If it weren't for horse beatings, this place would be dead.
    The screenshots don't show all comparisons. If the first is the X, it compares it to the iPhone 7, not the iPhone 8 Plus or 7 Plus.
    It does compare it to the 7 but the times are listed below that comparison. Here is the info for the 7 & 7 plus.

7:

7 Plus:
    09-18-2017 02:52 PM
    If it weren't for horse beatings, this place would be dead.
    This is so true
    09-18-2017 02:54 PM
    Just got this off Apple's site. Y'all are beating a dead horse for something that's right online

X battery:
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8e289b94e2.png

8 Plus:
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8ed5d70f1c.png

8:
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...21eba096bb.png
    So in other words the X and 8 Plus should be comprable in terms of battery life.
    09-18-2017 03:12 PM
    So in other words the X and 8 Plus should be comprable in terms of battery life.
    Yup. So the X shouldn't be any better than the 8 Plus as I suspect the average consumer would expect because they're paying $200 more.
    09-18-2017 03:27 PM
    Yup. So the X shouldn't be any better than the 8 Plus as I suspect the average consumer would expect because they're paying $200 more.
    09-18-2017 03:29 PM
    I'm sure that'll be the case, although I don't understand why. iPhones are pretty decent when it comes to battery life, depending on how you use them, but the X is a smaller form factor with a few more features & we all know Apple has this thinner is better mentality. That $200 is for the screen & some camera features, not battery.
    09-18-2017 03:41 PM
    True, but I still have a decision to make!
    09-18-2017 03:49 PM
    That $200 is for the screen & some camera features, not battery.
    Correct, but for the price it should have better battery life.
    09-18-2017 03:51 PM
    Correct, but for the price it should have better battery life.
    Agreed but we say the same thing every year and this just doesn’t seem to be on Apple’s radar. I’m a heavy user & typically don’t have any issues, but I wouldn’t mind a larger battery.
    09-18-2017 04:05 PM
    The Verizon site is starting to show models being pushed out to October and others to be pushed out to the end of the month. The customer rage is on!
    09-18-2017 04:50 PM
    I have waisted a lot of money on my gadgets. Not doing it anymore
    Apple works. Period. You get what you pay for.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-18-2017 05:26 PM
    You get what you pay for.
    That’s a stretch at best
    09-18-2017 05:44 PM
    How's battery life between the X and 8 Plus?
    Both devices will be about the same as the 7+, according to Apple's official spec sheets.
    09-18-2017 05:54 PM
    I can see the 8+ being a bit better. But I am basing that off the fact that the screen is a higher resolution. However OLED screens are more efficient.
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    09-18-2017 08:39 PM
    Both devices will be about the same as the 7+, according to Apple's official spec sheets.
    But I'm sure those numbers were created in a lab environment. I'm more worried about battery life with actual usage.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    09-18-2017 08:59 PM
    But I'm sure those numbers were created in a lab environment. I'm more worried about battery life with actual usage.
    I understand but no one is ever going to be able to tell you what Battery life will be for your device...ymmv!! You’ll have to test it for yourself.
    09-18-2017 09:44 PM
    My experience is that with every iteration the change in battery life is minimal. It says "lasts two hours more...", but I hardly notice it lasting even one more hour. I think it has to do with my carrier and the settings they use, but I have given up on trying to make it last anywhere near what Apple has said it is supposed to last. Still gets me through the day with quite a bit to spare, so I cannot complain.

One of my students, who is a fifty year old doctor, has just jumped from a flip phone to a smartphone. He was completely taken aback at how often he has to charge his phone now compared to before. These things really do consume a lot of energy just for daily tasks.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-22-2017 03:34 AM
    My experience is that with every iteration the change in battery life is minimal. It says "lasts two hours more...", but I hardly notice it lasting even one more hour. I think it has to do with my carrier and the settings they use, but I have given up on trying to make it last anywhere near what Apple has said it is supposed to last. Still gets me through the day with quite a bit to spare, so I cannot complain.

One of my students, who is a fifty year old doctor, has just jumped from a flip phone to a smartphone. He was completely taken aback at how often he has to charge his phone now compared to before. These things really do consume a lot of energy just for daily tasks.
    Yeah you’re right.
    The majority of people are using their phones more these days. I need to plug in at least once to twice a day to keep my 7 Plus alive.
    09-22-2017 03:58 AM
    09-22-2017 08:01 AM
    That’s great. More for me when Xmas comes along for when I’ll get ours.
    09-22-2017 08:42 AM
    Checking my carrier this morning, they show all models of the Plus are "backordered", though they show the 64GB versions will arrive on Wednesday (only a day late). Interestingly, the 256GB Gold version is complete out of stock and cannot be ordered, while the silver 256GB version puts delivery at next Friday.
    09-22-2017 08:44 AM
    I pre-ordered through my carrier, (a small carrier, not one of the big 3 lol) on Monday of this week....I received an email saying I would be notified when my device was ready to ship. I ordered an iPhone 8 Plus, Space Grey, 64GB....it's being delivered today....so I'm thinking a lot of people are waiting for the X....otherwise the 8 Plus would be back ordered and I wouldn't have gotten it till October sometime.
    09-22-2017 10:36 AM
    All Verizon iPhones are sold out online & for in store pickup in all 12 Boston area Apple stores. You may be able to take a chance by going to the stores but who knows.
    09-22-2017 10:42 AM
    I pre-ordered through my carrier, (a small carrier, not one of the big 3 lol) on Monday of this week....I received an email saying I would be notified when my device was ready to ship. I ordered an iPhone 8 Plus, Space Grey, 64GB....it's being delivered today....so I'm thinking a lot of people are waiting for the X....otherwise the 8 Plus would be back ordered and I wouldn't have gotten it till October sometime.
    No necessarily...that’s just specific to your carrier stock.
    09-22-2017 10:43 AM
    I just went to my local Verizon to pick up another case since I only have the one case on hand and they were packed. They made me wait in line. Keep in mind I live in a really small Montana town
    09-22-2017 10:44 AM
118 ... 2345