Actually the title to this tread I think is a bit misleading, low sales. I think when the numbers come out we won't see low sales. Many of the 8+ phones are not 2-3 weeks out for shipping. If there was no X, they would be totally sold out. If Mashable is right and the X will be beyond limited and many will not get a ship date until 2018, the 8+ will be in massive demand.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Since this is the 8-Plus forum, I would think we're mostly going for the 8+. I was totally set on getting the X myself and after more research, debate and restless thoughts I decided on the 8+ and now I am quite happy I made that choice. Actually the title to this tread I think is a bit misleading, low sales. I think when the numbers come out we won't see low sales. Many of the 8+ phones are not 2-3 weeks out for shipping. If there was no X, they would be totally sold out. If Mashable is right and the X will be beyond limited and many will not get a ship date until 2018, the 8+ will be in massive demand.

Yeah I'm torn myself but I haven't really seen too many pros for the X aside from the camera. Losing TouchID is a nonissue for me as I can just use FaceID or a code. However I'm more concerned about the battery life and I haven't seen anything comparing the X and 8 Plus in terms of battery.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods