No delays, low sales?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think we are going to see them diverge into one within a couple years. Maybe have the larger screened model and a smaller (SE sized model) for those who want a smaller size.

I don't see another 4"ish screen iPhone on the horizon at all. Two models though. The current X size, and a larger version with a total screen size of over 6" in a Plus size phone (or close to it).

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I think we are going to see them diverge into one within a couple years. Maybe have the larger screened model and a smaller (SE sized model) for those who want a smaller size.

Agreed. We are in a transition phase of those two design philosophies right now. TBH, I am not thrilled with the X. I really hate the notch, and much prefer LGs take on minimum bezel. But I use iPhones more for iOS than I do for the physical design of the phone.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. We are in a transition phase of those two design philosophies right now. TBH, I am not thrilled with the X. I really hate the notch, and much prefer LGs take on minimum bezel. But I use iPhones more for iOS than I do for the physical design of the phone.

Well said!
The Super 80 in your username, do you fly for American or Delta by chance?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't see another 4"ish screen iPhone on the horizon at all. Two models though. The current X size, and a larger version with a total screen size of over 6" in a Plus size phone (or close to it).

Maybe not 4" but I think we will see a smaller version. Maybe 4.7-5.0" screen in similar size body to current SE

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I agree that Apple gets a pass on having the same design language for the iPhone for 4 generations now.

I also don't think we won't know the answer to the OP until October 27th when the X goes up for pre-order. Something tells me that's the one people are waiting on. I could be wrong though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iconic design is not boring to me. It's classic. It's elegant. It's what's inside that counts. iPhone is beautiful
I don't like the looks of the X...that notch...and if Apple is going to make a design change have the Apple Pencil be compatible with it. Offer a 3rd color and give more for the 999. SD card capabilities as well
I will stick with my 7+ for now and when ready it will be the 8+
I prefer Touch ID too

The iPhone X is a nice looking phone, but I’m with you in regard to that top notch. The section that houses the front camera, etc. is the only negative I see in regard to the display and how it looks.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I was waiting for the X, but changed my mind on the eve of the 15th. I wanted the larger screen, but I don't want to spend $200-#300+ more (tax, case, apple care etc). I am not a fan of the "notch" yet, and I don't like the facial recognition (yet).. plus I doubt I will notice much difference in the OLED screen for my daily use (I don't play games or watch movies).. so the 8+ seems the natural direction.

It is tempting to get either the 8/8+ knowing it’s readily available now to preorder. Congratulations on your 8+!

jayzero76

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
iphone 8 same design and screen. also all accessories are the same. so the price should be way lower than the last four years. for me i will call it iphone 6sss

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
iphone 8 same design and screen. also all accessories are the same. so the price should be way lower than the last four years. for me i will call it iphone 6sss

I would agree if not for the screen, camera, wireless charging, storage, processor, etc..

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the 7+ and pre- ordered the 8+ since I'm in the upgrade program. I think I will cancel the 8+ and order the 10. I'll pre- order it but it's not a problem if I wait a while.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
The iconic design is not boring to me. It's classic. It's elegant. It's what's inside that counts. iPhone is beautiful
I don't like the looks of the X...that notch...and if Apple is going to make a design change have the Apple Pencil be compatible with it. Offer a 3rd color and give more for the 999. SD card capabilities as well
I will stick with my 7+ for now and when ready it will be the 8+
I prefer Touch ID too

I agree that the ionic look is well... Iconic... I love my 7+ and I think the X looks like an Galaxy. I may upgrade at some point to the 8+ but am in no hurry for it and the X does not interest me at all.

I think that there will be a lot of problems with the X with the Face ID

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
My T-Mobile rep told me that people aren't too thrilled about the price of the iPhone X because the one with higher storage--256Gb--is going to cost $1,149.

I don't know where he got this information, but he said people aren't too thrilled about the price.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR