Does the iPhone 8 Plus include a wireless charger?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Wirelesscharger

On my way home from the Apple store this coming Friday, I plan to charge my new iPhone 8 via the built-in wireless charger in my car. I’m eagerly looking forward to that.

Last edited:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Wirelesscharger

- I just ordered (2) - Turbot 3-Coil QI Wireless Charging Phone Stands. Took me a while to decide on which ones. Most don't come with either cables or adapters. Amazon has a lot on sale (as per post above) well under $20.

The wall charger brick part- which one should i use? the one that came with the phone or one like the iPad? I have a number of bricks around the house. Don't want to over or undercharge. I am new to the wireless charging world. I use the iPad one for my phone all the time-

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site

From what I understand, in order to allow for fast charging (once the software update is released) a USB-C cable is needed and only a USB-A cable is included. So if buying a wireless charger, it needs to have a USB-C cable. I think the power rating (at least on some of the initial devices I've seen) is 7.5w. I believe the iPhone brick is less but maybe the iPad brick is that size?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

From what I understand, in order to allow for fast charging (once the software update is released) a USB-C cable is needed and only a USB-A cable is included. So if buying a wireless charger, it needs to have a USB-C cable. I think the power rating (at least on some of the initial devices I've seen) is 7.5w. I believe the iPhone brick is less but maybe the iPad brick is that size?

Not necessarily thinking for fast charge. Thinking more the overnight variety. I just want to be safe. Not sure why they can’t charge more and include it.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

The wall charger brick part- which one should i use? the one that came with the phone or one like the iPad? I have a number of bricks around the house. Don't want to over or undercharge. I am new to the wireless charging world. I use the iPad one for my phone all the time-

I purchased new ones, I think it said a 2A charger.