I like the Silk cases. Cheap and look nice.
    10-16-2017 02:39 PM
    I wound up buying a Pitaka case. I had an Evutec Karbon S case for my previous iPhone, and I really missed how slim the case was. The Pitaka case looks exactly like that Evutec case.
    Out of the other three cases I mentioned in a previous post, I would say the Wally Ether case is my second favorite case. I can't believe how thin it is compared to other card cases I've used in the past. Unfortunately, I don't have much of a social life, so I don't need to have my cards with me that often.
    10-17-2017 12:05 PM
    Really poor quality the Apple leather cases, have been sent 2 both with streaks diagonally all down the back, and as slippery as. For $75AUD here not with it, ended up ordering a Nomad for half that with delivery from NZ seller lol..

I do a lot of sewing and am more familiar than most with different types of fabric. The leather that Apple uses for their cases will have a natural patina over time. Scratches, darkening, and shine is what "patina" is. If there's a natural crease, no matter how slight, the natural oils from your skin are going to make those creases stand out. It's supposed to do that. That type of leather is working as intended.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-17-2017 12:59 PM
    Real leather is not like a bar of soap though.
    10-17-2017 07:28 PM

Not sure where soap plays a role in this at all.
    rdmedina7 likes this.
    10-18-2017 02:57 AM
    The iPhone 7 Plus Black  leather case!
    10-18-2017 04:52 AM
    Real Leather is not like a cement block either. I am not sure of the point? Maybe I need more coffee... anyone doing a Starbucks run?
    10-18-2017 12:53 PM
    I meant Slippery.
    10-18-2017 04:17 PM
    I meant Slippery.
    There's more than a dozen different types of leather, and different methods in tanning. Real leather can indeed be extremely slippery, or it can be rough in that you wouldn't slide on it if you were wearing a pair of jeans (think sofa or chair). Some leather you can sew with a regular presser foot because it's slippery enough to slide under the presser foot nice and easy. Other leather can be rough in that you would need a teflon coated presser foot to sew it with.

In a nutshell.... the leather on the Apple cases is working as intended. It will show cracks, shine, and discoloration (ie; patina). It says as much in the description.
    10-19-2017 03:42 PM
    Have a Nomad arriving today will see how it is.
    10-19-2017 04:51 PM
    I saw the leathers cases for the iPhone 8/8 Plus in the Apple Store yesterday, they look amazing!!
    10-19-2017 09:23 PM
    I ordered a spigen ultra hybrid a few weeks ago just to have something for whenever it comes....
    10-25-2017 11:16 PM
    Getting Apple silicone just not sure if I want the white or cobalt blue for my silver 256gb.

May pick up a charging base for it too (wireless). Just not sure which one? Maybe the Mophie at the Apple Store because I'm not sure about using one that they don't sell...
    10-27-2017 06:35 AM
    Getting Apple silicone just not sure if I want the white or cobalt blue for my silver 256gb.

May pick up a charging base for it too (wireless). Just not sure which one? Maybe the Mophie at the Apple Store because I'm not sure about using one that they don't sell...
    Both? :P
    robertk328 likes this.
    10-27-2017 06:48 AM

I have 3 wireless chargers, none of them Apple or Morphie. I have one in my car, one on my desk at work and one by my bed for nightime. All work great. Don't overthink it.
    robertk328 likes this.
    10-27-2017 12:04 PM

You really don't need to worry about if Apple sells the wireless charger or not, as others have stated. This is the advantage of Apple using an industry wireless charging standard. I have on that is a few years old, just a very cheap one (like this one, just a different color) that I bought to use with a Nexus 5 that works fine with the iPhone 8 Plus. I also recently bought this one, I like that it is a stand so I can use my phone easily while it sits on the charger. It has two coils, so it can charge the phone regardless if you set the phone in landscape or portrait mode on the stand -- and will be able to "fast charge" the device if Apple updates the software on the phones. Though keep in mind that wireless "fast charging" is about the same speed as using the adapter that comes with the iPhone -- it isn't fast like if you use an iMac charger.

You can get an equally good wireless Qi charger, but pay half as much, if you look for one you like on Amazon or other retailers. There are also lots of articles, including by iMore, that list some of the better Qi chargers available.
    robertk328, lizinnyc and aximtreo like this.
    10-27-2017 05:48 PM

Got the white silicone, most colors were out. But I have the Silver 256gb so it's all good... looks like my Silver 6s but bigger!
    10-28-2017 05:28 PM

I picked up this clear/pink LAUT case for my silver 8+ at Target for $45. Added my galaxy popsocket for better handling.
    akutch34 likes this.
    10-29-2017 08:44 PM
    I picked up this clear/pink LAUT case for my silver 8+ at Target for $45. Added my galaxy popsocket for better handling.
    Season's almost over but I have a baseball popsocket on mine.
    CawlidgeHawkey likes this.
    10-30-2017 04:39 AM

Picked up a Spigen Neo Hybrid in Pale Dogwood. The photo doesn’t do it justice, it’s absolutely gorgeous and fits my 8 Plus perfectly. Very happy.
    11-02-2017 05:43 AM
    Anyone using a wireless charger and a pop socket? Probably have to take it off to do so.
    sibebabe likes this.
    11-02-2017 01:02 PM
    Anyone using a wireless charger and a pop socket? Probably have to take it off to do so.
    I haven't tried it yet, but I've been reading elsewhere that popsockets don't play well with the wireless chargers. I've heard from a couple people that th charger connects initially, but then disconnects.

Just passing along what I've read/heard
    robertk328 likes this.
    11-02-2017 04:07 PM
    Yup you have to take it off. Didn't work for me
    11-02-2017 04:12 PM
    I haven't tried it yet, but I've been reading elsewhere that popsockets don't play well with the wireless chargers. I've heard from a couple people that th charger connects initially, but then disconnects.

Just passing along what I've read/heard
    Yup you have to take it off. Didn't work for me
    Thanks, I figured as much!
    11-02-2017 06:30 PM
    Mine works just fine. I'm using a TYLT charger.
    11-03-2017 06:22 PM
187 ... 23456 ...