My T-Mobile rep told me that people aren't too thrilled about the price of the iPhone X because the one with higher storage--256Gb--is going to cost $1,149.

I don't know where he got this information, but he said people aren't too thrilled about the price.
    Not only is it $1149, but Apple care is $200.. and if you have a state with Tax, there is tax on the $1149.. so if you get this, case, etc.. you're upwards of $1500 - $1600 for a phone.

Where the T-Mobile person got the info.. I would assume where the rest of us get it, the tons of news articles, interviews and online discussions.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-17-2017 06:41 PM
    My T-Mobile rep told me that people aren't too thrilled about the price of the iPhone X because the one with higher storage--256Gb--is going to cost $1,149.

I don't know where he got this information, but he said people aren't too thrilled about the price.
    I imagine they've had a lot of customers asking about the X. I can see where what they hear is true. Maybe not so much in the forums, but out in the wild it's different.
    09-17-2017 06:59 PM
    Not only is it $1149, but Apple care is $200.. and if you have a state with Tax, there is tax on the $1149.. so if you get this, case, etc.. you're upwards of $1500 - $1600 for a phone.

Where the T-Mobile person got the info.. I would assume where the rest of us get it, the tons of news articles, interviews and online discussions.
    You could get a nice MBP for that price. That is difficult to swallow.
    ladyc0524 and DMP89145 like this.
    09-17-2017 07:13 PM
    You could get a nice MBP for that price. That is difficult to swallow.
    It's why I bailed and went to the iPhone 8+. I really wanted the X, but could not justify the cost, and add to that the removal of the home button, and addition of facial recognition.
    anon(5630457) likes this.
    09-17-2017 08:48 PM
    It's why I bailed and went to the iPhone 8+. I really wanted the X, but could not justify the cost, and add to that the removal of the home button, and addition of facial recognition.
    Great decision.

If I get an iPhone this year, it'll definitely be the 8 Plus. That pill is easier to swallow, and all iPhone 7 Plus cases will work on it, so that'll help save hundreds of dollars.

The only thing 8 Plus buyers will be missing from the X is the nearly-bezelless display, Animojis, FaceID (TouchID is on the 8 Plus, so this is moot), and OIS on the wide-angle lens. Meh. Everything else is the same.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-17-2017 09:52 PM
    I went with the 8+ because I used a Android with facial recognition and at best it's odd and clunky and at worse it's difficult and you end up having to type a pin. Also the notch. But price is huge. For the same price of the X I could get a 8+ and new Apple Watch.
    RobertP1 and anon(427874) like this.
    09-18-2017 06:37 AM
    Great decision.

If I get an iPhone this year, it'll definitely be the 8 Plus. That pill is easier to swallow, and all iPhone 7 Plus cases will work on it, so that'll help save hundreds of dollars.

The only thing 8 Plus buyers will be missing from the X is the nearly-bezelless display, Animojis, FaceID (TouchID is on the 8 Plus, so this is moot), and OIS on the wide-angle lens. Meh. Everything else is the same.
    How's battery life between the X and 8 Plus?
    09-18-2017 10:57 AM
    If you’re using apps with a lot of black in their UI, it would be significantly better than the 8Plus, on the other hand, if there’s a lot of white, it will be relatively less..
    OLED uses less battery if the screen doesn’t have to show a lot of white.
    09-18-2017 11:01 AM
    If you’re using apps with a lot of black in their UI, it would be significantly better than the 8Plus, on the other hand, if there’s a lot of white, it will be relatively less..
    OLED uses less battery if the screen doesn’t have to show a lot of white.
    Thanks! I'm debating between the X and the 8 Plus but @MizWylie says to get the 8 Plus. What phone are you going with?
    09-18-2017 12:29 PM
    Thanks! I'm debating between the X and the 8 Plus but @MizWylie says to get the 8 Plus. What phone are you going with?
    Since this is the 8-Plus forum, I would think we're mostly going for the 8+. I was totally set on getting the X myself and after more research, debate and restless thoughts I decided on the 8+ and now I am quite happy I made that choice. Actually the title to this tread I think is a bit misleading, low sales. I think when the numbers come out we won't see low sales. Many of the 8+ phones are not 2-3 weeks out for shipping. If there was no X, they would be totally sold out. If Mashable is right and the X will be beyond limited and many will not get a ship date until 2018, the 8+ will be in massive demand.
    09-18-2017 12:32 PM
    Since this is the 8-Plus forum, I would think we're mostly going for the 8+. I was totally set on getting the X myself and after more research, debate and restless thoughts I decided on the 8+ and now I am quite happy I made that choice. Actually the title to this tread I think is a bit misleading, low sales. I think when the numbers come out we won't see low sales. Many of the 8+ phones are not 2-3 weeks out for shipping. If there was no X, they would be totally sold out. If Mashable is right and the X will be beyond limited and many will not get a ship date until 2018, the 8+ will be in massive demand.
    Yeah I'm torn myself but I haven't really seen too many pros for the X aside from the camera. Losing TouchID is a nonissue for me as I can just use FaceID or a code. However I'm more concerned about the battery life and I haven't seen anything comparing the X and 8 Plus in terms of battery.
    09-18-2017 12:35 PM
    I bet it's not that significant. Of course we'll know when the X is out, but the fact that Apple said that the X would get 2 more hours of life better than the iPhone 7 and specifically didn't mention the 7 Plus is what tells me that.
    09-18-2017 12:48 PM
    I bet it's not that significant. Of course we'll know when the X is out, but the fact that Apple said that the X would get 2 more hours of life better than the iPhone 7 and specifically didn't mention the 7 Plus is what tells me that.
    I thought I picked up on the 2 hours over the 7 instead of 7 Plus! What is the battery life improvement from the 7/7 Plus to the 8/8 Plus?
    09-18-2017 12:50 PM
    Yeah I'm torn myself but I haven't really seen too many pros for the X aside from the camera. Losing TouchID is a nonissue for me as I can just use FaceID or a code. However I'm more concerned about the battery life and I haven't seen anything comparing the X and 8 Plus in terms of battery.
    Even Apple posted it about the same as the 8+ and about 2 more hours than the 8 standard. But everyone uses their phone differently. I have never ran out of battery on my 7 except in early betas.
    09-18-2017 12:51 PM
    I thought I picked up on the 2 hours over the 7 instead of 7 Plus! What is the battery life improvement from the 7/7 Plus to the 8/8 Plus?
    That's what I mean. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but the 7 Plus gets better battery life than the iPhone 7 does. So Apple decided to tell us how much more battery life the iPhone X gets over the 7 instead of comparing it to the better battery life 7 Plus which would be more interesting.

I'm not sure about the the 7 to 8 battery life. I've read that the batteries in the 8's are slightly smaller but that doesn't necessarily mean less battery life.
    09-18-2017 01:00 PM
    That's what I mean. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but the 7 Plus gets better battery life than the iPhone 7 does. So Apple decided to tell us how much more battery life the iPhone X gets over the 7 instead of comparing it to the better battery life 7 Plus which would be more interesting.

I'm not sure about the the 7 to 8 battery life. I've read that the batteries in the 8's are slightly smaller but that doesn't necessarily mean less battery life.
    They did not because it gets about the exact same batter life compared to the iPhone 8+. Not sure where the issue lies, as the Plus versions do better than the non-plus versions. So the X should get about the same batter life as the 7+ and the 8+
    09-18-2017 01:06 PM
    They did not because it gets about the exact same batter life compared to the iPhone 8+. Not sure where the issue lies, as the Plus versions do better than the non-plus versions. So the X should get about the same batter life as the 7+ and the 8+
    Yes, of course. That's my point. It's much more easier to market as "2 hours more battery life than the iPhone 7" than to say "Just about the same battery life as the iPhone 7 Plus". So a 7 Plus user shouldn't expect better battery life out of the iPhone ex than they would a 7 Plus as they most likely would assume if it wasn't brought to their attention.
    09-18-2017 01:13 PM
    Yes, of course. That's my point. It's much more easier to market as "2 hours more battery life than the iPhone 7" than to say "Just about the same battery life as the iPhone 7 Plus". So a 7 Plus user shouldn't expect better battery life out of the iPhone ex than they would a 7 Plus as they most likely would assume if it wasn't brought to their attention.
    09-18-2017 01:13 PM
    The iconic design is not boring to me. It's classic. It's elegant. It's what's inside that counts. iPhone is beautiful
    I don't like the looks of the X...that notch...and if Apple is going to make a design change have the Apple Pencil be compatible with it. Offer a 3rd color and give more for the 999. SD card capabilities as well
    I will stick with my 7+ for now and when ready it will be the 8+
    I prefer Touch ID too
    This!!!
    Jude526 likes this.
    09-18-2017 01:20 PM
    Even Apple posted it about the same as the 8+ and about 2 more hours than the 8 standard. But everyone uses their phone differently. I have never ran out of battery on my 7 except in early betas.
    Thanks!
    09-18-2017 01:22 PM

Thanks!
    Yeah the A11 processor could be more efficient than the A10 which could result in better battery life with a smaller battery.
    09-18-2017 01:24 PM
    That makes the decision even harder if battery life is the same!
    09-18-2017 01:25 PM
    It's all about the marketing!
    09-18-2017 01:25 PM
    Just got this off Apple's site. Y'all are beating a dead horse for something that's right online

X battery:

8 Plus:

8:
    09-18-2017 01:26 PM
    Just got this off Apple's site. Y'all are beating a dead horse for something that's right online

X battery:
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8e289b94e2.png

8 Plus:
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8ed5d70f1c.png

8:
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...21eba096bb.png

If it weren't for horse beatings, this place would be dead.
    The screenshots don't show all comparisons. If the first is the X, it compares it to the iPhone 7, not the iPhone 8 Plus or 7 Plus.
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    09-18-2017 01:46 PM
118 12345