No delays, low sales?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So this seems the first year in forever where the iPhone isn't backlogged by weeks (months) to get the plus model. Will be interesting to see how the X does, wonder if it is due to low demand as people wait?

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I wasn't super impressed with the phones this year. But I bought one cause it is an upgrade for me and I plan on keeping it until it dies.

Maybe others just don't care about this year's new features

If I had had a 7+ 256 gb I wouldn't have upgraded.

duke1231

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The verge just wrote an article with the headline "the IPhone X maybe very difficult to buy until 2018. I like when it's easy To get an iPhone instead of battling people at 3 am in the morning lol

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I gave my matte black 128 GB 7+ to my daughter and ordered a reduced price product red 7+ yesterday. The 7+ is great and the 8+ isnt worth the extra money in my opinion. I'll wait and see how the x and gestures mature for next years batch.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
The iconic design is not boring to me. It's classic. It's elegant. It's what's inside that counts. iPhone is beautiful
I don't like the looks of the X...that notch...and if Apple is going to make a design change have the Apple Pencil be compatible with it. Offer a 3rd color and give more for the 999. SD card capabilities as well
I will stick with my 7+ for now and when ready it will be the 8+
I prefer Touch ID too

mc511

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I placed my order at 2:40pm eastern time and that was for the iphone 8+ 256 gig space gray for ATT and this was through the IPU. I could have gotten it delivered but instead I will opt to pick it up at the Apple store near me september 22nd. I was surprised. I was expecting them to be sold out by that point.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I’m assuming that most people are waiting it out for the X.

I was waiting for the X, but changed my mind on the eve of the 15th. I wanted the larger screen, but I don't want to spend $200-#300+ more (tax, case, apple care etc). I am not a fan of the "notch" yet, and I don't like the facial recognition (yet).. plus I doubt I will notice much difference in the OLED screen for my daily use (I don't play games or watch movies).. so the 8+ seems the natural direction.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I went for the 8+ in gold on Verizon at 1:00 in the am

I keep going back and checking the ship by dates on the product pages and so far they've bounced from 9/22 to 9/29 and back to 9/22 twice in the last 48 hours. The 256 GB models seem to be more popular on Verizon this release cycle. They're actually the ones I've observed bouncing back and forth the most.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I went for the 8+ in gold on Verizon at 1:00 in the am

I keep going back and checking the ship by dates on the product pages and so far they've bounced from 9/22 to 9/29 and back to 9/22 twice in the last 48 hours. The 256 GB models seem to be more popular on Verizon this release cycle. They're actually the ones I've observed bouncing back and forth the most.

I just checked mine on AT&T and it says >> Delivery by date: September 22, 2017

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
The iconic design is not boring to me. It's classic. It's elegant. It's what's inside that counts.

What other manufacturer has used the same design for four generations, the 6, 6s,7, and now the 8? What other manufacturer would not be trash talked for using the same design for four generations?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
What other manufacturer has used the same design for four generations, the 6, 6s,7, and now the 8? What other manufacturer would not be trash talked for using the same design for four generations?

Agree. Samsung gets bashed when they use a similar design for 2 gens, apple gets a pass when they do it for 4.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully, they just learned their lesson & stocked properly. I just ordered an 8 to replace my 6S Plus & I’ll be getting the X to replace my 7 Plus. Having both of these huge devices is difficult depending on what purse I’m carrying or what I’m wearing. Time for a downgrade in size. Makes me regret giving my 6s to my boyfriend last year

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I think Apple for good or bad is establishing two categories here. The classic iPhone design and the next gen iPhone design. if you really think about it, iPhones other than size change, have not substantially changed in terms of looks, until the X that is.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think Apple for good or bad is establishing two categories here. The classic iPhone design and the next gen iPhone design. if you really think about it, iPhones other than size change, have not substantially changed in terms of looks, until the X that is.

I think we are going to see them diverge into one within a couple years. Maybe have the larger screened model and a smaller (SE sized model) for those who want a smaller size.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal