Does the iPhone 8 Plus include a wireless charger?

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Wirelesscharger

I’m so glad Apple chose Qi and didn’t make some goofy half baked thing that only worked with iPhones. Really nice to use my existing qi stuff

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I’m so glad Apple chose Qi and didn’t make some goofy half baked thing that only worked with iPhones. Really nice to use my existing qi stuff

Half baked?? I’m trying very hard not to be that guy but has Apple ever left us with an half baked solution?

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Half baked?? I’m trying very hard not to be that guy but has Apple ever left us with an half baked solution?

And as far as Apple and half baked, I present: Ping, Newton, Mobile Me, Apple’s iOS Notification Center, the Apple mouse that can’t be used while being charged.

Those are off the top of my head lol. I’m not hear to bash Apple. I love Apple. Which is why I give them too much money. But yeah they have had their share of half baked.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I consider lighting half naked. It’s time to move to usb c.

Yeah, that’s personal. Apple has always been one to use proprietary accessories. Maybe they will and maybe they won’t move away from lightning. Apparently this year was not the time to do so.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, that’s personal. Apple has always been one to use proprietary accessories. Maybe they will and maybe they won’t move away from lightning. Apparently this year was not the time to do so.

Just think it’s dumb I can’t charge my iPhone on my touchbar pro without a dongle lol

duke1231

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

So, can I use this Samsung fast charger with the iPhone wall plug, that comes with the 8 plus?

Attachments

• 5EE19586-5EA7-484A-9B62-6D223E804F37.jpeg
    5EE19586-5EA7-484A-9B62-6D223E804F37.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I consider lighting half naked. It’s time to move to usb c.

I'm not sure you'll see Apple ditch the Lightning connector on the iPhone for USB-C. At least part of it is how thin the lightning is, even compared to USB-C. I will agree that it is past time that Apple changed the cable that comes with the iPhone to a USB-C to Lightning, with a USB-C power adapter. Especially with the 8/Plus/X phones having a fast charge ability, it really seems like a money grab; since to get fast charging you not only have to buy the larger power brick but, since it is a USB-C device, you have to buy the cable as well.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

So, can I use this Samsung fast charger with the iPhone wall plug, that comes with the 8 plus?

Yes, it's a Qi Charger.. per Amazon. So you can use the charger.. but you want a different adapter. The one that comes with the phone does not have enough power.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I've had this Powerbot wireless charger (or one just like it) since about 2014, when I bought it for a Nexus 5. It's $9 and has worked well, being pretty much constantly being plugged in for the last 3 years, and it charges my iPhone 8 Plus. It appears to come with a cord (I really don't remember, at this point) so you can just plug it into your Apple power block. While it is relatively small, I've never had an issue with my phones -- it has a rubber ring on the top and bottom which keeps it, and the items on top, from moving easily. For $9, you can't go wrong.

duke1231

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

Yea, I gave it a try, and for now I’ll put on the wireless charger when I go to bed. It gave me a charge, but I only went from 53% to 73% in 45 minutes lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro