The best cases and accessories for iPhone 8 Plus!

Nov 5, 2017
Visit site
This is a great thread for discovering new cases! I tend to prefer cases with lots of protection and some bulk to them. For my 8 Plus I went with an Otterbox Defender. I also like the Speck Presidio Grip which is much lighter but still offers good drop protection.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Are these easy to put on?

That's the first one I bought on the night I got my 8 Plus. It was a Speck for the 6 Plus/7 Plus, and I figured I'd use it temporarily until I could get a Spigen case. For me personally, I could not remove the case once it was put on. My husband had to remove it by prying the sides of the case up, while I sat there cringing and stressing that my new 8 Plus would crack. I definitely do not recommend a Speck case designed for the 6 Plus/7 Plus to use on an 8 Plus. The 8 Plus is just a tad taller than the previous Plus models, so those cases are going to be tight. Dummy me learned this after wasting cash on two different cases.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
That's the first one I bought on the night I got my 8 Plus. It was a Speck for the 6 Plus/7 Plus, and I figured I'd use it temporarily until I could get a Spigen case. For me personally, I could not remove the case once it was put on. My husband had to remove it by prying the sides of the case up, while I sat there cringing and stressing that my new 8 Plus would crack. I definitely do not recommend a Speck case designed for the 6 Plus/7 Plus to use on an 8 Plus. The 8 Plus is just a tad taller than the previous Plus models, so those cases are going to be tight. Dummy me learned this after wasting cash on two different cases.

That's why I avoid Speck Cases. I tried one, and it was really difficult to put on. So I avoid them, even though they look great!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That's why I avoid Speck Cases. I tried one, and it was really difficult to put on. So I avoid them, even though they look great!

Last one I had was difficult as well (for my 6s, which lead me to ultimately start using the Apple cases). I do like them but wow they can be tough to put on and remove.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
The most difficult case I EVER put on my iPhone was this Case-Mate.. I freaked out for a good 20 minutes in the store.. BEWARE!! LOL

d3fba86c9048e2bfb32e5969836e6937.jpg

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
After seeing several mentions of Sonix cases I had to check them out. The silicone Apple cases are my favorite and I have 2 of them for my 6S Plus.
The Sonix cases looked fabulous though and got great reviews so I ordered one that said it was for the 7 and 8 Plus.
Of course I don’t have an 8 Plus yet ( waiting to see if Verizon has one of those great sales around Thanksgiving like they did last year with the 7) but I’ve received the case and it works with my 6S Plus too for now.
I really like it. It has a raised lip that will protect your screen but it is not bulky. It’s clear with a floral pattern and will look good with which ever color - gold or space gray - I decide to go with.
However it does not have the great feel and grip of the Apple cases.
Still love it though. ( Will probably get a new Apple case also when the time comes. :) )

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have any input about the Spigen phone rings?
I am thinking about getting one of the Rose Gold ones for my wife as a Xmas gift.
She uses an Otterbox Symmetry case on her phone. So i am wondering if it would stick to that.
Also, how do these rings work with wireless charging?

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have any input about the Spigen phone rings?
I am thinking about getting one of the Rose Gold ones for my wife as a Xmas gift.
She uses an Otterbox Symmetry case on her phone. So i am wondering if it would stick to that.
Also, how do these rings work with wireless charging?

You couldn’t lay the phone on the charger (flat or easel) with the ring on the back. It would hold the phone too far away from the charger. At least if you’re talking about the rings you stick on the back of a case to help hold the phone?

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
You couldn’t lay the phone on the charger (flat or easel) with the ring on the back. It would hold the phone too far away from the charger. At least if you’re talking about the rings you stick on the back of a case to help hold the phone?

Yeah those are the ones I am talking about. Thanks. I probably won’t end up getting it for her then. She would hate to get rid of the wireless charger now.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I love my Apple silicone case!
And does anyone have a good suggestion for a QI wireless stand?

I have a TYLT and a Spigen easel style wireless charger. I’ve had them for a while - used them with Android phones in the past. Both are great and work very well. I’m assuming they will work well with the new iPhones too - plan to use them with the 8 Plus when I get it.
Nice thing about the easel style is it isn’t as easy to dislodge the phone from the “sweet spot” and have it quit charging.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
(Warning: venting about to commence): I think I'm going to make myself go certifiably insane just in trying to decide on a case. I'm going to get the gold 8+ in december. I'm trying to decide on a case that will show off the awesome looks of the phone, but protect it at the same time. The case I have for my 6s is no longer made. I want a clear case that doesn't yellow, that is easy to take on and off, and that offers awesome protection for the phone! Is that too much to ask for? LOL!

I went to Best Buy last night to see some cases in person. Of course, inventory was down because their black friday promotion kicked off yesterday. I did snap some pictures and have been researching them. I'm not impressed and pretty much back to square one. SIGH! So I will continue reading and researching and hanging out here in hopes of discovering the perfect solution to my quest!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
(Warning: venting about to commence): I think I'm going to make myself go certifiably insane just in trying to decide on a case. I'm going to get the gold 8+ in december. I'm trying to decide on a case that will show off the awesome looks of the phone, but protect it at the same time. The case I have for my 6s is no longer made. I want a clear case that doesn't yellow, that is easy to take on and off, and that offers awesome protection for the phone! Is that too much to ask for? LOL!

I went to Best Buy last night to see some cases in person. Of course, inventory was down because their black friday promotion kicked off yesterday. I did snap some pictures and have been researching them. I'm not impressed and pretty much back to square one. SIGH! So I will continue reading and researching and hanging out here in hopes of discovering the perfect solution to my quest!

The clear TPU does tend to yellow. I had one I loved that turned blue from the pockets of my jeans. If you get the hard/crystal ones that are not TPU they just scratch.

Now I go with non-clear and save myself the aggravation.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

I just bought this Spigen glitter case for my X and I absolutely love it. It’s very protective, similar to Speck glitter candy shell and very easy to take on and off and buttons are so easy to click! I highly recommend this case.

Here’s the link for the 8 Plus..

Spigen Liquid Crystal [2nd Generation] iPhone 8 Plus Case / iPhone 7 Plus Case with Premium Clarity for Apple iPhone 8 Plus (2017) / iPhone 7 Plus (2016) - Glitter Crystal Quartz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y45F9C...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3017001

And here is a pic of my X in this case. Is so gorgeous
cf5cf4692ce15c2ea0f77ecd69a3dc00.jpeg