The best cases and accessories for iPhone 8 Plus!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I meant Slippery.

There's more than a dozen different types of leather, and different methods in tanning. Real leather can indeed be extremely slippery, or it can be rough in that you wouldn't slide on it if you were wearing a pair of jeans (think sofa or chair). Some leather you can sew with a regular presser foot because it's slippery enough to slide under the presser foot nice and easy. Other leather can be rough in that you would need a teflon coated presser foot to sew it with.

In a nutshell.... the leather on the Apple cases is working as intended. It will show cracks, shine, and discoloration (ie; patina). It says as much in the description.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Getting Apple silicone just not sure if I want the white or cobalt blue for my silver 256gb.

May pick up a charging base for it too (wireless). Just not sure which one? Maybe the Mophie at the Apple Store because I'm not sure about using one that they don't sell...

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Getting Apple silicone just not sure if I want the white or cobalt blue for my silver 256gb.

May pick up a charging base for it too (wireless). Just not sure which one? Maybe the Mophie at the Apple Store because I'm not sure about using one that they don't sell...

Both? :p

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I have 3 wireless chargers, none of them Apple or Morphie. I have one in my car, one on my desk at work and one by my bed for nightime. All work great. Don't overthink it.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

You really don't need to worry about if Apple sells the wireless charger or not, as others have stated. This is the advantage of Apple using an industry wireless charging standard. I have on that is a few years old, just a very cheap one (like this one, just a different color) that I bought to use with a Nexus 5 that works fine with the iPhone 8 Plus. I also recently bought this one, I like that it is a stand so I can use my phone easily while it sits on the charger. It has two coils, so it can charge the phone regardless if you set the phone in landscape or portrait mode on the stand -- and will be able to "fast charge" the device if Apple updates the software on the phones. Though keep in mind that wireless "fast charging" is about the same speed as using the adapter that comes with the iPhone -- it isn't fast like if you use an iMac charger.

You can get an equally good wireless Qi charger, but pay half as much, if you look for one you like on Amazon or other retailers. There are also lots of articles, including by iMore, that list some of the better Qi chargers available.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Got the white silicone, most colors were out. But I have the Silver 256gb so it's all good... looks like my Silver 6s but bigger!

CawlidgeHawkey

May 30, 2016
Visit site
a674d16a9264fd774e3ed3dfc488abe1.jpg

I picked up this clear/pink LAUT case for my silver 8+ at Target for $45. Added my galaxy popsocket for better handling.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
e277e729526270d73486a556cfd3545d.jpg

Picked up a Spigen Neo Hybrid in Pale Dogwood. The photo doesn’t do it justice, it’s absolutely gorgeous and fits my 8 Plus perfectly. Very happy.

CawlidgeHawkey

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Anyone using a wireless charger and a pop socket? Probably have to take it off to do so.

I haven't tried it yet, but I've been reading elsewhere that popsockets don't play well with the wireless chargers. I've heard from a couple people that th charger connects initially, but then disconnects.

Just passing along what I've read/heard

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner